• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Tanzania 1let's see that big day cuz back in the day we were used to bettin' ours chances but it'd never made us proud,may be dv lottery 2017 gotta turn the dreams on,good lucky to y'all

Been 2.5 years so far, and counting the days to become a citizen.

It has been something else. One of life's best experience, from being selected to receiving the visa. It's true that one goes through some nervousness and you keep wondering what if something goes wrong, especially if you're put on Administrative Processing, but when it's all history you will look back fondly at it all.

Being in America, especially if you come from a third world country like myself, is pure joy. You probably know how everything in those countries is a struggle against corruption, disorder, bribery, and dysfunctional bureaucracy. This makes doing even the simplest things here a joy because you compare it in your mind to how it's done back home. I sometimes even go out for a drive without going anywhere, just to enjoy the open clean roads where people stick to their lanes and stop at traffic lights etc. :p The physical green card itself is a beauty that I can't stop admiring to this day, and sometimes I don't even believe that I actually have it in my hand. I wish you will all get to enjoy these feelings, whether here or in another country where you can live your dreams :)
Am in the same boat as you...its an awesome experience n moreover when you've come back from short visit to africa and the cops direct you for a self check in kiosk you feel proud to be in America.....all the best to May selectees:):)

Is it binding to insert an US address in the DS-260 form? Or I can leave it blank and notice an US address during the interview?

Captura.JPG

2 weeks to go

My heart will beat so fast on that day, I might have a heart attack :v haha
Here is something to get you pumped up a little... Found a screenshot I took when I checked and found a selection notification. Hope you will all see this on May 3rd :D

View attachment 701

That's the message that millions of people are hoping to receive in a couple of weeks. Lets hope my confirmation number has this one for 2017 :)

Who's placing bets there is going to be a screw up again come May 3:p Im not checking till atleast May 5

I don't think there will be any issues. Probably the time out thing that happened last year but who knows, its all possible. What part of the world are you from?

I don't think there will be any issues. Probably the time out thing that happened last year but who knows, its all possible. What part of the world are you from?

South Africa so AF Region. Im in the US already on an F1 graduating in may with OPT approved to work for 1 year. Hoping to get it this time the timing will be perfect. But im not keeping my hopes up I have done this almost 7 years now since I was 18 even with my parents and no success.

South Africa so AF Region. Im in the US already on an F1 graduating in may with OPT approved to work for 1 year. Hoping to get it this time the timing will be perfect. But im not keeping my hopes up I have done this almost 7 years now since I was 18 even with my parents and no success.

I understand your point of not having lot of hopes on this. The chances of winning is only 1% and I started to apply for this since the previous lottery of 2016, they are some people that are lucky and get selected on the first try and they are others that even try 9, 10 and 14 times. After my first not selected, I approach this in a different way now and will just celebrate if I get selected, if not then move on with normal life activities.