• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

So I guess Im doing an AFP check????!!

Yeah you quoted me before I made the following edit to my post:

(Edit: I forgot you were outside Australia, so I scratched my comment about AFP checks.)

And also:

Ok thanks! Also for prior visits to the US- it says "location" what does that mean? Port of entry or where you spent most of your time? What if you travelled all over?

It means where you went. Again I thought that was fairly self-explanatory. Take a deep breath, I think you're getting yourself worked up and confused.

I had done six trips by the time I filled out my DS-230, to around 30 states over six years. I didn't even list them all - I just filled the section on the form and moved on. No one ever asked me, they didn't compare my passport stamps or visa records to the forms. It's not that big of a deal. Really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks! Also for prior visits to the US- it says "location" what does that mean? Port of entry or where you spent most of your time? What if you travelled all over?

On my first trip to the US I backpacked all over for a few months. I can't remember exactly what I put down but it would have been something like " visiting many cities". I certainly didn't list them all!

On my first trip to the US I backpacked all over for a few months. I can't remember exactly what I put down but it would have been something like " visiting many cities". I certainly didn't list them all!

I just wrote down the states' initials - CA, NV, NY, WI, FL etc. And I definitely didn't annotate my first trip, which was eight weeks and probably 35 cities haha. Who's got time to write that down!

Thanks people. Im sending my forms tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it all works out and I'll be taking wee trip to Sydney maybe August???!!!

I just wrote down the states' initials - CA, NV, NY, WI, FL etc. And I definitely didn't annotate my first trip, which was eight weeks and probably 35 cities haha. Who's got time to write that down!

Interviews are scheduled 2 months in advance of the interview date, is that right? So the last people to have interviews Sept will be notified August?

Interviews are scheduled 2 months in advance of the interview date, is that right? So the last people to have interviews Sept will be notified August?

The September interviews will be scheduled immediately after the August VB which is released in early/mid July. So, by late July (latest) the final interviews will be scheduled. That will be a nail biting time because if the global limit is reached before the end of the year (as I believe it will) then there will be dcheduled interviews cancelled (as happened last year in Iran).

Sweet, cheers Simon. How soon before the cancelled interviews did people know that their interviews were scheduled?

Yeah I probably visited, I dunno, 15 states and DC on that trip? Possibly more even. I wasn't specific at all.

Hey guys, I'm so confused. I had my interview & would like to share my experience but am not sure where on the new boards to post it! Where is everyone from this thread posting stuff now?

Hey guys, I'm so confused. I had my interview & would like to share my experience but am not sure where on the new boards to post it! Where is everyone from this thread posting stuff now?

Scorpz, after a lot of confusion, I believe this is now the most common forum for Australian visa winners. From what I can gather, it's a combination of the original forum, plus the new temporary forum that was set up while they worked on the malfunctioning original forum. Some people are now also posting on a completely separate forum, visajourney.com, but the forum you've posted on here is the one with the 2014 Australian winners thread.

The September interviews will be scheduled immediately after the August VB which is released in early/mid July. So, by late July (latest) the final interviews will be scheduled. That will be a nail biting time because if the global limit is reached before the end of the year (as I believe it will) then there will be dcheduled interviews cancelled (as happened last year in Iran).

What will be nail biting (or at best bloody annoying) will be if September shows as either "current" or includes my CN for OC in the June VB, but having to wait until interviews are actually scheduled in July.

Scorpz, after a lot of confusion, I believe this is now the most common forum for Australian visa winners. From what I can gather, it's a combination of the original forum, plus the new temporary forum that was set up while they worked on the malfunctioning original forum. Some people are now also posting on a completely separate forum, visajourney.com, but the forum you've posted on here is the one with the 2014 Australian winners thread.

That about sums it up nicely!

Look forward to hearing your experience scorpz, please post here!

Is Oceania going to go current in a few days? Let's make it happen guys! Positive thoughts.

Congratulations to all who have secured GC's so far.

Look forward to hearing your experience scorpz, please post here!

Hi Essy,
Your Signature says "
DV Selectee 2014 - 2014OC000029xx
DV Selectee 2014 - 2014OC000004xx (selected 2 years in a row)"

Is the second line meant to say 2015?

Yes, he was selected twice. A few of the OC crew were selected in back to back years. I unfortunately missed out this year but am still in the running for the 2014 :D