• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

helo ther i saw yo post I applied for the dv2017 lottery awaiting the results, just incase I get selected I wanted to know
how you go about the process after you been selected . thanks hey

If selected, your selectee notification letter will come with processing instructions.

Hello guys i am not a winner of the DV lottery but rather I've just heard about the DV lottery today so i came across this site when i was doing some research about it. I am from Zimbabwe and i hope to take part in the DV lottery this year. :). However, I've realized that there is so much emphasis on the photo requirements for the application. My question is for those who got their pictures taken in Zimbabwe, which photo studio did you go to? i cant afford to make a mistake i want my application to be perfect to increase my chances of winning. please help!!! love you all

Hello guys i am not a winner of the DV lottery but rather I've just heard about the DV lottery today so i came across this site when i was doing some research about it. I am from Zimbabwe and i hope to take part in the DV lottery this year. :). However, I've realized that there is so much emphasis on the photo requirements for the application. My question is for those who got their pictures taken in Zimbabwe, which photo studio did you go to? i cant afford to make a mistake i want my application to be perfect to increase my chances of winning. please help!!! love you all

If you take some care, you can take a photo on a phone. Just have a plain white background behind you, make sure the light is good, and have someone take a few photos of head and shoulders. That can be cropped with the official photo tool and will be just fine.

Okay
If you take some care, you can take a photo on a phone. Just have a plain white background behind you, make sure the light is good, and have someone take a few photos of head and shoulders. That can be cropped with the official photo tool and will be just fine.
okay. Thank you

Focal point.. must b pa cnr Mazowe and Tongogara thats if you in harare.. u cn google other locations

@Nico7714

That's precisely why I asked for further clarification. This forum does not allow nor encourage fraudulent activities aimed at circumventing the immigration process. What you're proposing is immigration fraud, which is highly frowned upon. So I'm deleting your original post.

Further fraudulent posts will result in a ban from the forum.

The intentions are clear from other posts.

It is perhaps pertinent to warn any "single ladies " out there that a green card marriage can not only lose you your green card, but get you banned from the US for life. It's not worth the money being offered.

Yes the intention could be assumed to be there, I however needed him to openly tip his hands, hence the request for further clarification.

This forum helped me out so much. I had no idea of how the process was structured. I keep on passing this site to so many people I know who are planning on migrating to the US. Keep on the good work everyone. Your advise is golden.

Hello all. I have just been selected for applying the DV visa 2018. I am from Zimbabwe but currently staying in South Africa. Should i have the interview in Zim or in SA? i have 7 olevels, 3 Alevel and insurance courses i did in Zimbabwe and South Africa. My husband only paid the lobola in 2010 but we never got married officially. When i applied i entered as single. We have 1 son together and he has a daughter from previous relationship and we live with her. My question is can i add him and his daughter when i complete the DS260. We are planning do do a court marriage and then i complete the DS260. Is this acceptable? What is the deadline for completing the DS260?

Hello all. I have just been selected for applying the DV visa 2018. I am from Zimbabwe but currently staying in South Africa. Should i have the interview in Zim or in SA? i have 7 olevels, 3 Alevel and insurance courses i did in Zimbabwe and South Africa. My husband only paid the lobola in 2010 but we never got married officially. When i applied i entered as single. We have 1 son together and he has a daughter from previous relationship and we live with her. My question is can i add him and his daughter when i complete the DS260. We are planning do do a court marriage and then i complete the DS260. Is this acceptable? What is the deadline for completing the DS260?

Hi Angel,
If you're living in SA you should do the interview in Johannesburg. You need to do medicals in same country you interview in by the way, will be easier if you just do it there I think.
I presume you added your son to your eDV? Yes do a court marriage, the relationship will be easy to prove with your son, lobola paid etc. You will then need to add your husband to your case, and remember you will need to list his daughter as a child on your and his DS260 even if you don't apply for a visa for her to take her with. If you do take her with then you will fill out a DS260 for her as well.

There is no "deadline" for the DS260 but ideally you want it done by 4 months before your interview. What is your case number (blank out the last 3 numbers e.g. AF12xxx)?

Hi Angel,
If you're living in SA you should do the interview in Johannesburg. You need to do medicals in same country you interview in by the way, will be easier if you just do it there I think.
I presume you added your son to your eDV? Yes do a court marriage, the relationship will be easy to prove with your son, lobola paid etc. You will then need to add your husband to your case, and remember you will need to list his daughter as a child on your and his DS260 even if you don't apply for a visa for her to take her with. If you do take her with then you will fill out a DS260 for her as well.

There is no "deadline" for the DS260 but ideally you want it done by 4 months before your interview. What is your case number (blank out the last 3 numbers e.g. AF12xxx)?

Thank you for the reply SUSIEQQQ.
My case number is AF00016XXX. i heard that i need to submit my bank statement to prove that i wont be a burden when i live in America. If i dont have enough funds that they require does that mean i wont qualify? i really don't have enough savings. What are my options? i have a distant family member who is living in USA.

Thank you for the reply SUSIEQQQ.
My case number is AF00016XXX. i heard that i need to submit my bank statement to prove that i wont be a burden when i live in America. If i dont have enough funds that they require does that mean i wont qualify? i really don't have enough savings. What are my options? i have a distant family member who is living in USA.

Johannesburg does often ask for bank statements. Would your relative be willing to fill out an I134 affidavit of support for you?
Alternatively if your education/training /work experience means you should find an ok job pretty easily that might be enough ...but an I134 would be a big advantage.

Thank you for your help. I will speak to her if she is willing to help.. You had requested for my case number.. What does the number mean?

Thank you for your help. I will speak to her if she is willing to help.. You had requested for my case number.. What does the number mean?

Oh right, that's a fairly low number. In DV2017 you would have been able to interview by December 2016 already. So (assuming you want to get your visa as early as possible) I'd suggest you don't waste too much time to get married and submit your DS260.

By the way, if it helps, you & your husband can both show bank statements etc. You'll be moving as a family so they will look at it like that.

Congrats Angelg21. I applied for my first US Visa in Zim and it was a breeze! Easy, took about 5min total on two windows. I don't know about SA, but they just might look at your papers with a magnifying glass, but that's just an assumption... all the best! You will love it!