• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd NL

Princedriss

Registered Users (C)
I got my second NL, first week of August , thanks god, what about you momo , obeeyz and all others who are waiting :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also got my 2nl Interview second week of August.
I wish you all the best and all I can say is let the WILL OF THE OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST PREVAIL for he only has good plans for you.
I don't know about the rest of you, but as for me I have surrendered all to God whether or not I get my visa. If I get my visa well then glory be to God I shall proclaim, and if don't get I will still say "GLORY TO BE TO MY GOD!"

Some of you may ask and wonder why I will respond like this and my answer to you all is simply that because He live I can face tomorrow and because he lives all my fear is gone and I know he holds my future and therefore my God has only God plans for me.

I urge us all brethren that whether or not we each get a visa just know that our lives are in God's hands and many are the plans of man but God has the final say. May we all trust and believe in him regardless of the outcomes of our interviews.

For I know the thoughts and plans that
I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare
and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your
final outcome. (Jeremiah 29:11 AMP)

Got mine last night :)

My interview is August 7th which means if all goes well I'll have my passport back August 11th and leave on August 17th :)

Got mine as well, second week of august. congrats guys and all the best to all of us

No i was yesterday back from sports last night, i checked my mail and i find an official email which says :

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

Congratulations to all who received their 2nd NL.

britsimon - we all got e-mails from KCC telling us to check ESC.

Our journey has only just begun!

next week we have a lot of work to do lol, i have to get my birth and police certificate then translate them from arabic to english

how about medicals ? they site on this link that the medical tests should be ready a week before the interview, does it mean i cant take now the medicals until the end of july ?? : http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/CSB-MED-MULT-0002-1301.pdf

Your best bet is to contact the approved physician and ask them. If they are like the ones in our country, they will book your appointment based on when your interview date is. (also,I didn't read your link, but I would have interpreted your extract as "no later than" one week before,don't wait till July and then find out the doctor is booked up and can't see you in time....)

next week we have a lot of work to do lol, i have to get my birth and police certificate then translate them from arabic to english

how about medicals ? they site on this link that the medical tests should be ready a week before the interview, does it mean i cant take now the medicals until the end of july ?? : http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/CSB-MED-MULT-0002-1301.pdf

I prepared a checklist which I tick off as and when something is done:

Passport - ready
Birth Certificate - ready
Marriage Certificate - ready
Divorce Certificate/Annulment Documents - ready
High School Diploma - ready
Police Certificate (TZ) - ready
Police Certificate (UK) - pending
Bank Statements - pending - to be collected 15th July
I-134 Affidavit of Support (for the heck of it) - pending - expecting this next week

Medical - scheduling for next week (Tanzania has 6 month validity for the medical result) and I was told to book my appointment after my 2nd NL came through.

Note On Medicals - this should be done by a physician/clinic which is officially appointed by the US Embassy in your country and should be done early not a week before the interview as per my readings on various websites and check the validity of your medical result with the clinic/physician. The entire medical process (including x-rays and vaccinations) takes approximately one week from what I have been told here.

Affidavit of Work Experience from Directors - do I really need a written statement from them? If yes then should they indicate where I fall under O Net? Any thoughts from other forum members?

Other Educational Documents - ACCA exam results/pass dates ready - IGCSE/IB results ready (I don't think I'll need these but am taking them anyway to be safe).

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June latest.
Medicals - Scheduled for the week of 17th June 2013
Interview - August 7th 2013 @ 8am
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Momo,

Your education is sufficient to pass the requirement and that is absolutely clear - correct? In that case the work experience thing is not needed - so I personally wouldn't bother with it. If on the other hand you are concerned about your qualifications in some way, then yes I would have a statement prepared that connects you very well to the closest O'Net description. I would also have a CV ready and so on...

Looks like you are very well prepared - you should sail through the interview!

Simon

Momo,

Your education is sufficient to pass the requirement and that is absolutely clear - correct? In that case the work experience thing is not needed - so I personally wouldn't bother with it. If on the other hand you are concerned about your qualifications in some way, then yes I would have a statement prepared that connects you very well to the closest O'Net description. I would also have a CV ready and so on...

Looks like you are very well prepared - you should sail through the interview!

Simon

Simon, thanks for the words of encouragement, much appreciated mate!

Education wise I've got the high school diploma in hand and the good thing is the school I went to is the same school the US Embassy staff in Tanzania send their kids to so I'm presuming that will hold some weight.

I'll prepare the letter from my folks tomorrow as I'm feeling absolutely lazy and tired today from all the stressing over the last couple of months about the DV...today I'm just looking forward to munching on my Sichuan crabs for dinner :p

I'm guessing that my forms are back at the US Embassy here and have a green light on them including my background check and details of previous visits so the interview is pretty much a formality.

I prepared a checklist which I tick off as and when something is done:

Passport - ready
Birth Certificate - ready
Marriage Certificate - ready
Divorce Certificate/Annulment Documents - ready
High School Diploma - ready
Police Certificate (TZ) - ready
Police Certificate (UK) - pending
Bank Statements - pending - to be collected 15th July
I-134 Affidavit of Support (for the heck of it) - pending - expecting this next week

Medical - scheduling for next week (Tanzania has 6 month validity for the medical result) and I was told to book my appointment after my 2nd NL came through.

Note On Medicals - this should be done by a physician/clinic which is officially appointed by the US Embassy in your country and should be done early not a week before the interview as per my readings on various websites and check the validity of your medical result with the clinic/physician. The entire medical process (including x-rays and vaccinations) takes approximately one week from what I have been told here.

Affidavit of Work Experience from Directors - do I really need a written statement from them? If yes then should they indicate where I fall under O Net? Any thoughts from other forum members?

Other Educational Documents - ACCA exam results/pass dates ready - IGCSE/IB results ready (I don't think I'll need these but am taking them anyway to be safe).

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - hopefully by 24th June latest.
Medicals - Scheduled for the week of 17th June 2013
Interview - August 7th 2013 @ 8am
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

On education - some people at various consulates - including in my country but not only - have reported that the officer asked them for high school certificate and wasn't interested in anything other than the minimum. In my interview nevertheless I was asked for proof of my highest degree ...so I would say, yes take all (don't think you need the IGCSEs as they aren't qualifying anyway, but take the IB results).

So far so good...

ACRO (Association of Chief Police Officers - Criminal Records Office UK) has acknowledged receipt of my forms and are processing them so hopefully this will come through by next week.

Medical scheduled for next week (they gonna jab my butt and take away my integrity boohoooo :-(. I bet the physician will say "alright drop em'" :-| )

I-134 coming through in a few days.

Letter of affidavit from papa smurf and mama smurfette on my work experience according to O Net is ready.

Money - trying to change my greedy habits and save for a change lol...

If all goes well I will be entering the United States of America exactly two months from today on 18th August yabadabadoo (the Al Pacino version)

How's everyone's paperwork coming along so far?

Got mine last night :)

My interview is August 7th which means if all goes well I'll have my passport back August 11th and leave on August 17th :)

hahahaha, mom you will leave very quickly, you don't need to say bye bye to babu na Bibi?