2012 February N-400 Tracker

From his schedule it sounds like Bay Area. For many of my friends entire thing took less than 3 months. After all hoops with visas and GC I was pleasantly surprised with USCIS speed. Dude, you're in the wrong state. Just kidding. :p Good luck with your process.

I have also noticed that people who applied for naturalization at (5 years-3 months) go through the process for longer time than those who fulfilled complete 5-year-term (or 3-year-term based on marriage). But, of course, much depends on the DO. Anyway, all of us will be invited to an interview - sooner or later.

I have also noticed that people who applied for naturalization at (5 years-3 months) go through the process for longer time than those who fulfilled complete 5-year-term (or 3-year-term based on marriage). But, of course, much depends on the DO. Anyway, all of us will be invited to an interview - sooner or later.

Since the oath must be after the 5 years anniversary, usually the interview is after the 5 years anniversary, which will mean longer processing times for people filing 5 years - 90 days.

Waiting for supporting documents

My interview was this past April 30th. I was called in almost 2 hrs. past my appointment time and yes they were the two longest hours.

Once I got called in everything was soooo fast that I just felt like catching up with the IO. There was no conversation, not a greeting, nothing. We wen't straight to the room where I was interviewed, went straight to the oath and right away to the test. I answered the first 6 questions correctly and moved on to reading and writing a sentence. After that he pulled out my application and we went over it. Again, everything was too fast. The whole interview took about 7 min. At the end he went back to my application since I've been separated and not legally divorced, he asked for supporting documents to confirm that I provide child support for my kids. He mentioned that a letter from my ex and notarized would do the job. He gave me a sheet with instructions and gave me a month to provide the documents. I mailed the letter last week and they received it yesterday (05/07/12). Know I need to wait... I wonder how long before they review the letter and my case and give me a status update.

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (1 day)
02/01/12: N-400 delivered (3 Days)
02/07/12: Check cashed (9 Days)
02/09/12: NOA recvd (11 Days)
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review" (16 days)
02/14/12: FP notice mailed (16 days)
02/16/12: FP notice recvd (18 days)
02/22/12: FP done (24 days)
02/28/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (30 days)
03/21/12: Online Status changed to "Schedule for interview" (52 days)
03/29/12: IL and YL recvd (60 days)
04/30/12: Interview (92 days)
04/30/12: Request for evidence letter Sent. Online Status is in "Review"
05/08/12: Online Status still in "Review" - (100 days)
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received Last edited by chivigon; 8th May 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Interview Experience!

My interviewed has been scheduled for 5/11.
For those who have done with the interview, please share your experiences.

Hello, could you please share your experience after your interview tomorrow? if possible, including civil and english (reading and writing questions!!)
btw, are you going to request same day oath letter?
thanks and good luck tomorrow!

I have already posted it. Check on page 4 of this same thread.

Hi Gladius,
I missed that...haha..not sure if you still remember the reading and writing questions? are they from booklet? As I have bad spelling problem; so i want to make sure I am good!
Thank you!

Hi Gladius,
I missed that...haha..not sure if you still remember the reading and writing questions? are they from booklet? As I have bad spelling problem; so i want to make sure I am good!
Thank you!

I just checked and all the reading and writing words were from the M-715 booklet/ pdf. If you have spelling problem, just memorize the slide 4 in that booklet (M-715) and you will do just fine.

My reading sentence was - "Memorial Day is in May". Writing sentence - "Labor is in September".

For civics they only ask basic/ easy questions. Please don't stress.

I just checked and all the reading and writing words were from the M-715 booklet/ pdf. If you have spelling problem, just memorize the slide 4 in that booklet (M-715) and you will do just fine.

My reading sentence was - "Memorial Day is in May". Writing sentence - "Labor is in September".

My interview will be tomorrow at San Jose office. I will bring the Green Card, USCIS letter, Driving license, passport and 2 passport size photos.
Anything else I need to bring in? Did I miss something?

My interview will be tomorrow at San Jose office. I will bring the Green Card, USCIS letter, Driving license, passport and 2 passport size photos.

Well, you listed them all as far as originals are concerned. They won't let you enter the bldg with out USCIS letter. IO asked me for GC, Passport & DL. 2 passport size photos are required, if the ones you submitted are not good enough or damaged.

Ideally, you should also bring originals & extra copies of all documents submitted with N400 application. I have heard IO asking for random stuff during the interview. IMO, it's better to carry some extra documents than getting a RFI in the mail. Oh and don't forget copies of your recent 2011 tax returns, I am sure you had not filed your 2011 taxes when you applied for N400 back in Feb.

Good luck and pls share your expereinces!!

thanks man!!!

Good luck and pls share your expereinces!!

Done with the interview! Pretty quick process and they asked very simple questions like who is CA governor, who is the 1st US president, list 2 public holidays, etc.
It took 15 minutes for the whole interview process but it took 40 minutes to wait them to issue the letter that allows me to attend the oath ceremony!
My oath ceremony will be on 5/24 in Campbell.

I am couple of weeks behind you, lets see how long it will take for Detroit DO to
schedule my interview.

The median number of days from FP done to IL received in Detroit is 37 days. Mine took 56 days for some reason.
So, who knows. :) Good luck to you!

Done with the interview! Pretty quick process and they asked very simple questions like who is CA governor, who is the 1st US president, list 2 public holidays, etc.
It took 15 minutes for the whole interview process but it took 40 minutes to wait them to issue the letter that allows me to attend the oath ceremony!
My oath ceremony will be on 5/24 in Campbell.

Hi Likuliku,
Congratulations!!!!! thanks for updating us.
May I know if the writing and reading words are from the list again or do you mind share your reading and writing questions?
Also, do you request for the same date oath letter or they offer to you?
Appreciate! Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hoping mine is coming soon!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Likuliku,
Congratulations!!!!! thanks for updating us.
May I know if the writing and reading words are from the list again or do you mind share your reading and writing questions?
Also, do you request for the same date oath letter or they offer to you?
Appreciate! Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hoping mine is coming soon!!

The writing question was "The President lives in the White House".
The reading question I actually forgot...LOL..it was super simple!
Yes, I requested the same date oath letter.

The writing question was "The President lives in the White House".
The reading question I actually forgot...LOL..it was super simple!
Yes, I requested the same date oath letter.

So I am assuming I only have to focus on the M715 slide4? very anxious........
But thanks for sharing!!!