2012 February N-400 Tracker

Hi Likuliku,
Congratulations!!!!! thanks for updating us.
May I know if the writing and reading words are from the list again or do you mind share your reading and writing questions?
Also, do you request for the same date oath letter or they offer to you?
Appreciate! Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hoping mine is coming soon!!

So I am assuming I only have to focus on the M715 slide4? very anxious........
But thanks for sharing!!!

As long as you know how to read and post on this forum, you are OK for the Reading and Writing tests...:)
Don't worry!!

I just checked and all the reading and writing words were from the M-715 booklet/ pdf. If you have spelling problem, just memorize the slide 4 in that booklet (M-715) and you will do just fine.

My reading sentence was - "Memorial Day is in May". Writing sentence - "Labor is in September".

For civics they only ask basic/ easy questions. Please don't stress.

Yes I got that pdf. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
should I just bring my tax record or I have to order the tax transcript from IRS?
Thank you!!

First of all, if you paid all your taxes diligently, they will not ask you for showing tax transcripts. However, this Forum users still advise to have tax transcripts available at hand at the interview - just in case. Even though I have never had any delays or problems with taxes, I ordered tax transcripts from irs.gov website. They sent them to me in about a week. The irs.gov website allows you to order only tax transcripts for the last 3 years (I ordered transcripts for 2008, 2009, and 2010 through the irs.gov long before April 15, 2012, and then I ordered a new tax transcript for 2011 - 4 years total). However, the website does not allow to have a transcript for 2007. I called IRS (1-800-829-1040 and 1-800-829-0115) and asked to give me a Tax accounting record summary (or a document the name of which has a word "accounting") for 2007. They sent it to me also in about a week. I am not sure whether I will need it, but I did get all these transcripts and accounting summary just in case, and going to take these papers to the interview.

But my son had some problems in getting his tax transcript for 2011. He is a young college student, and his first ever part-time job started in 2011 in an electronics repair company. To get the transcript for 2011, the web required his information for the year 2010, which was not applicable to him, since he was not working in 2010 or before as a minor. Eventually, we had to call IRS, and were going in circles in their menus, and finally after an hour of staying on the phone, we were able to speak to an operator, who helped us out. His transcript was sent to us in two weeks after this call.

beside transcript; what else I can bring to prove it?
Thanks for your reply!!

The mmentap

beside transcript; what else I can bring to prove it?
Thanks for your reply!!

To prove what? That you do not owe any tax? That you were continuously residing in the US (satisfying criterion of 182 days/calendar year for the past 5 years after getting your "green card")?
Bring tax transcripts for available years (2008-2011). I looked in my folder, the document from IRS for 2007 is called "Account Transcript". However, USCIS does not accept copies of tax return documents, which you usually submit to IRS. They want to have only tax transcripts.
You may also want to bring your salary slips (I will do this). My son is a student, so we got a letter from his high-school that he was enrolled during all the academic years, and also from the University about enrollment in all the semesters he has been taking classes after graduating from high school. I do not know what else do we need to provide for him to prove that he has been here continuously, except for a couple of short-term travels to our home country.
He lives in an apartment, for which I pay rent (he cannot afford living by himself yet), and he does not have any bank accounts yet, so how else can we prove his continuous residence?

I had my interview this morning. I was scheduled for 8:00AM and was called in @ 8:05AM. Io asked for DL, GC, passports, went through the application in 5 minutes. I had to read "What do we have to pay to the government?", and write down the answer (she told me the right one) "We pay taxes" and after that the quiz. It was over in 15 minutes. IO was very nice and professional.

I had my interview this morning. I was scheduled for 8:00AM and was called in @ 8:05AM. Io asked for DL, GC, passports, went through the application in 5 minutes. I had to read "What do we have to pay to the government?", and write down the answer (she told me the right one) "We pay taxes" and after that the quiz. It was over in 15 minutes. IO was very nice and professional.

Congratulations!

In que for Oath Ceremony

Hello everyone,

Just received an update message for my application. My status is now In que for oath ceremony :) !!! After my interview I had to send RFE documents in regards to child support. In my case I have been separated for about 3 years but I haven't legally divorced. Since I've been separated and not legally divorced, the IO asked for a notarized letter signed by my kid's mom stating the terms of our agreement. In the letter I included the terms of our agreement plus any extra information that stated in which ways I take care of my little ones. My interview was April 30th. I sent the letter via Fedex on May 4th. Fedex tracking showed the package delivered on May 7. On May 10th I received an update from USCIS that my RFE documents had been received. And today May 17 I recieved a USCIS update saying that I've been placed in the que for the oath ceremony. Do you guys know how long it takes to receive the letter? Usually from this notice how long before I go to the ceremony?

Thanks to all of you that answered any questions, in return I hope that my experience helps others!

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (1 day)
02/01/12: N-400 delivered (3 Days)
02/07/12: Check cashed (9 Days)
02/09/12: NOA recvd (11 Days)
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review" (16 days)
02/14/12: FP notice mailed (16 days)
02/16/12: FP notice recvd (18 days)
02/22/12: FP done (24 days)
02/28/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (30 days)
03/21/12: Online Status changed to "Schedule for interview" (52 days)
03/29/12: IL and YL recvd (60 days)
04/30/12: Interview (92 days)
04/30/12: Request for evidence letter Sent. Online Status is in "Review"
05/08/12: Online Status "In que for Oath ceremony" - (109 days)
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received Last edited by chivigon; 8th May 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Interview Experience!

Congratulations!
I have a few small questions about my son's interview, which is scheduled on Monday May 21. Does he need to take my GC with him, since he is my dependent and got his GC through my EB GC? I will accompany him to the interview, but I am not sure whether they will let me into the building, since my interview is later, in June. What should I take with me so that they would let me wait for him in the lobby or waiting room? Also, his dad has never been in the US, never paid any child support/alimony- neither when we were in our native country, nor here (I have never applied). We do not have any contact with him for at least past 13 years since I divorced, got job in the US, took my little son, and we left. Does my son need to provide any documents from his father? I have never been thinking about this before, but since a question about child support has arised at this forum, I started worrying what an IO might ask my son about his dad. Any ideas?

Child support

Congratulations!
I have a few small questions about my son's interview, which is scheduled on Monday May 21. Does he need to take my GC with him, since he is my dependent and got his GC through my EB GC? I will accompany him to the interview, but I am not sure whether they will let me into the building, since my interview is later, in June. What should I take with me so that they would let me wait for him in the lobby or waiting room? Also, his dad has never been in the US, never paid any child support/alimony- neither when we were in our native country, nor here (I have never applied). We do not have any contact with him for at least past 13 years since I divorced, got job in the US, took my little son, and we left. Does my son need to provide any documents from his father? I have never been thinking about this before, but since a question about child support has arised at this forum, I started worrying what an IO might ask my son about his dad. Any ideas?

Hi Marusia,

In my opinion your son does not need to present any proof of weather his dad supported him or not. If it was your husband that was applying than your husband would have to worry about that. Not your son. In my experience they let people go with somebody into the building, in some cases some people where accompanied by up to three people. However once they get called in the only person that walked with the IO was the person applying. I guess in some cases where the application was based on marriage than I saw some couples walkin in together. I don't see why your son would have to show your green card.

Good luck

Hi Marusia,

In my opinion your son does not need to present any proof of weather his dad supported him or not. If it was your husband that was applying than your husband would have to worry about that. Not your son. In my experience they let people go with somebody into the building, in some cases some people where accompanied by up to three people. However once they get called in the only person that walked with the IO was the person applying. I guess in some cases where the application was based on marriage than I saw some couples walking in together. I don't see why your son would have to show your green card.

Good luck

Thanks, Chivigon! Yes, the common sense tells that it should not be a problem for a kid who has never been supported by one of his parents, while it could have been a problem for such a parent if he had applied for immigration/naturalization. I hope I will be able to wait for my kid in a lobby while he is in the interview room. He has started being kind of nervous (who is not?), so my presence is important - also, because an IO might want to ask me something as a family member, so I will take some of my documents, like GC and passport as well, just in case. I will update after we come back from the interview.

Thanks for your post. I had my interview on 15th. Same experience as yours. By the ways did they tell you anything about the potential interview date? I sked her but she did not give me any concrete answer. She told me this month's interview is on 23rd. I should get a slot month or in july.
Vivek

Thanks for your post. I had my interview on 15th. Same experience as yours. By the ways did they tell you anything about the potential interview date? I sked her but she did not give me any concrete answer. She told me this month's interview is on 23rd. I should get a slot month or in july.
Vivek

Hi Ciaovivek,
not sure if you could share your interview experience? I am preparing the interview exam as well. May I ask for the reading and writing questions; are those vocabulary coming from the last page of the booklet that we got from fingerprint? thank you!

Hi Ciaovivek,
not sure if you could share your interview experience? I am preparing the interview exam as well. May I ask for the reading and writing questions; are those vocabulary coming from the last page of the booklet that we got from fingerprint? thank you!

Do not worry about english. If you wrote this post, you will pass. Interview is easy. It took just 15 min for me.

Do not worry about english. If you wrote this post, you will pass. Interview is easy. It took just 15 min for me.

Thank you for replying. Since I have bad spelling problem that I why I would like to make sure if I could memorize the vocabulary that I need!
if possible, just please confirm if those are from last page of the booklet that we got from FP?
thanks and have a good weekend!

Vivek

I was asked to write "We pay taxes" i have read it some where on dhs site that they do not care for minor spelling mistakes and capitalization etc

Do not worry. It is easy. By the way, i too was scared. But it was easy