2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

As per the officer, if it's scheduled this month then it should be in LA. But from June onwards it will be in Anaheim. Lets see what the letter says?

A status update!

2/01/13: N-400 delivered (Phoenix)
2/06/13: Check cashed (shows up in checking account with one day delay in my case)
2/11/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/01/13 )
2/11/13: FP notice recd
2/13/13: FP walk in done.
2/20/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
3/11/13: Scheduled for interview
4/19/13: Interview appointment (recommended for approval)
5/06/13: Status changed from "Testing" to "Oath Scheduled"
5/08/13: Oath letter received (*)
5/21/13: Oath ceremony (*)

(*) these are in the future, but pretty certain.

Congratulations five
By the way, do you know how to search for the oath dates at the district offices ?

My interview was scheduled early in the morning @ 7:50am. Reached there around 7:35am. After parking the car, as soon as I entered in the building, were sent back to put the Cell phone back in the car since it has a camera. After the security clearance, as instructed, put the interview letter in the tray at one of the windows. There were around 20+ people sitting in the lobby and I observed that around 10+ examiners were there to take interviews. Every time a name is called, I saw a different examiner. After around 10-12 calls, my name was called by a very courteous officer, I think it was around 8:10am.
We greeted each other and he asked me to follow him. No discussion in the lobby. As soon as we entered in the room, he asked me to please raise your hand to tell the truth etc...
After sitting, he asked me for my GC,DL and PP then he opened my file and starting reviewing my application and asked questions to confirm my details like DOB, address, previous and current jobs. Asked about the trips I took, then discussed all of the traffic tickets I got and the reason. Then moved on to the other Yes/No questions ..... Didn't ask for any document though I was carrying almost everything. Asked me to sign at two places on the last page of the N400 form. Then he moved on to the test part. Asked the following questions:

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
What are the two major political parties in the United States?*
There were 13 original states. Name three.
Name one state that borders Mexico.
What is an amendment?

I answered all of them correctly then he moved on to the reading and writing part. Then he congratulated me that you have passed the government test and he's recommending me for the approval.
He explained the oath etc.. Then he handed me over the N652 recommended for approval letter and while going out, he stopped by at the copy machine to make the copies of my DL,GC and PP. Once again he congratulated and came with me to show the exit door. I think I was out around 8:25am or so. Overall everything went well and the officer was very professional and courteous.

Also one point many people here mentioned that they received YL because they had marked Q16 as 'Yes'. In my case as well, it was 'Yes' and I didn't receive any YL. But I specifically mentioned in each of the tickets outcome as 'NO ARREST,CITED,PAID FINE'. I am not sure by saying 'NO ARREST' helped or not but thought I should share here.

Thank you irvine2000 for sharing your experience
My interview is Friday- hope mine can go as smoothly as yours too.

Congratulations five
By the way, do you know how to search for the oath dates at the district offices ?

Thank you.
Here is the strategy I recommend to find out about future oath dates:
- Find out the LOCATION where your oath will take place (Is it in the district office? Is it somewhere else?)
- Locate the Web site of this LOCATION
- Do Google searches combining the term of LOCATION plus stuff like USCIS events schedule etc until you find it.

Thank you.
Here is the strategy I recommend to find out about future oath dates:
- Find out the LOCATION where your oath will take place (Is it in the district office? Is it somewhere else?)
- Locate the Web site of this LOCATION
- Do Google searches combining the term of LOCATION plus stuff like USCIS events schedule etc until you find it.

Thanks, five

South Florida OATH schedule for May 2013:

Oakland Park Field office - May 31
Miami Field office - May 23 & 30
Hialeah Field office - May 10; 15; 16; 17; 21; 22 & 23

I will keep checking this site, maybe they will post June schedule too. I think many of us will have oath in June-July (hopefully) ;)

http://www.cnweeklynews.com/immigration/74-immigration/4754-immigration-reform-bill-stays-on-track-

Hialeah field office promises the same day oath right after interview (I guess it's only in May). And starting from May there will be new ID verification procedure at all local field offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Janette,
Can I use this site to find out one about Charleston ?

Thanks, five

South Florida OATH schedule for May 2013:

Oakland Park Field office - May 31
Miami Field office - May 23 & 30
Hialeah Field office - May 10; 15; 16; 17; 21; 22 & 23

I will keep checking this site, maybe they will post June schedule too. I think many of us will have oath in June-July (hopefully) ;)

http://www.cnweeklynews.com/immigration/74-immigration/4754-immigration-reform-bill-stays-on-track-

Hialeah field office promises the same day oath right after interview (I guess it's only in May). And starting from May there will be new ID verification procedure at all local field offices.

Janette,
Can I use this site to find out one about Charleston ?

I really don't know anything about this website.. I think you should try the method what five suggested and what I used to find about oath schedules.

Update

Interview scheduled

02/14/13 (0): N-400 mailed (Dallas, TX)
02/18/13 (4): Delivered
02/22/13 (8): Check cashed & Email (case number)
02/27/13 (13): Email (FP)
02/28/13 (14): NOA received
03/02/13 (16): FP notice received
03/11/13 (25): FP done
03/21/13 (35): In line for interview scheduling
04/19/13 (64): YL
05/08/13 (83): Interview scheduled

Cincinnati Oath Info

AMat, how was your interview and outcome?

Any info about your oath, date/location?

AMat, good luck for your interview, after the interview please share your experience.

I am scheduled for interview in Cincinnati on May 16th.

AMat, how was your interview and outcome?

Any info about your oath, date/location?

Was very interesting, but went well... Had my appt at 2:30. Was there at about 2:10 and gave my letter to the person at the window.... At about 3:30 went back to the counter (realizing I was the only one left in the room) to ask if they forgot abt me. The guy goes back to check and comes back in 10 mins saying there was a mix up and they missed me. The I/O was going to leave in 10 mins so they would have to reschedule... I was disappointed but did not show any frustration... the guy goes back to get a new time and comes back in a couple mins saying that another officer would interview me instead.
They call me in at about 3:50... All the standard procudures as mentioned above and I was out in 10 mins. She said she woul recommend me for Appoval. She mentioned that they usually have an Oath ceremony atleast once a month but was not sure of when the next date was... so will have to wait for that. Overall a very pleasant experience once I was called in :)

As for the Oath location, she mentioned that the usual location is the courthouse but they do additional special sessions at local schools/colleges throughout the year. She was not sure which I would get

Congrats to:
AMat, irvine2000, Prowin, janette, workonnet1, five, labrea, harish7, HossainA, xyr888, forumsub, New400, CIT12, GCcomesoon, ydm, naveedhuq

For getting past "Inline for interview scheduling......" and beyond.

In another 3 days it will be 60 days since the last LUD.

Please pray for me guys!

-Still

Congrats to:
AMat, irvine2000, Prowin, janette, workonnet1, five, labrea, harish7, HossainA, xyr888, forumsub, New400, CIT12, GCcomesoon, ydm, naveedhuq

For getting past "Inline for interview scheduling......" and beyond.

In another 3 days it will be 60 days since the last LUD.

Please pray for me guys!

-Still

I received Interview letter two weeks after Yellow letter. You should have it soon!!

AMat, good to hear about happy ending, congrats. Let us know when you know about your oath date/location.

Was very interesting, but went well... Had my appt at 2:30. Was there at about 2:10 and gave my letter to the person at the window.... At about 3:30 went back to the counter (realizing I was the only one left in the room) to ask if they forgot abt me. The guy goes back to check and comes back in 10 mins saying there was a mix up and they missed me. The I/O was going to leave in 10 mins so they would have to reschedule... I was disappointed but did not show any frustration... the guy goes back to get a new time and comes back in a couple mins saying that another officer would interview me instead.
They call me in at about 3:50... All the standard procudures as mentioned above and I was out in 10 mins. She said she woul recommend me for Appoval. She mentioned that they usually have an Oath ceremony atleast once a month but was not sure of when the next date was... so will have to wait for that. Overall a very pleasant experience once I was called in :)

As for the Oath location, she mentioned that the usual location is the courthouse but they do additional special sessions at local schools/colleges throughout the year. She was not sure which I would get