2011 March N-400 Tracker

I lost my DL yesterday... :( Replacement is ordered but will take about 6 weeks. Does anyone know if I be okay with the temporary one in case I will not receive it before interview date?

A temporary DL would be just fine .... USCIS is not going to make an issue about not having a real one, Just take your passport and your green card with you to match the name with a photo .....Just relax

Last edited by a moderator:
Insight123, it may be there in four weeks. That's how long mine took. If you have state ID take it with you along with the temporary one and all the other things Mark mentioned. Good luck! You will be fine, dont worry.

A temporary DL would be just fine .... USCIS is not going to make an issue about not having a real one, Just take your passport and your green card with you to match the name with a photo .....Just relax

Thank you, I know I am too worried but things like that always happen to me. Anyhow, I am happy now my case is moving rather quickly!

@vimarket, I hope it will not take long. I am paranoid now that I have to care my green card as ID everywhere.

Quick Update:

1. Fingerprint and photo stuff have done today. It was an easy process and customer service was great.

2. They did correct my name on the fingerprint screen; incorrect middle name thing was deleted. I am so happy with the correction. I hope that there will be no delays because of the name typo thing.

3. At the end, I was given a booklet with a CD. Officer asked me to start studying for the civics exam.

Quick Update:

1. Fingerprint and photo stuff have done today. It was an easy process and customer service was great.

2. They did correct my name on the fingerprint screen; incorrect middle name thing was deleted. I am so happy with the correction. I hope that there will be no delays because of the name typo thing.

3. At the end, I was given a booklet with a CD. Officer asked me to start studying for the civics exam.

Congratulations ......

Folks - got my finger prints done today. Was running 45 minutes late because of traffic problems in DC area. The receptionist or the fingerprinting person didn't say anything. Basically they take your fingerprints and a photograph. They also give you a booklet to study for the civics test.

I also reported traffic tickets on my application. Do I need to contact the courts to get documents regarding those? They were all less than $200. What do you folks recommend? I think one more thing I have to do is to order my tax receipts from IRS to get ready for the next step.

Folks - got my finger prints done today. Was running 45 minutes late because of traffic problems in DC area. The receptionist or the fingerprinting person didn't say anything. Basically they take your fingerprints and a photograph. They also give you a booklet to study for the civics test.

I also reported traffic tickets on my application. Do I need to contact the courts to get documents regarding those? They were all less than $200. What do you folks recommend? I think one more thing I have to do is to order my tax receipts from IRS to get ready for the next step.

Anything less than $500 does not need to be reported ... don't bother with the court documents.... it even says that on USCIS website ..

As far as Tax income copies go, if you have them now ready to take with you to the interview, that's great, if u don't, try to get them from IRS, if you didn't get them in time. Not a problem, just go to your interview. And if you were asked, tell them you file your taxes every year. And believe me, USCIS knows if you file or not. It's all government, and it's all linked ...
The reason why they ask applicant is to see if you would lie about what's on your application or not. most of the time people get their application denied just because they lie on Government form.

Folks ....

What do you folks recommend? I think one more thing I have to do is to order my tax receipts from IRS to get ready for the next step.

Traffic Tickets: There is a "sticky thread" related to this topic. Your answer should be there.

IRS: Visit IRS website or just google with Tax Account Transcripts. You can order both Tax Account Transcripts and Tax Return Transcripts for free. Call 1-800 number or order online. It takes 10 days to arrive. I received in 7 days and I will bring all of them to my interview (just in case).

Still waiting for my FP notice, NOA from AZ 3/11 (DO Portland, OR).

I was wondering if they may skip biometrics as it's been less than 1 year (4/16) since I did my FP for removal of conditions for greencard through marriage.

Well, I got my FP notice this week, so the theory that you don't need to do fingerprints if it's less than 15 months is blown!

I tried an early walk-in and was refused (will have to re-schedule work to make original appointment). They were busy and down a fingerprint technician. A very nice IO was willing to re-schedule my appointment to a later, more convenient time but I told her I would change my work schedule. She could only re-schedule to a later time as they need at least 2 weeks to generate a new notice.

She couldn't find my current FP notice in the system (just my old ones from initial GC and removal of conditional applications) when she tried to re-schedule the appointment, so even if they'd allowed the walk-in, I'm not sure if they could have associated the FPs with the application properly!

Based on the fact it took nearly 1 month from application acceptance to FP notice, I think Portland DO is probably backed up, especially as the N400 non-military prending numbers have been increasing steadily since September and the average processing time is 0.3 months above national goal & average. By comparison, Seattle's pending numbers are pretty steady and I'm seeing fast processing times (around 90 days) based on recent forum posts.

My spouse tried an early walk in yesterday around 9 am, and were about 30-40 people waiting. My spouse was asked to come after 3 pm, when it is much slower. They were very polite and courteous.

I tried my luck today. I got there at 3.20 pm, and was out by 3.30pm. I was the only customer there.. so, it was zero wait time.. I just sailed through !

On to the next step !

Received the IL today. There was also a form N-659 which is basically a general document check list. The actual interview date was kind of unexpected, but still pretty soon.

03/08 - Mailed package to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail
03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done
04/12 - Case transferred to a local office
04/12 - IL received (scheduled for Jun, 09)

Received the IL today. There was also a form N-659 which is basically a general document check list. The actual interview date was kind of unexpected, but still pretty soon.

03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done

A lot of people get the IL within a week after the fingerprints, it just depends on how busy USCIS local field office is and how many applicants are ahead of your before you get a number and set you with a date for your interview ...
But normally for almost every one else .. it's within a month ...(Normal Processing time )

@ hmz: Congrlats... Its better to have the letter soon than later :p

+ Do they send e-mail/text message when they mail the IL?
+ What documents are listed in N-659? Case specific or just a general list?

@ hmz: Congrlats... Its better to have the letter soon than later :p

+ Do they send e-mail/text message when they mail the IL?
+ What documents are listed in N-659? Case specific or just a general list?

1. I didn't submit the electronic notification form along with. Actually, I found out about it when the package was already sent. I just used the receipt number to track the status.

2. It's a general list form.

03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done

Congratulations HMZ! The ID is not that bad! At least you have a date!! Lucky you! I'm still waiting for some update! I'm getting anxious! What state is your local office in?

March 23 2011: Mail N-400 + GC copy + $680 check + 2 photos to Phoenix lockbox.
March 29 2011: NOA (via email and text)
April 13 2011 : FP notice mailed (Online status)
May 8th 2011 : FP appointment.

Umm, *rolls eyes* I'm jealous dude. Things seem to be moving so fast for you. Sigh.

Okay, now acting like a real human being. CONGRATS!!! Study. Study. I'm sure you will do fine.

Thanks, I am pretty surprised myself! I hope yours will move fast as well.