• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Does the time you check the results the same for everyone? is there a chance that your status of selection could change?

It doesn't matter. If you are selected, you are selected - it won't change.

There have been times in the past where a 2nd round draw was made, but that is very rare and not to be expected.

I know @Pierre82

"silly question coming up" Once we view the result, can we review it again for documentation purposes, or it will be the same as when we registered for the DV (like taking a screen shot or something)

Reason I'm asking this is because I might be at work when the big day happens..and as you can tell, I can't wait to get home and check the results over there

It stays available until you get your interview notification - MONTHS later.

Does the time you check the results the same for everyone? is there a chance that your status of selection could change?

Theoretically everyone will be able to check from the same time. However, DoS IT department seem to find a way to inject a little drama in to the process each year, whether it be the web servers getting swamped by the people rushing to check in the first few hours, or by having a bug in the results process like DV2015, or a complete farce like DV2012.

Final thought, they do say to retain your confirmation code because there has been a "second draw" in some previous years, a few months after the main draw.

Hi everyone, Shekina here, I'm eagerly waiting for the results. Of we don't get through we are going to Australia or new Zealand. My mum is applying to both countries. Hope We Get though. Not that long to go now. Good luck to all.

Welcome back @Shekina . Best of luck to you again this year :)

5th timer here! (Since 2011)

Jeez MattWatt, you won in 2013 but no interview!!! Awww that sucks!!!

Theoretically everyone will be able to check from the same time. However, DoS IT department seem to find a way to inject a little drama in to the process each year, whether it be the web servers getting swamped by the people rushing to check in the first few hours, or by having a bug in the results process like DV2015, or a complete farce like DV2012.

Final thought, they do say to retain your confirmation code because there has been a "second draw" in some previous years, a few months after the main draw.
Not a few months. Only a few days except for 2013. It happened for the DV 2013 the first time and then 2015. (You were able to double check the result after 1 day in 2014. They even sent an email to all the participants to let them know about a bug)

Last edited:
Not a few months. Only a few days except for 2013. It happened for the DV 2013 the first time and then 2015. (You were able to double check the result after maybe 10 days)

A few months is correct. He was not talking about double checking but about a second draw, which in the years it happens seems to be in October.

A few months is correct. He was not talking about double checking but about a second draw, which in the years it happens seems to be in October.
Yes I was referring to the second draw as well. I have been documenting everything on another forum. For the DV 2013, the second draw was on July 15, 2012. As for DV 2015, second draw was on May 2nd, 2014.

First glitch that ever happened was for the DV 2013 (Unless I am completely mistaking!), that's why you don't get the results on May 1st anymore. Like I said it happened twice so far.