2012 February N-400 Tracker

I received my US passport today. It was super fast, I applied on 06/29 and they shipped it on 07/06. That's only 4 working days considering July 4th was a holiday.

How and where did you apply for your passport? Did you apply for passport in Chicago?

At the interview, the IO advised me to apply for expedited passport at Chicago office - she said it would take just a few days. I live in Missouri, but could easily drive to Chicago if needed. But I did not fully understand what passport agency in Chicago she was talking about. Does anyone know?

I received my US passport today. It was super fast, I applied on 06/29 and they shipped it on 07/06. That's only 4 working days considering July 4th was a holiday.

Did you see any online status change before you got your passport in hand? I also applied on the same day as you did (expedited service). I did not receive my passport yet.

Did you see any online status change before you got your passport in hand? I also applied on the same day as you did (expedited service). I did not receive my passport yet.

@ madgu - I didn't see my online status change. The passport just showed up in my mail. I am sure yours is on the way and you will get it on Mon or Tue. BTW, did you send your application through regular mail or next day shipping?
I paid $20 for next day delivery to lock box.

@Marusia - I applied at my local post office. That's the best way to apply if don't need your passport in next 2-3 weeks. I paid extra for expedited service ($60) and also for 1 day shipping to ($20) & from ($12.72) passport processing center. Passport fee is $110.

@ madgu - I didn't see my online status change. The passport just showed up in my mail. I am sure yours is on the way and you will get it on Mon or Tue. BTW, did you send your application through regular mail or next day shipping?
I paid $20 for next day delivery to lock box.

Thanks for your response. I paid $196.06 (110+60+25+1.16 (for money order)) for expedited service. May be as you said my passport is on its way.

Thanks for your response. I paid $196.06 (110+60+25+1.16 (for money order)) for expedited service. May be as you said my passport is on its way.

oh yeah I forgot about the $25 acceptance fee. So yes, I paid $20 extra on top of the acceptance fees; for the 1 day shipping to passport processing center from my local post office. That's why probably I got sooner that you.

You should definitely get either tomorrow or Tue.

Interview experience

Just got done with the interview at the new ASC in Chatsworth. This facility is around 5 miles off of 101. There is free parking across the street (it's a covered parking structure).
My name was called 15 mins after the scheduled time. The officer asked me to swear that I would be truthful in my answers. Then he asked for my passport, license & the green card. Started going over the application. Didn't ask me about any speeding tickets.
Then he asked me the following questions
-Who wrote the declaration of independence
-Who is the commander in chief
-Name 3 original colonies
-Name the 2 main political parties
-Name the political party of the current president
-Name the state that borders Mexico
Gave me a paper and asked me to write the sentence "The people elect congress"
Don't recall the sentence that I was asked to read. But it was something equally simple.
Asked me to sign a paper with my current name, and print the name that I desire on the naturalization certificate (since I wish to change my name)
I had to sign 2 copies of the certificate of name change, which I will be receiving after the oath ceremony.
Then he handed my a paper that stated that I am approved for citizenship. He said that I would hear from them about the Oath ceremony in 2 months time ( I am hoping that it happens before that)
He then spent a few seconds on general chitchat and walked me over to the waiting area.
All in all, pretty painless and the best part was not having to drive downtown. BTW, I saw a sign that said "ceremony room". So I am hopeful that I don't have to trek down to the L.A. Convention center for the Oath ceremony.
Here are my details
02/22/12 N-400 mailed to Phoenix AZ (Los Angeles,California)
03/21/12 Inline for interview
06/02/12 Scheduled for interview
06/07/12 IL received
07/09/12 Interview

@Marusia - I applied at my local post office. That's the best way to apply if don't need your passport in next 2-3 weeks. I paid extra for expedited service ($60) and also for 1 day shipping to ($20) & from ($12.72) passport processing center. Passport fee is $110.

Thanks for information!
Actually, I was interested in getting a passport by the fastest possible way, since I was planning for a brief travel outside the US before the new Fall Semester starts. However, it looks like I do not have enough time. Unfortunately, the St. Louis DO is very slow in oath scheduling (two months after the interview). My oath will be on August 3 (Friday), then I go to the Symposium (in the US) August 5-11. But even if I get passport immediately after August 12, which is questionable, I must definitely return by August 20, when the semester starts: I am teaching a class which, unfortunately, nobody can substitute for me. It looks like I do not have enough time to get passport and make a travel outside the US even for a few days... This means I will have to give up the travel plans and apply for my passport in a regular, non-expedited, way.

oh yeah I forgot about the $25 acceptance fee. So yes, I paid $20 extra on top of the acceptance fees; for the 1 day shipping to passport processing center from my local post office. That's why probably I got sooner that you. You should definitely get either tomorrow or Tue.

Not yet....

oh yeah I forgot about the $25 acceptance fee. So yes, I paid $20 extra on top of the acceptance fees; for the 1 day shipping to passport processing center from my local post office. That's why probably I got sooner that you.

You should definitely get either tomorrow or Tue.

Received my passport today..

2nd oath letter received

After I had to reschedule my first oath ceremony, oath is now scheduled for August 30th.

I had my oath today in Detroit, with about 85 others. My mom, dad, stepdad and father-in-law were all able to join me in the ceremony.
Thanks, everyone! :cool: