2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

AMat, good luck for your interview, after the interview please share your experience.

I am scheduled for interview in Cincinnati on May 16th.

Application Support Center: Cincinnati, OH
3/07/13: PD
3/29/13: FP Done
4/02/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
4/09/13: Interview Scheduled
5/16/13: Interview Date

Received YL to bring original document. Not ID or driver license, but another one. I sent them original.. :confused:

Received YL too, asking to bring DL and arrest records and court dispositions because I indicated I've been arrested :confused: (checked Q 16 due to speeding citation which I detailed afterward).

Any relationship between receiving YL and interview to be scheduled soon? Thanks!

Forumsub, when you received info about your interview date? How long after YL? We are trying to figure out , how long after YL we will have interview scheduled.. Thanks :)

Forumsub, when you received info about your interview date? How long after YL? We are trying to figure out , how long after YL we will have interview scheduled.. Thanks :)

I got my interview scheduled email just a day after received YL, see my timeline

Same here, received YL foe me and kid, but not for wife. All of us have receive interview letters, how important is the YL?

USCIS works in mysterious ways! :)

Personally, I'm not too worried about the YL... eagerly waiting for either (or both) - 1) In line for Interview scheduling 2) Interview Scheduled emails...

Last edited by a moderator:
2/01/13: N-400 delivered (Phoenix)
2/06/13: Check cashed (shows up in checking account with one day delay in my case)
2/11/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/01/13 )
2/11/13: FP notice recd
2/13/13: FP walk in done.
2/20/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
3/11/13: Scheduled for interview
4/19/13: Interview appointment (recommended for approval)

2/01/13: N-400 delivered (Phoenix)
2/06/13: Check cashed (shows up in checking account with one day delay in my case)
2/11/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/01/13 )
2/11/13: FP notice recd
2/13/13: FP walk in done.
2/20/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
3/11/13: Scheduled for interview
4/19/13: Interview appointment (recommended for approval)

Congrats.
Do you mind sharing your interview experience with us?

five is cheating, he sent out in January ;) i'm just jealous...!! Pls share your experience! Have you received Yellow letter to bring documents?

five is cheating, he sent out in January ;) i'm just jealous...!! Pls share your experience! Have you received Yellow letter to bring documents?

I thought about whether to use the January or February tracker. In January, not a single person from USCIS has touched my application, why should I go for January? After all, this thread should not be about choosing a carrier service (USPS or Fedex) and what type of service somebody is willing to pay for (pay for overnight or regular). It should start with delivered / i.e. Priority Date.

Yes, I received the YL for DL.

Except the documentation asked for, I did bring very little to the interview (i.e. no cellphone). I was called in maybe 15 minutes after my official appointment time. It was all fairly standard:
sworn in, hand over passports, greencard and whatever is asked in the YL. Pass the English and Civics test. Sign the photographs. Then the lady who interviewed me went over my application form, asked about some of the items explicitly. Then she asked for copies / or would have made copies of the originals.

I think all of the people on this forum will be well prepared and there is generally no need to worry. However, a lot of applicants seem to have some special circumstances which are not out of the box which are worthwhile to think about beforehand.

In my case, I was confused as to what to do about parking violations and a moving violation. I read some contradicting information on this: some say it doesn't need to be mentioned unless it is carrying a fine of $500 or more. Others say every tickets needs to be listed. I actually still am not 100% sure what the best thing to do is; I ended up not putting any of these into my application form. But then under oath, towards the end of the interview I specifically brought these violations up to the lady. She wasn't interested in the parking ones. For the moving one, she wanted to know when and where it occurred and wanted confirmation that this was not a DUI and that nobody got injured. I was able to confirm this and got the recommendation for approval.

The whole interview lasted maybe 20 minutes, the lady was very professional and the whole thing was a relatively pleasant experience.

Only shame is that this office doesn't give out the oath letter right away, and the times for turning a recommendation into an approval seem to vary widely.

Good luck and don't sweat too much about the interview.

Congrats five - Let us know when you get your final approval/oath date.
By the way, did you take all your originals to the interview and can you remember some of the questions asked out of the 100 ?

Congrats five - Let us know when you get your final approval/oath date.
By the way, did you take all your originals to the interview and can you remember some of the questions asked out of the 100 ?

Yes, you must have the original documents for:
- the standard documents (for most of us, passports and greencard)
- whatever is asked in any Yellow Letter you got.

Yes, I can remember some of the questions. But I think USCs should know all of them; so just learn them, it's not that hard.

Received the interview scheduled email for self... nothing yet for DW who also didn't receive the YL... Hoping that we both get our respective interview letters next week... fingers crossed!