• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Hi Essy,
Your Signature says "
DV Selectee 2014 - 2014OC000029xx
DV Selectee 2014 - 2014OC000004xx (selected 2 years in a row)"

Is the second line meant to say 2015?

Ooopsies! Yes, that should say 2015, must have been tired when writing that one out! Should be fixed now. Mijoro - not sure if you were referring to me, but I'm a 'she'!

Commmmmmme on 1800
tumblr_lgymh1fQSM1qzpf49.gif

Unconfirmed 1450.

Worse than could be imagined.

If its true, appears that final cut off will be well below 2000.

Devastating.

That's ridiculous!! What the hell are KCC / Sydney Consulate playing at? I guess there's bugger all chance of CURRENT for September then.

Kind of wishing now that I was never selected in the first place - could have avoided all this anguish!

Ouch, what a horrible result!

The only thing that I am clinging to (and believe me, I know I'm probably giving myself false hope) is that I remember reading somewhere that you can no longer submit your form after June 10th I think? So, for the last visa bulletin, the KCCC/Sydney Consulate should know exactly how many people have submitted their DV-230 to get an interview. If this number matches the number of visas - maybe we *could* see the bulletin going current?

But yes, I thought it was possible we would miss out with our DV2014 number being OC0023XX - but I never thought I'd now be worried about not getting it NEXT year, with our number at DV2015OC0016XX!! We'll just have to wait and see for this last bulletin.... longest month ever!

But yes, I thought it was possible we would miss out with our DV2014 number being OC0023XX - but I never thought I'd now be worried about not getting it NEXT year, with our number at DV2015OC0016XX!! We'll just have to wait and see for this last bulletin.... longest month ever!

Count yourself lucky you got selected again for DV-2015. At OC21xx, I was hoping to get selected for 2015 with a lower number (as a lot of people seem to get), but alas was not even selected :(

Oh well, I can always hope for DV-2016 (if there is one).

Thanks love! I'm sorry for you too:(

Seeing as it hasn't been officially published yet I'm holding on to the very slim hope that Simon had a minor deaf moment & heard wrongly...:oops:
Maybe they actually said 2450... One can dream!:D

Thanks love! I'm sorry for you too:(

Seeing as it hasn't been officially published yet I'm holding on to the very slim hope that Simon had a minor deaf moment & heard wrongly...:oops:
Maybe they actually said 2450... One can dream!:D

Yes, lets hope Simon (or the KCC person) had some kind of senior moment lol

For anyone this still got hope - OC has gone CURRENT in September for the last 9 years. But with our numbers slowing down as they have been, who knows?
10435071_10152116530571109_6051737293761172944_n.jpg

For anyone this still got hope - OC has gone CURRENT in September for the last 9 years. But with our numbers slowing down as they have been, who knows?
10435071_10152116530571109_6051737293761172944_n.jpg

Current means there are enough visas to deal with remaining demand. This year we have always known that there are NOT enough visas for the demand - because they increased the selectee count by 30% globally (and by 100% for OC). THey always warn there might not be enough visas, but there always have been (at least in recent years). So - I don't think they can go current in September by the normal use of their term (as described in every VB) - but for the sake of all concerned I hope they do to at least make sure they squeeze every last visa until the limits are hit. If that is the case, the process would become a bit more of a lottery - because whilst they are supposed to observe case number order, that is not adhered to when scheduling within a given month. So - a quiet embassy could process a higher case number than a neighboring embassy.

I hate that this is happening this way. I published months ago my assumption that the OC selectee increase (100% versus the global 30%) was an indication that the OC quota must have been increased. I even predicted that OC would be the region most likely to go current. It's a bit early to say that was completely wrong - but unless something radical happens next month, it will look like a foolish assumption. If that caused anyone to take more hope than they should have done - I am sorry for that. It wasn't my intention.

Gosh this is such a disappointing situation. I just don't understand why there was such a large increase if they were going to go at an even slower pace than last year? I can't make any sense of it. I completely understand the sentiment about it being better to not be selected at all than be a selectee who never gets their number current. Stay strong everyone, at least for most of us in Australia we have it pretty good here compared to some of the selectees in other countries and it's important to remember that!