• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

hi guys,i became current for the month of August....but sadly i have to divorce from my wife because things are not wrking out.She and our son are a part of my application.I need to know what documents i can produce at the interview since my divorce papers will not be out by then,because it takes long here to get them.

Contact the embassy and let them know your wife will no longer be attending the interview. Go on your own, just get a visa for you.

hi guys,i became current for the month of August....but sadly i have to divorce from my wife because things are not wrking out.She and our son are a part of my application.I need to know what documents i can produce at the interview since my divorce papers will not be out by then,because it takes long here to get them.

I would recommend going to the Embassy with your divorce application, a letter from your spouse stating the divorce is by mutual consent and also details of the childs custody. If you could take her and the child for the interview so they can answer any questions that would be nice as well.

Make sure as SusieQQQ has told you you email the embassy in advance and
Let them know of the new development.

I would recommend going to the Embassy with your divorce application, a letter from your spouse stating the divorce is by mutual consent and also details of the childs custody. If you could take her and the child for the interview so they can answer any questions that would be nice as well.

Make sure as SusieQQQ has told you you email the embassy in advance and
Let them know of the new development.

I think taking them for the interview just confuses the issue. They will assume anyone who is there for the interview wants a visa.

My brother got his Visa :) Thank you all so much! This forum is really helpful. If any Zimbo have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you all again. God bless.

My brother got his Visa :) Thank you all so much! This forum is really helpful. If any Zimbo have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you all again. God bless.
Congrats to ur brother thts nice.Wld u knw wat kind of questions he was asked at the interview,mine's next month.

Congrats to ur brother thts nice.Wld u knw wat kind of questions he was asked at the interview,mine's next month.
Thanks Warren88. They asked about his sponsor (me), work and education. I filled an affidavit of support for him. I can give you his contacts if you would like to hear from him.

Congratulations. Now the real journey begins. His life will change forever. We are here to make sure he transitions well. Good advise is not easy top find. I hope we can continue to help each other out.

Congratulations. Now the real journey begins. His life will change forever. We are here to make sure he transitions well. Good advise is not easy top find. I hope we can continue to help each other out.
Thank you for caring so much my brother! Your advice is much appreciated and I will keep you posted on everything. Thanks again !

Hi guys.is it possible to apply for a tourist visa then once you get to america you then apply for a green card.also i hear its now hard to get a visa unless if you are going to study in usa

Hi guys.is it possible to apply for a tourist visa then once you get to america you then apply for a green card.also i hear its now hard to get a visa unless if you are going to study in usa
Are you a DV 2015 lottery winner, is your specific question above related to the DV process?

Im not a winner but would want to enter the dv lottery
Great. The most effective way to approach this would be to participate in the DV-2017 eDV lottery (dates will be published on official https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ website in due course), check online starting on or around May 5, 2016 whether you have been selected for further processing and to ask any and all DV related questions on this forum.

Ok thanx.but whats more better applying for a tourist visa then green card once in the states or to just wait for the dv lottery

Of course, many people would love to do this. This is why they deny tourist visas when people are unable to show that they do not have immigrant intent. If you were planning to do it this way, it seems likely that you would be unable to demonstrate strong enough home ties for them to grant you a visa. So yes that may be why you perceive it is hard to get a visa. People who are able to clearly show they will return home afterwards generally have no problem getting tourist visas.

The uscis lists all the ways you can get a green card: http://www.uscis.gov/greencard