• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd NL

I prepared a checklist which I tick off as and when something is done:

Passport - ready
Birth Certificate - ready
Marriage Certificate - ready
Divorce Certificate/Annulment Documents - ready
High School Diploma - ready
Police Certificate (TZ) - ready
Police Certificate (UK) - pending
Bank Statements - pending - to be collected 15th July
I-134 Affidavit of Support (for the heck of it) - pending - expecting this next week

Medical - scheduling for next week (Tanzania has 6 month validity for the medical result) and I was told to book my appointment after my 2nd NL came through.

Note On Medicals - this should be done by a physician/clinic which is officially appointed by the US Embassy in your country and should be done early not a week before the interview as per my readings on various websites and check the validity of your medical result with the clinic/physician. The entire medical process (including x-rays and vaccinations) takes approximately one week from what I have been told here.

Affidavit of Work Experience from Directors - do I really need a written statement from them? If yes then should they indicate where I fall under O Net? Any thoughts from other forum members?

Other Educational Documents - ACCA exam results/pass dates ready - IGCSE/IB results ready (I don't think I'll need these but am taking them anyway to be safe).

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June latest.
Medicals - Scheduled for the week of 17th June 2013
Interview - August 7th 2013 @ 8am
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Momo1980
Please if you will do your medical checkup in Tanzania, let me know what they check especially for vaccination and it cost how much?

Momo1980
Please if you will do your medical checkup in Tanzania, let me know what they check especially for vaccination and it cost how much?

Hujambo my friend. Medical is being done at Premier Clinic (this is the registered/appointed clinic by the US Embassy in TZ therefore do not go to any other clinic) next to Best Bite Namanga.

The requirements are as follows:

- 1 passport size photo

- Previous vaccination records (if any)

- Previous medical records (if any)

- Fee is $100 to $500 (with vaccinations it can go up to $500)

- Validity of the medical is 6 months therefore schedule it after you get your 2nd NL. The entire process takes one week.

Of course I will say goodbye to babu and bibi :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June 2013 latest.
Medicals - Scheduled for the week of 24th June 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013

It's cheap in TZ, it's £227 in London!!!

Well it depends. Just a medical examination is $100 but then extras like the x-rays and vaccinations and all that other beeswax adds up lol

TZ moto moto these days lol

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June 2013 latest.

£227 with X-Ray, review of your vaccinations record and the body check. I had proof of all the vaccinations except for MMR, which I opted to do at my GP for free.

Just got a call from my supplier in the UK that my UK police certificate has come through and he will be sending it by courier today...I am on track for August 7th :)

To echo the words of Christian Bale "I'm just a happy camper, rockin' and rollin'!" lol

Anyone have an idea how long the process at the port of entry takes? Do they ask any questions?

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 19th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania

Just got a call from my supplier in the UK that my UK police certificate has come through and he will be sending it by courier today...I am on track for August 7th :)

To echo the words of Christian Bale "I'm just a happy camper, rockin' and rollin'!" lol

Anyone have an idea how long the process at the port of entry takes? Do they ask any questions?

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 19th June 2013

I've read some accounts of that - sounded like a shortish "interview" - perhaps 15/20 minutes (although waiting your turn on a busy day/flight could increase that dramatically). Some friendly questions nothing too much like the "Spanish Inquisition".

Must have felt like a lifetime.

Ah there were times where I wondered when time would fly and I'd go back home but I have to admit I still call London my second home and Willesden Green/Cricklewood my turf and I miss my doner kebabs and Sunday roast sometimes lol :)

Now for the second time in my life I'm leaving home to start a new life elsewhere...

I've read some accounts of that - sounded like a shortish "interview" - perhaps 15/20 minutes (although waiting your turn on a busy day/flight could increase that dramatically). Some friendly questions nothing too much like the "Spanish Inquisition".

Lol I certainly hope it's not like a tribunal. The Spaniards used to wallop people back in those days if they didn't behave :p

My HR lady just told me that she went through a horrible experience at the US Embassy here for her B1/B2 visa which was surprising considering she has been to America before to visit and had all the documents with her (she said the consular lady didn't even bother reading or looking at the documents) and simply asked her two questions and said "I am sorry but you do not qualify for a visa" rejected 30 out of 35 other people today.

I hope I won't have any problems on August 7th considering mine is an immigrant application and documents are more meticulous.

No interview at the POE, only a procedure. The yellow-brown immigrant envelope should be kept at hand all the time and guarded better than a queen -a big, big, big problem if it gets lost. First time one goes through "VISITORS" entrance (sometimes if it is written CITIZENS RESIDENTS VISITORS, choose Residents (different ways for different cities).
In Chicago first they do custom control and only after that one is allowed in the department where the bags can be picked up. 5 $ to place the bags on the mobile trolley.

No interview at the POE, only a procedure. The yellow-brown immigrant envelope should be kept at hand all the time and guarded better than a queen -a big, big, big problem if it gets lost. First time one goes through "VISITORS" entrance (sometimes if it is written CITIZENS RESIDENTS VISITORS, choose Residents (different ways for different cities).
In Chicago first they do custom control and only after that one is allowed in the department where the bags can be picked up. 5 $ to place the bags on the mobile trolley.

I normally enter America through JFK and if memory serves me correctly there are three areas: US Citizens, US Green Card Holders, International Visitors/Foreign Citizens so I'm presuming I would have to go through the US Green Card Holders section is what you're saying?

However this time I'm planning to enter through Washington Dulles as my brother is there so it'd probably be different and quite a bit of traffic in the airport on that day (I plan to arrive there on Sunday 18th August).

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013