• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 Visa bulletin predictions

Numbers in October's bulletin are exactly what I was expecting.

On the Visa Bulletin website it says November's bulletin is coming soon. Is that a mistake? I thought it won't be out until early October.

Well.. Visa bulletin came out earlier than I was expecting, which is good. EU numbers added 2400, which is slightly less than last year but overall is pretty average number. I think we are on the right track. I believe that numbers will keep adding between 1900 and 3000 every month just like they did during last three years. I sure hope that I am right and all EU numbers will become current in July or so. I expect my number (EU26***) to become current between May and June.

It's not a mistake but they have changed the format of the VB. In the past it only ever read "coming soon" for the first week or so of each month.

Well... It looks like DV visa number range is consistent with previous years, with the exception of AS region, where higher than usual case numbers are present. I wonder if this has anything to do with higher number of applicants this year which is almost 15MM vs. 12MM last year. As a matter of fact this DV lottery has seen the highest number of applicants since 2007. I am waiting to see October visa bulletin to compare it to last year.

Visa bulletin for october , 2011 has been released. Below are the CN range that will be current for each region in November;
Africa - 13000
Asia. - 10000
Europe - 11000
Pls visit the visit the visa bulletin website for more information.

Visa bulletin for october , 2011 has been released. Below are the CN range that will be current for each region in November;
Africa - 13000
Asia. - 10000
Europe - 11000
Pls visit the visit the visa bulletin website for more information.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

Except:
Egypt 8,000
Ethiopia 10,000
Nigeria 10,000

AFRICA

ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA***************
(BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA,and the CARIBBEAN

I don't understand how it works...
Asia 8,000 for oct
Asia 10,000 for nov
Is that mean I will be current after 26 months!!!!!

hmmm EU 11,000, a little lower than I expected.. BUT i still don't think this number tells us much anything as they haven't started 2012 interviews yet. i sure hope their quota for EU isn't lower this year than last. it shouldn't be judging by ASIA number but AFRICA is higher than last which makes me think maybe they upped their Africa quota once again...

I am not surprised. This was an average increase consistent with last year(s) averages. Like I said in the past we need to wait for November or better yet December bulletin to see if numbers will progress according past three years scenario.