2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

Update: Got email notification that Oath letter was mailed :)

AMat, good to hear about happy ending, congrats. Let us know when you know about your oath date/location.
Will do... Good Luck with your appointment. If it helps, there were 3 other interviewees while I waited for mine, and they all came out smiling in 15-20 mins. So as long as you have a clean application, know the history/civics questions, it should be pretty straight forward. All she asked me was for my PP (old ones as well) and GC

Congrats to:
AMat, irvine2000, Prowin, janette, workonnet1, five, labrea, harish7, HossainA, xyr888, forumsub, New400, CIT12, GCcomesoon, ydm, naveedhuq

For getting past "Inline for interview scheduling......" and beyond.

In another 3 days it will be 60 days since the last LUD.

Please pray for me guys!

-Still

Don't worry StillPatient, soon you will get the email too.

Good luck!

Congrats to:
AMat, irvine2000, Prowin, janette, workonnet1, five, labrea, harish7, HossainA, xyr888, forumsub, New400, CIT12, GCcomesoon, ydm, naveedhuq

For getting past "Inline for interview scheduling......" and beyond.

In another 3 days it will be 60 days since the last LUD.

Please pray for me guys!

-Still

Thanks, Good luck to you.

thanks for the info, that was quick about oath - good luck.

I and my spouse have clean application/records. Spouse requested last name change, that's all.

Not sure if this is current or old info about Dayton, OH Oath ceremony dates as next date is listed May 25th, which is Saturday.

http://lwvdayton.org/naturalization.htm

Update: Got email notification that Oath letter was mailed :)

Will do... Good Luck with your appointment. If it helps, there were 3 other interviewees while I waited for mine, and they all came out smiling in 15-20 mins. So as long as you have a clean application, know the history/civics questions, it should be pretty straight forward. All she asked me was for my PP (old ones as well) and GC

Last edited by a moderator:
My Interview Update

New update -

2/18/13 : N-400 mailed to Dallas Texas
03/05/13: NOA received
03/05/13: FP notice received
03/07/13: FP done(Walk In) Very Professional/Nice Lady did mine.
03/14/13: In line for interview scheduling
04/03/13: Interview scheduled
05/09/13: Interview done
05/09/13: Oath scheduling queue
05/09/13: Oath letter received
05/30/13: Oath Ceremony
/ / /: Applied for Passport
/ / /: Received Passport

My interview went well - I must have been very lucky because this particular officer I was told is always by the book but he breezed through my application/interview within minutes with nothing but smiles.
Scheduled at 02:25pm on 05/09- I arrived around 1:30 so as not to be under any pressure or sweating.
I went through security and checked in at the front desk and sat in the lobby waiting to be called.
Around 02:50pm, I was called into the office by the officer, took the interview oath. He asked for my passport and nothing else. Not even my Id. He looked at the N400 form and asked me few questions on most of the information on the application.
"Do you live by yourself" I answered NO, with my wife and then he followed up with What is your wifes birthday and how old is she ? Have you ever travelled outside US lately ? Why do you want to be a US citizen ? I answered all those questions and then we went to the test.
1. What is an amendment ? I went blank because I was so nervous but the officer said he was not surprise that most applicants tend to have issues with the first question and he said we will come back to that later if needed.
2. How many Amendments does the constitution have ?
3. 2 rights in the declaration of independence ?
4. What is the capital of my state ?
5. Who vetoes laws ?
6. Who is the father of our country ?
7. How many U.S. senators are there ?
The officer said, you see- we dont even need the first question anymore- You passed the test
He then asked me to write " Indepence day is July 4th"
Then asked me to read " The statue of Liberty is in Washington DC.
He finally said, I have passed the test and he will go ahead and recommend me for approval. Stamped my File with the Approval stamp and signed it. He then told me to wait in the lobby for my oath letter. After about 30 mins wait, a lady called my name and gave me a oath for 05/30 at 2pm. All I need now is just to stay out of trouble or speeding ticket before my oath and in the future.
That is my story- For those of you still in the process, be patient-your time will come and Goodluck. This forum have been very helpful.

And another update... Rec'd the Oath Letter...scheduled in a couple of weeks. I am seriously impressed and thankful to the Cincinnati DO for their promptness...

rpanwar: The oath is scheduled at US District Court of Southern Ohio

Good Luck for the oath on 5/24.

Thanks for the update. That is really impressive, letter delivered within a day.

And another update... Rec'd the Oath Letter...scheduled in a couple of weeks. I am seriously impressed and thankful to the Cincinnati DO for their promptness...

rpanwar: The oath is scheduled at US District Court of Southern Ohio

Thanks. I guess it's about 4weeks after that for the interview. So I'm looking at about 6weeks.
I was kinda hoping to be done by July 4th.
02/21/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
02/25/13: N-400 Application delivered
03/01/13: uscis cashed check
03/07/13: FP notice recd
03/18/13: FP Done in Orlando
03/22/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
05/13/13 : YL arrived
XX/XX/13: Interview Scheduled
XX/XX/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

02/21/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
02/25/13: N-400 Application delivered
03/01/13: uscis cashed check
03/07/13: FP notice recd
03/18/13: FP Done in Orlando
03/22/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
05/13/13 : YL arrived
05/14/13: Interview Scheduled
XX/XX/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Got text to say we are scheduled for interview. I guess we will get a letter soon. Got to wonder if my info pass visit speeded things up. Getting excited now and a little nervous.

Today my interview passed and received oath letter scheduled on June 13. See my signature.

The interview process was quite smooth and nice. My interview was scheduled at 8:30 am and I got there around 8, then went through security check. I was called in about 8:30 and swore in. The interviewer was nice and professional. Questions on N 400 and civics test with no problem. At the end, she said I passed and approved, and then gave me the oath letter.

The interview time took about 10 minutes, and done.

Passed the test, oath will be in Dayton hopefully in June, 2013. Letter will be mailed within 2 weeks.

Application Support Center: Cincinnati, OH
3/07/13: PD
3/29/13: FP Done
4/02/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
4/09/13: Interview Scheduled
5/16/13: Interview Date / Passed