2012 February N-400 Tracker

Update - my son's interview

My son had his interview today at 9:00 am at St. Louis DO. We came at 8:35 am, and he was called in at about 8:45-8:50 am, earlier than expected. I was waiting for him in the waiting room. In about just 10 minutes he came out smiling. The interview went very well, nothing difficult at all, pretty standard. 6 civic questions, reading and writing something at the 1-st grade level. The IO asked basic questions on his application, asked for documents - DL, passports, GC, and his Selective Service card. My son says that only one thing was tricky - the IO asked him to spell his middle name, which is long and difficult for spelling with some kind of possible English-spelling ambiguity due to transliteration. In our home country this is always a derivative from the father's name, and my son actually has never been using it. When he tried to spell it, he made a mistake at first. The IO was pretty nice to him, and allowed for a second attempt, and then he did it correctly. So he got a form that says that he passed the test and is recommended for naturalization approval.

"went straight to the oath"? Isn't oath a separate process or did yours happen the same day as interview?

Chivigon means the oath to tell the truth, sworn before the interview begins. :)
Before the interview, you must promise to tell the truth about the answers you will give during the interview. This is known as "taking an oath"

The oath ceremony, where you actually become a US citizen, happens later. In some DO's it happens the same day, but this is not too common.

Chivigon means the oath to tell the truth, sworn before the interview begins. :)
Before the interview, you must promise to tell the truth about the answers you will give during the interview. This is known as "taking an oath"

The oath ceremony, where you actually become a US citizen, happens later. In some DO's it happens the same day, but this is not too common.

many thanks.

I got my oath invitation letter in the mail today.

My status is currently, you are in queue for oath. Will it change to oath letter set or something or it means that they have already sent me oath letter?

Did you have two status or only one?
Vivek

My status is currently, you are in queue for oath. Will it change to oath letter set or something or it means that they have already sent me oath letter?

Did you have two status or only one?
Vivek

You should get a status update to "oath ceremony scheduled". The letter should follow in 2-3 days after that.

FP notification

Did you guys receive an email notification that the Finger Print letter was being issued? or did you just receive the letter in the mail?
Txs

I also passed my interview today. It started exactly on time (1:30 pm). The officer (middle-aged lady) was very nice and friendly. I liked that when I came 30' prior the interview, she called out another person, but also called my name and said, "You would be the next". When my turn came, she let me in, asked to raise my hand and swear to say truth. Then the test came. Reading: How many Senators are there in the U.S.? Writing: There are one hundred Senators in the U.S.
American history & Civics questions were the following.
1) What is the name of the National Anthem?
2) What is the "rule of law"?
3) What ocean is on the West Coast of the US?
4) Why there are 13 stripes on the US flag?
5) How old citizens have to be to vote for President?
6) What major event happened on September 11?
(I do not remember exactly the order of the questions).
Then the IO went through the N-400 questions, focusing on spelling of my middle name, asking questions about my work and professional membership (I showed her all my membership cards and briefly described each society I have been a member& an officer of), then she asked me about my ex-husband - I told that he had never had been in the US. She asked me about my son, and since I said I had always been working long hours, she asked who had been taking care of him (myself, who else???) After that she asked standard yes/no questions, asked me to sign the document, and then recommended for approval. All interview lasted 20'.