2011 September N-400 Tracker

Case Update

9/28/2011- Mailed N400 application within the last 90 days of 5 years residency to AZ Office.
9/30/2011- (Priority date) Application delivered and signed for by USCIS officer
10/05/2011- Check Cashed
10/07/2011- NOA- I-797C received.
10/14/2011- Fingerprint Notice received via email.
10/17/2011- Fingerprint letter Received. (Scheduled for 11/10/11)
10/19/2011- Walk in Fingerprint done
10/24/2011- On Line Status changed to Testing and Interview
11/3/2011- Email notification that interview has now been scheduled.
11/16/2011- Received interview letter for Interview date 12/9/2011

Tomorrow is the day!

yes they are.

and my online status changed today to inline for interview scheduling.

I'm hoping they add me to the 18th as well - if not then I will call them and ask them to do that so we can all do this together.

I'm also hoping that they do an oath that afternoon as a pre thanksgiving ceremony. Its more likely to be Early December though.

Hi NHhopeful,

What time is your wife's and daughter's interview tomorrow. Mine is at 9am. Good luck to you guys...

Interview Process

Hi,

I had my interview today and it was great! I am approved for my naturalization. The IO is super friendly, asked me the naturalization while we were having small talks. He asked me to wrote Delaware is the first state and asked me 6 questions. Then he proceeded with the normal, have you been arrested, are you a communist and such. The whole process took me 15 minutes. He asked me to wait in the waiting room, 15 minutes later a supervisor called my name and handed me the Oath letter and passport application form. My oath date is Dec 16th. Almost there....

Thanks

oath scheduled

I received my oath letter last week. My wife's case is still pending though even after she passed the test. It's been two weeks since the interview.

-m.

Update

-----------------------------------
09/27/11 N400 Mailed (Fedex)
09/28/11 Delivered to the Lewisville, TX Office
10/11/11 Recd FP Notice (FP appoinment date is 10/24/11)
10/14/11 FP done at Norfolk office (appointment date is 10/24, but did a walk in and FP Done)
11/07/11 Status changed to - Placed in line for Interview Scheduling
11/28/11 YL Recvied

Update for YL

Update below....

Employment based GC: Took 4+ years for I-484 due to lengthy background check;"
SPOUSE'S & MINE (Oakland Park/Ft. Lauderdale), Florida
- 09/27/2011: N-400 APPLICATION SENT
- 09/29/2011: N-400 APPLICATION RECEIVED / PD
- 10/03/2011: NOA DATE
- 10/07/2011: CHECK CASHED
- 10/07/2011: NOA RECEIVED
- 10/25/2011: FINGERPRINT NOTICE MAILED
- 10/28/2011: FP NOTICE RECEIVED (11/21 APPT)
- 11/01/2011: FP Done (Walk In)
- 11/03/2011: Online Status Changed to In Line for Interview
- 11/22/2011: YL RECEIVED (DL and Citation Record)

Hi,

I had my interview today and it was great! I am approved for my naturalization. The IO is super friendly, asked me the naturalization while we were having small talks. He asked me to wrote Delaware is the first state and asked me 6 questions. Then he proceeded with the normal, have you been arrested, are you a communist and such. The whole process took me 15 minutes. He asked me to wait in the waiting room, 15 minutes later a supervisor called my name and handed me the Oath letter and passport application form. My oath date is Dec 16th. Almost there....

Thanks

Nice. Wife's and eldest went fine. you probably saw them as they were 9 and 9.30.
I had mine yesterday - 1.25pm interview - I was expecting loads of people to be around as my interview was late. Turned out I was the only one there!

Experience for all of us was very similar - all got the 6 questions correct. He did spend time on the loyalty bit - giving up loyalty to other questions but the approval was never in doubt. It only took longer than 15 minutes because of the small talk!

Eldest takes her oath in Concord on the 16th. My wife asked for hers to be delayed to January so that we could take ours together.

12 years since I discussed moving to the States with a freind of mine who worked for a Company in Chicago. that one Chance meeting has taken a very long, interesting (and sometimes frustrating) path and the next stop along it will be in a court room in Janauary becoming a US Citizen.

I didn't foresee that 12 years ago...

Well done and good luck to all.

Congrats

Nice. Wife's and eldest went fine. you probably saw them as they were 9 and 9.30.
I had mine yesterday - 1.25pm interview - I was expecting loads of people to be around as my interview was late. Turned out I was the only one there!

Experience for all of us was very similar - all got the 6 questions correct. He did spend time on the loyalty bit - giving up loyalty to other questions but the approval was never in doubt. It only took longer than 15 minutes because of the small talk!

Eldest takes her oath in Concord on the 16th. My wife asked for hers to be delayed to January so that we could take ours together.

12 years since I discussed moving to the States with a freind of mine who worked for a Company in Chicago. that one Chance meeting has taken a very long, interesting (and sometimes frustrating) path and the next stop along it will be in a court room in Janauary becoming a US Citizen.

I didn't foresee that 12 years ago...

Well done and good luck to all.

Congrats to you and your family, I think I did saw your wife and your daughter. Finally the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Update

Passed the interview on Tuesday (12/13). Now waiting for the Oath letter. I hope everyone is seeing her/his case moving along as well.:eek:

voyager99:
Congratulations and Good Luck!! And may this New Year bring you the joy of new citizenship. :)

Hoping I get my interview date a month after yours.

thanks for the best wishes. good luck to all of us. it is just hard to believe this journey will be soon over...

voyager99:
Congratulations and Good Luck!! And may this New Year bring you the joy of new citizenship. :)

Hoping I get my interview date a month after yours.

Further Update

-----------------------------------
09/27/11 N400 Mailed (Fedex)
09/28/11 Delivered to the Lewisville, TX Office
10/11/11 Recd FP Notice (FP appoinment date is 10/24/11)
10/14/11 FP done at Norfolk office (appointment date is 10/24, but did a walk in and FP Done)
11/07/11 Status changed to - Placed in line for Interview Scheduling
12/19/11 Status changed to scheduled for Interview
12/22/11 Received Interview Letter - Interview on 1/27/2012

Interview letter.

Employment based GC: Took 4+ years for I-484 due to lengthy background check;
SPOUSE'S & MINE (Oakland Park/Ft. Lauderdale), Florida
- 09/27/2011: N-400 APPLICATION SENT
- 09/29/2011: N-400 APPLICATION RECEIVED / PD
- 10/03/2011: NOA DATE
- 10/07/2011: CHECK CASHED
- 10/07/2011: NOA RECEIVED
- 10/25/2011: FINGERPRINT NOTICE MAILED
- 10/28/2011: FP NOTICE RECEIVED (11/21 APPT)
- 11/01/2011: FP Done (Walk In)
- 11/03/2011: Online Status Changed to In Line for Interview
- 11/22/2011: YL RECEIVED (DL and Citation Record)
- 12/06/2011: INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED
- 01/10/2012: INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT DATE
- XX/XX/2011: OATH APPOINTMENT DATE

Background Check

Hi Everyone,

As you can see from my signature I have just passed my interview.

My appointment was at 10am (Milwaukee) and I was called in a few minutes after 10.
10-15 minutes later I was given a letter of congratulations.

Everything was easy and simple, the officer just asked all the questions from the N-400 and checked each one. Afterwards I passed the Civic Test successfully. He explained a few things about receiving a letter within 45 days with my Oath Ceremony date. He knew my husband was due for his interview next week and asked if we would want the same Oath Ceremony date. I said yes and he put a note in my file.

In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have. When we applied for out Green Cards (through Diversity Lottery) my husband's background check took months and we almost lost out GC (there is a one year deadline for DL applications). So now I don't know if both our background checks were completed before the interview or whether they give interviews regardless, then wait for the BC result before assigning a date for the Ceremony.

Does anybody know ??

I appreciate your help with this question.