• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Why do they publish it in ankara and not in other ambassies ????

Well that isn't really what the Ankara embassy have published. Mijoro wanted to see a listing of what Sydney had done. The pdf from Ankara is an appointment listing (which some embassies publish) but it isn't what Mijoro was asking for...

Well that isn't really what the Ankara embassy have published. Mijoro wanted to see a listing of what Sydney had done. The pdf from Ankara is an appointment listing (which some embassies publish) but it isn't what Mijoro was asking for...

Yes presisly what I'm asking ? The new guy tarin gave a link containing a list of the interviews is
Ankara that's has been done ?
I wish I could get a similar link for jhb ambassy? :(

Yes presisly what I'm asking ? The new guy tarin gave a link containing a list of the interviews is
Ankara that's has been done ?
I wish I could get a similar link for jhb ambassy? :(

No - the link for Ankara was interviews scheduled for December and January - some of which were completed already. It was updated on 9th December.

Someone, somewhere will have grabbed that list as published in October and November - but you would need all of those to be what Mijoro wanted - and you would need that for Sydney - which may exist but I couldn't find.

There are two months between the notification and interview. Right now we just got the figures for the January bulletin which gives the cut off for February. So people wil get their 2NL in the next week or two (in December) for February appointments. Since you will be current in March, you will be getting your 2nl in about 6 weeks from now.

Thanks once again britsimon.

Any new interview stories? How is everyone going in terms of getting their paper work ready?

I've just kicked off a blog that's supposed to document my move to the US, as well as a rundown of the green card process, if anyone's interested or bored and wanting something to read.

www.crawfinusa.com

Any new interview stories? How is everyone going in terms of getting their paper work ready?

My hubby and I have our interview scheduled for mid-Jan :) We had our medical exam done last week, and now it's just a matter of photocopying and compiling all the documents in the correct order!

The medical was pretty straight-forward - when my husband made the booking (he did it in person as he works around the corner) with George st Medical centre in Sydney, they gave him a letter with all the details including vaccinations required for the exam, so we took that to our GP and got them to check our vaccination immunity levels according to what was on the letter. Blood tests came back and we needed a booster for MMR which we did with our GP and got them to provide a letter with vaccination details along with blood test results for immunity levels. By the way, the government is giving immunisations for MMR for free as of this month for people under the age of 44! We had our shots done right at the end of Nov, so just missed out (cost about $50).

I also knew I needed a booster for DTP, but decided to have it done at the Medical examination instead. So, basically the exam was just a urine test, blood test for syphillis, and an all over general check with the doctor (we had Dr Rapparport, who is just lovely) plus a chest Xray. As far as I know, we're fit and healthy!

I'll let you all know how the interview goes! From what others have said, I can't see anything being an issue other than the fact that we got married after my husband was selected for the lotto. Our situation is a bit different in that we needed the marriage paperwork lodged in Australia, because the ceremony itself will be held overseas in a couple of months time, but hopefully they won't make a big deal of it, as we've been together for a long time and have loads of proof of relationship material, which we're bringing in. Photo albums, emails from day dot of our relationship, joint bank account details, engagement ring receipts, EVERYTHING to prove relationship legitimacy - can't hurt to be extra prepared!

After the 2NL, my husband let the consulate know that he had gotten married and they just said for me to fill out the DS 230 form and for him to re-do his and that they "look forward to processing our visa"! :D

My hubby and I have our interview scheduled for mid-Jan :) We had our medical exam done last week, and now it's just a matter of photocopying and compiling all the documents in the correct order!

The medical was pretty straight-forward - when my husband made the booking (he did it in person as he works around the corner) with George st Medical centre in Sydney, they gave him a letter with all the details including vaccinations required for the exam, so we took that to our GP and got them to check our vaccination immunity levels according to what was on the letter. Blood tests came back and we needed a booster for MMR which we did with our GP and got them to provide a letter with vaccination details along with blood test results for immunity levels. By the way, the government is giving immunisations for MMR for free as of this month for people under the age of 44! We had our shots done right at the end of Nov, so just missed out (cost about $50).

I also knew I needed a booster for DTP, but decided to have it done at the Medical examination instead. So, basically the exam was just a urine test, blood test for syphillis, and an all over general check with the doctor (we had Dr Rapparport, who is just lovely) plus a chest Xray. As far as I know, we're fit and healthy!

I'll let you all know how the interview goes! From what others have said, I can't see anything being an issue other than the fact that we got married after my husband was selected for the lotto. Our situation is a bit different in that we needed the marriage paperwork lodged in Australia, because the ceremony itself will be held overseas in a couple of months time, but hopefully they won't make a big deal of it, as we've been together for a long time and have loads of proof of relationship material, which we're bringing in. Photo albums, emails from day dot of our relationship, joint bank account details, engagement ring receipts, EVERYTHING to prove relationship legitimacy - can't hurt to be extra prepared!

After the 2NL, my husband let the consulate know that he had gotten married and they just said for me to fill out the DS 230 form and for him to re-do his and that they "look forward to processing our visa"! :D

Congratulations on getting married!

So in case anybody else thought DPT stands for desktop printing and had no idea what MMR stands for...I just googled it - lol:

DPT vaccine, a triple vaccine used to inoculate against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
The MMR vaccine is an immunization vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (also called German measles).

I will have to go in with my daughter and find out what we need in terms of injections.

Miss the cut

Has anyone here in this forum ever heard of DV winners (from past years) simply missing out because they had reached there quota for that country/region either before or after their number became current?

I have heard of stories where people didn't have their paperwork in on time, submitted incorrect information and didn't make it through due to insufficient education qualifications or police records etc. I'd be interested to see if there has been occasions where there weren't enough visa's to give out due to the number of qualified applicants and quota's reached.

My attorney along with several others have assured me that we will get to the interview stage no matter what rank number you are (we are 26XX and going for AOS) and as long as you meet all the criteria and interview well, its pretty much a sure thing. I'm just a little nervous at the rate number progression for Oceania as I'm sure most others in my situation are.

Any thoughts?

In past years there have never been as many selectees as there are this year for Oceania. While I hope that there would be enough visa for everyone I don't know if that will be the case. 4100 selectees for our region but we are only sitting at 650. Here's hoping March shows some progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you are right Sloner I actually do but I am not sold on it yet. Hopefully March will show a big jump.

Has anyone here in this forum ever heard of DV winners (from past years) simply missing out because they had reached there quota for that country/region either before or after their number became current?

I have heard of stories where people didn't have their paperwork in on time, submitted incorrect information and didn't make it through due to insufficient education qualifications or police records etc. I'd be interested to see if there has been occasions where there weren't enough visa's to give out due to the number of qualified applicants and quota's reached.

My attorney along with several others have assured me that we will get to the interview stage no matter what rank number you are (we are 26XX and going for AOS) and as long as you meet all the criteria and interview well, its pretty much a sure thing. I'm just a little nervous at the rate number progression for Oceania as I'm sure most others in my situation are.

Any thoughts?

Yes there have been cases where quotas have been reached in the past, BUT it is almost certain to happen this year. Your lawyer is incorrect.

To explain: In a normal DV year they have been selecting around 105,000 winners. From that they have been slightly underfilling the global quota (55,000 less up to 5,000 for NACARA). When we got our selection letters the letters mentioned 125,000 winners but when they actually published the selectee counts they updated that number to 140,000 and stated that the increase was to ensure they filled the quota - in other words they have selected MORE than they need. Some people will miss out, for sure.

The question is, where will the axe fall in the various regions. A region goes current when there are sufficient visas available to fill the remaining demand. Last year and in several other years most regions were current for the last month or two. Ignore 2012 because it was an anomoly. You can see a list of EU,AF and OC regions at this link that shows historical cutoffs. You can see some years where cutoffs were still in place at the end of the year. I think this year will look like that:-

http://www.dv-info.site40.net/

So this year they increased the global winners by about 35% to address a shortfall problem that has been around 5 to 10%. For OC they doubled the number of selectees. I, like Sloner Claus, think that may reflect an increase in quota for OC but we don't know that for sure - and realistically it is hard to imagine all 4100 selectees getting interviews. Very hard.

Your number is within the risky range. If you get current, it will only be in the last month, perhaps two, of the year. Doing AOS at that time is riskier than CP. If you haven't completed the process by Sept 30 it is game over. So you should be checking on the AOS thread (link below) to see processing experiences at your Field Office. You might want to reduce your risk by electing CP - but you can afford to wait another couple of visa bulletins to make that decision.

By the way, you don't need a lawyer to do AOS (or CP) - especially one that tells you things that are blatantly untrue.

AOS thread - http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557035-DV-2014-AOS-Only

Britsimon, if my understanding of the timeline is correct, the September cut-off will be announced in the July bulletin (which announces the August cut-off and also the September). Do you know if they continue to accept forms for processing thereafter, or do they use how many forms they've received at that point to determine visa demand and hence the August and September cut-off points?