• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd NL

Our pleasure to be of assistance Samer :)

I was so fearful about timing (and things in Tanzania sometimes take ages) that as soon as I found out the August cut-offs (before I even got the 2nd NL), I went and got my police certificate for Tanzania in two days and the same week I started doing my work on the UK police certificate which I got within 10 days.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Hi Momo, i just came across an Interesting FAQ, in ABU DHABI Embassy website, which actually summarize my concerns about the Police certificates,

13. For how long is a police certificate valid?

For your country of residence, a police certificate is considered valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. Police certificates obtained from other countries where you previously resided are valid indefinitely, provided that you do not return to the country and reside for six months or more.