• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

One question for curiosity, if you get disqualified for some reason, do you become a message saying you was disqualified and the reason why or you just become the typical message: you are not selected ? Sorry if someone already asked the same question. Couldn't find it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I couldn't find it this answer anywhere

So I'm the principal applicant and my wife is derived

I have the high school dgree but she doesn't

-Does it mean she gets disqualified ?

And if anything wrong with her picture but my picture is fine

-Does is get the entrey disqualified ?

I'm sorry I couldn't find it this answer anywhere

So I'm the principal applicant and my wife is derived

I have the high school dgree but she doesn't

-Does it mean she gets disqualified ?

And if anything wrong with her picture but my picture is fine

-Does is get the entrey disqualified ?

You could not have looked hard for the first question...

1. Only the principal selectee needs to meet the education/work experience requirement.
2. A derivative photo won't normally result in a disqualification unless there is some sort of fraud suspected.

One question for curiosity, if you get disqualified for some reason, do you become a message saying you was disqualified and the reason why or you just become the typical message: you are not selected ? Sorry if someone already asked the same question. Couldn't find it.

Just the not selected message.

But typically the only reason for disqualification before selection is announced, is duplicate entries. They don't do any adjudication on the merits of an entry - only a consular official can do that. So if you didn't try submit a duplicate (including using false birth dates etc) then if you weren't selected it's just (literally) the luck of the draw.

Good to know you had that opportunity and living your dream. Tomorrow will be a life changing day for several people around the world. This is my second time applying and well lets see if the luck is on my side this year.
You'll be okay just keep believing.