2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

Today my interview passed and received oath letter scheduled on June 13. See my signature.

The interview process was quite smooth and nice. My interview was scheduled at 8:30 am and I got there around 8, then went through security check. I was called in about 8:30 and swore in. The interviewer was nice and professional. Questions on N 400 and civics test with no problem. At the end, she said I passed and approved, and then gave me the oath letter.

The interview time took about 10 minutes, and done.

Congrats!

I have taken three trips outside US since I became permanent resident, most recent trip was 5.5 years ago and I have never taken any single trips outside US last 5.5 years but still wondering if those over 6 months but less than 1 year trips will cause an issue.
I will bring all of my school documents such as transcript, diploma, degrees from original country to present at interview.

Our letters came today giving us the date of June 20th for our interviews. I'm pleased we have a date only one slight draw back we are on vacation in Sanibel that week. We shall have to interrupt our holiday and drive up to Orlando but no big deal. I do not want to try to reschedule knowing that it would put us back. Still hoping to be a citizen before July 4th. I am thankful that they are keeping my wife and me on the same track so far.

02/21/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
02/25/13: N-400 Application delivered
03/01/13: uscis cashed check
03/07/13: FP notice recd
03/18/13: FP Done in Orlando
03/22/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
05/13/13 : YL arrived
05/14/13: Interview Scheduled email.
05/20/:13 Interview Schedule letter for June 20th
XX/XX/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

My journey has come to an end, I am a US citizen as of today. The ceremony was moving: 1400+ people from 101 countries took the oath together!
Everything that day was simple; all that I needed there were the oath letter and the greencard.
(I ended up not applying for a passport there, after the swearing in, the line to drop your passport application was very long)

Good bye to the group and good luck on your last steps!

2/01/13: N-400 delivered (Phoenix)
2/06/13: Check cashed (shows up in checking account with one day delay in my case)
2/11/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/01/13 )
2/11/13: FP notice recd
2/13/13: FP walk in done.
2/20/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
3/11/13: Scheduled for interview
4/19/13: Interview appointment (recommended for approval)
5/06/13: Status changed from "Testing" to "Oath Scheduled"
5/07/13: Oath letter received
5/21/13: Oath ceremony

yesterday attended the oath ceremony @ LACC. There were around 3900 applicants. today applied for the passport. good luck.

Congratulations!

Where did you apply for passport? How is about the lead time? What documents do you need to apply for passport? I'll take my oath on June 13 and plan to travel around July 20, not sure if I have enough time.

Thanks

yesterday attended the oath ceremony @ LACC. There were around 3900 applicants. today applied for the passport. good luck.

I tried getting the appointment @ USPS. But most of the USPS in my area were already booked until Jun 4/5. Most of the USPS in my area don't accept walk-in and the one accepts always have a wait time of 1 hr or so.
I looked at the DOS site the approved locations to apply for the passport,found out that UCI has a passport office too and it's walk-in. Checked reviews and found to be very efficient. I went in the morning around 8:35am, there was a lady at the UCI passport counter, gave her the pre-filled online form, naturalized certificate, 1 passport pictures, copy of the DL(front and back on the same page) and the required fees. I was out in 5 minutes. She gave me the receipt and that's it.

Congratulations!

Where did you apply for passport? How is about the lead time? What documents do you need to apply for passport? I'll take my oath on June 13 and plan to travel around July 20, not sure if I have enough time.

Thanks

Recommended for Approval;

Went to the Los Angeles, USCIS building, 8th floor this morning 1 hour before the interview time, I was told by security to wait in waiting room for 30 mins then bring the interview letter which I did, my name was called 25 mins before the interview time and someone had my folder told me to come 6th floor, he said today is very busy and they have to interview me at 6th floor.
I was called for interview right after stepped to floor 6 like 20 mins before the scheduled time.
Interview officer seemed very cool guy, we were joking while walking to his room, I told him to approve asap because I was hungry and wanted to go lunch.
went to his office, entire interview was super easy, he handed me a paper with 10 questions, asked me to give answers, I start with question 1 but he was very busy with computer and didnt tell me to stop at 6, so I answered all 10, (questions are below)
interview took maybe 10 minutes, requested a name change, he said he is going to recommend me for approval and I should receive oath letter withing 10 days, he said oath should be June 26th for me,
Didnt ask any tax docs, school docs or anything, only passport, greencard, driver license, SSS registration card.

What does the President’s Cabinet do?
How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
What did the Declaration of Independence do?
How many U.S. Senators are there?
If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
Name one branch or part of the government
When do we celebrate Independence Day?
Name the U.S. war between the North and the South
What does the Constitution do?
What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?

And he asked me to write;
Columbus day is on October

Thanks for the info. How long will it take to receive your passport?

I tried getting the appointment @ USPS. But most of the USPS in my area were already booked until Jun 4/5. Most of the USPS in my area don't accept walk-in and the one accepts always have a wait time of 1 hr or so.
I looked at the DOS site the approved locations to apply for the passport,found out that UCI has a passport office too and it's walk-in. Checked reviews and found to be very efficient. I went in the morning around 8:35am, there was a lady at the UCI passport counter, gave her the pre-filled online form, naturalized certificate, 1 passport pictures, copy of the DL(front and back on the same page) and the required fees. I was out in 5 minutes. She gave me the receipt and that's it.

Thanks for the info. How long will it take to receive your passport?

I basically drove straight from my Oath ceremony to the County Clerks office to drop off my ppt application. The lady mentioned, normal processing is about 4-6 weeks and they seem to be closer to 4 weeks right now...