• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Confirmation

Just wondering about the KCC confirmation email.

My application was sent to KCC and post tracking shows it was received mid May, am yet to receive confirmation from KCC. Has anyone possibly found their confirmation in spam, or still waiting?

Cheers

Just wondering about the KCC confirmation email.

My application was sent to KCC and post tracking shows it was received mid May, am yet to receive confirmation from KCC. Has anyone possibly found their confirmation in spam, or still waiting?

Cheers

Hey,
I contacted the KCC and asked:

"Case Number: 2014OC00001***

Name: GAVIN, ******* ******
DOB: 10******

Hey,
I sent the two forms and the passport photo required for scheduling an interview time for the next step of the Diversity Visa application roughly a month ago and am wondering if these have arrived yet.

Thanks,
Hamish Gavin."

and got the reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of August to locate the current numbers being processed."

So perhaps you have to email them for a confirmation.

Just wondering, when it comes time for our interview, will the KCC email us when it is scheduled, or will we just check the DV website to see if the original processing message has been replaced with one about an interview time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, James! :D Being in the same situation myself (only we're stuck in different countries), I can understand how elated you must be. We're not in a position to marry yet, so I'm continuing with the GC until/unless that changes between now and then. Good to know we've got another option if the GC falls through, though!

...So perhaps you have to email them for a confirmation.

Just wondering, when it comes time for our interview, will the KCC email us when it is scheduled, or will we just check the DV website to see if the original processing message has been replaced with one about an interview time?

KCC doesn't send confirmations and I found any emails from them to be barely helpful, if at all. They seem to just send out stock standard paragraphs in reply to what they reckon your question was and it's usually not anything you haven't read already.

The first "confirmation" you get is the postal tracking app telling you it was delivered to KCC. After that, you're in the dark, sitting around wondering if your forms have been overlooked or accidentally filed in the bin. Unless you ring them about 4-6 weeks later to check because it can take that long for your forms to get there and for somebody to go through the pile of thousands to get to yours.

When it comes time for your interview, about 2 or 3 days after the Visa Bulletin states your case number is current (in the Advance Notification section), you will get an email from 'noreply @ state . gov' with the subject 'Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission'. That's basically telling you to go online to the ESC where you will find notification of your interview. If you don't get that email within a couple of days, go online to ESC anyway. So nothing happens between KCC getting your forms and your interview being scheduled and it's a long, long, stressful wait for many.

Good luck!

Thanks for your kind words everyone!! :)

Another update for me (maybe useful for those doing AOS)... I had my medical with the civil surgeon on Saturday and picked up my sealed report (which I also got a copy of) on Tuesday. The doctor spent no more than 20 seconds with me, and cleared me!!! I was preparing myself to be grilled by the doctor! I'm so shocked how easy it was, he barely looked at me! Checked mouth, ears, heart beat, neck glands, that was it, see you later and good luck.

Congratulations, James! :D Being in the same situation myself (only we're stuck in different countries), I can understand how elated you must be. We're not in a position to marry yet, so I'm continuing with the GC until/unless that changes between now and then. Good to know we've got another option if the GC falls through, though!

Thanks Smeggs, good to see other binationals on this forum! DV was my back-up plan if DOMA wasn't struck down... In hindsight, I was incredibly lucky to have won, feels a shame to give up my winning! DV is probably easier and quicker for you, since you are both outside the US? Keep me updated how your journey goes. I'm still walking on air now that DOMA is gone, its so life-changing for people in my situation :)

Anyways, sorry to get off-topic... I just enjoy the comradery of fellow Aussies!

Interview date

Hi...I am a DV-2014 winner as well and case number is 2014OC0000****(in between 1800-1999).

When do you think the interview shall be scheduled???....in panic....

Hi...I am a DV-2014 winner as well and case number is 2014OC0000****(in between 1800-1999).

When do you think the interview shall be scheduled???....in panic....

Why would you be in a panic? Relax. You were lucky enough to get selected and the only thing to do after sending in your forms is carry on with your life while you wait for your number to become current. Panicking isn't going to make it go faster or give you a interview prediction.

As far as when your interview will be, I don't think anyone can give you a correct timeframe now. It's very different for DV2014, with the higher number of selectees so it's much harder to guess. Even me, with DV2013, when I looked at the previous 12 years (excluding DV2012), all I could guess was February or March with January or April a possibility. We'll have to see how the first few months of current case numbers for DV2014 move along to start getting an idea. All the number crunching and guessing in other threads seems to have only made some people depressed or angry. Let it go for now. All the best!

Yes it is quite depressing seeing people try and sell their negativity as if what they have come up with is the be all and end all. One member in particular is suggesting that people above certain numbers not even send their forms in to the KCC, surely thats not right.

All the number crunching and guessing in other threads seems to have only made some people depressed or angry. Let it go for now. All the best!

+2

Sometimes I think its best to stay away from those threads where everyone is trying to work out if they'll be current in time. It's all guessing. For me, it got to a point where I was too overcome with worry, I just had to switch off from those threads.

Yes it is quite depressing seeing people try and sell their negativity as if what they have come up with is the be all and end all. One member in particular is suggesting that people above certain numbers not even send their forms in to the KCC, surely thats not right.

I just hope that such toxicity and negative people do not pollute our beloved and civil Australian thread...

For those Aussies and other Oceania members over 2000 that may have read raevsky comments about not sending your forms in if your are over the oc000002000 mark please
do not listen to him.

For those Aussies and other Oceania members over 2000 that may have read raevsky comments about not sending your forms in if your are over the oc000002000 mark please
do not listen to him.

That isn't good advice either. For some people there is a downside of showing intent to immigrate (as you will through submitting the DV forms). People should understand the issues and the consequences and make a sensible informed decision...

If I understand well, unless you'd come later in the US under a H1, L1 or O1 visa (dual intent clause), sending the forms to KCC shows immigration intent which is incompatible with other temporary, non-immigrant visas like B1 or B2 (tourist/business) visas. You may be denied entry at your next visit to the US. Not cool, as the immigration officers don't seem very pleasant people to deal with. Aussies are under the visa waiver program (VWP). Does this issue exist also for these VWP?

The ESTA questions do not have any single question about immigrant petitions ever filed or approved for the applicant or about application for immigrant visas filed
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/esta2008_howto_001.pdf
Also, I was not able to find any restrictions for ESTA regarding immigrant intent in general - on lawyer's websites. However, you need to have an intention to return from this particular trip on time.
All this hints to me that sending forms to KCC would not affect your ESTA much. But I am not 100% sure.

Yes, I believe this immigration intent is a tricky issue even for DOS and Customs Border Patrol officers. I believe they look at it on a case by case basis. You are right when you say that, by law, an immigration officer could deny your entry if there is even a small single proof of immigration intent, such as sending forms to KCC. We may even wonder if applying for the lottery shows in theory you'd like to immigrate to the US of A. They dont have these records in their database though, so it is remote they would deny your entry just because you played. And someone else could have put your name in an entry without your consent.

If you show at the Port of Entry you have a return ticket, keep ties to your country of residence, they should not deny you even if you sent forms to KCC. But, if you are single, jobless, no return plane ticket, intend to stay for the 3 months of the validity of your visa, this is gonna raise a flag. And that may not be easy to convince the CBP officer to let you in. Sending the forms to KCC is something to consider seriously, but if you have really the will and ability to reside in the US, I'll do it. Otherwise, it is best to pass.

Anyway, in order to study in the US Australians need student visas like F-1 or J-1 (it would be a more difficult task to get those after sending forms to KCC)
Denial rate of EAST is very low ( http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11335.pdf less than 0.5%), and you only need to apply for B visa if ESTA is denied.

The document listed in the previous post lists the following requirement:
if entering by land, have proof of financial solvency and a domicile abroad to which they intend to return.
There is no requirement like that if you travel by sea or air though. So, Australians are pretty much safe going by ESTA to US after sending forms to KCC if going from Australia directly, not though Canada or Mexico.

Thanks for your kind words everyone!! :)
Thanks Smeggs, good to see other binationals on this forum! DV was my back-up plan if DOMA wasn't struck down... In hindsight, I was incredibly lucky to have won, feels a shame to give up my winning! DV is probably easier and quicker for you, since you are both outside the US? Keep me updated how your journey goes. I'm still walking on air now that DOMA is gone, its so life-changing for people in my situation :)

Anyways, sorry to get off-topic... I just enjoy the comradery of fellow Aussies!

No, my partner is in the US and I am in Australia...it's been a very long wait to this point, but we'll get there eventually! :)