2012 February N-400 Tracker

We are "in line for oath scheduling", according to the online notification sent out 10 days ago. When the oath letter is sent out, does the online status message come again, or they just sent oath letters by mail? I am worrying why it takes so long to be scheduled. The decision has already been made. But if the oath is not scheduled yet, does this mean that our cases are under some additional review, or just lying somewhere on a shelf?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are "in line for oath scheduling", according to the online notification sent out 10 days ago. When the oath letter is sent out, does the online status message come again, or they just sent oath letters by mail? I am worrying why it takes so long to be scheduled. The decision has already been made. But if the oath is not scheduled yet, does this mean that our cases are under some additional review, or just lying somewhere on a shelf?

You should get another email or text when your oath is scheduled, similar to when your interview was scheduled.
Something like: "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for oath ceremony. You will receive a written notice with a time and place. You should receive this notice within 14 days."

Not sure if the online status at uscis website gets updated, though.
Then you will get your oath letter in the mail a few days later.
You're approved, relax, it just takes time, just like it took time to go from "in-line for interview" to "interview scheduled"
You're ahead of me even though you filed later. :)

You should get another email or text when your oath is scheduled, similar to when your interview was scheduled.
Something like: "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for oath ceremony. You will receive a written notice with a time and place. You should receive this notice within 14 days."

Not sure if the online status at uscis website gets updated, though.
Then you will get your oath letter in the mail a few days later.
You're approved, relax, it just takes time, just like it took time to go from "in-line for interview" to "interview scheduled"
You're ahead of me even though you filed later. :)

Thanks, rjackal! In my case, there was the 16-day difference between "in line for interview" and "interview scheduled" notifications. But it is difficult to predict when the the "oath scheduled" notification comes. Hopefully, not in a year!
I also wish you that your oath notification will come soon - it can easily be that your oath will be earlier than mine!

Marusia_GC -

My online status did change (I never got any text or emails even though I had signed up) from "in line for oath scheduling" to the following -
--------------------------------------------------
"
Oath Ceremony

On June 8, 2012, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.
"
---------------------------------
I think it all depends on where you are. In Big cities it is more frequent. My oath ceremony had 94 people who got naturalized. I remember there was another big one on the day I got interviewed.

Just hang in there, it should come soon.

Marusia_GC -

My online status did change (I never got any text or emails even though I had signed up) from "in line for oath scheduling" to the following -
" Oath Ceremony..."
I think it all depends on where you are. In Big cities it is more frequent. My oath ceremony had 94 people who got naturalized. I remember there was another big one on the day I got interviewed.

Just hang in there, it should come soon.

Thanks, Boxerbhai, for sharing your experience! Congratulations! The Oath ceremonies are held in St. Louis once a month, the next will be on July 27. If they inform me on when mine will be, even in a month or two, I still can make some travel plans. Otherwise, I am just sitting and waiting, and afraid of even taking a vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a US citizen now. I had my oath ceremony yesterday. Awesome and very well planned ceremony. Overall I had a great experience!

Good luck to all in the process.

Congratulations, Gladius, on becoming a US citizen! You had a comparatively fast journey in getting US citizenship! What is your DO?

Oath Ceremony

I had my oath ceremony this morning, in all I spent about 2 and half hour in the court.
Ample parking available right in front of court house for $8-$10.
Cell phones were not allowed but I saw toddlers running around. Overall it was very fine
experience. Passport Agency is right across the court house a manager from passport
agency was standing to assist new citizens to apply for passport. Thanks everybody on
this forum. Forums on this site has been really helpful throghout the immigration journey.
I opted for a name change, in Detroit DO all oaths are judicial so name change has no effect
on the overall timing.

Again Thanks everybody, goodluck to everybody who are in the line.

I had my oath ceremony this morning, in all I spent about 2 and half hour in the court.
Ample parking available right in front of court house for $8-$10.
Cell phones were not allowed but I saw toddlers running around. Overall it was very fine
experience. Passport Agency is right across the court house a manager from passport
agency was standing to assist new citizens to apply for passport. Thanks everybody on
this forum. Forums on this site has been really helpful throghout the immigration journey.
I opted for a name change, in Detroit DO all oaths are judicial so name change has no effect
on the overall timing.

Again Thanks everybody, goodluck to everybody who are in the line.

Congrtatulations!!!

Status update

My son and I received text messages and e-mails on status update - on July 5 oath letters were sent out. Hopefully, we will receive these letters next week and find out date, time, and place of the oath ceremony.

Oath letter received!

We have received oath letters today! Mail has come very fast - just in two days!
Our oath is scheduled for August 03, 2012 in the St. Louis Court House.
Difficult to believe, but our naturalization journey is coming to its final stage!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! :)

We have received oath letters today! Mail has come very fast - just in two days!
Our oath is scheduled for August 03, 2012 in the St. Louis Court House.
Difficult to believe, but our naturalization journey is coming to its final stage!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! :)

Congratulations!!! Now you will get a good sleep.....

Received Passport!

I received my US passport today. It was super fast, I applied on 06/29 and they shipped it on 07/06. That's only 4 working days considering July 4th was a holiday.