2011 March N-400 Tracker

What's the average time between one's file being transferred, and the interview ? A rough guestimate?

Normally within a month or so, ( Give or Take) ....

You can call the USCIS national number. Ask the representative to escalate your call to a higher officer who has access to more sensitive information about your case. They will be able to tell whether your case was put in the queue for an interview and/or the date was assigned to your particular case by your local field office..

Check this link out, you'll be able to see the processing time for LA and other cities as well ..

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my FP done this morning.

Nice! Next step is receiving an e-mail related to the file transfer (to the local office). It takes 7-10 days so be patient. Then, the local office will contact you (interview letter or request for proof of evidence).

FYI: I received my local office transfer e-mail 7 days after the FP appointment. Now, I am waiting for the interview letter.

Nice! Next step is receiving an e-mail related to the file transfer (to the local office). It takes 7-10 days so be patient. Then, the local office will contact you (interview letter or request for proof of evidence).

FYI: I received my local office transfer e-mail 7 days after the FP appointment. Now, I am waiting for the interview letter.

I think in Illinois will take longer than 7 days to update.....

Only lucky people get the transfer e-mail 7 days after FP appointment! LOL! Most of us have to wait longer! I did my FP on 3/28 and I still didn't get anything yet! FYI my local office is the Washington, DC/Fairfax, VA office!

Dear Friends: I have a good news and a question. + I do not know why my case has all the wierd things.

Good News: I received my Interview Letter (Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview) today.

The Question is as follows:

Some background: I have been living in North Dakota for a long time. When I got my GreenCard, my fingerprints were taken in North Dakota. Then, I went to Bloomington, Minnesota for the interview.

In my N-400 application, my fingerprints were taken in North Dakota too. But, this time, my interview is also scheduled in North Dakota (actually it is the same place I went for FP appointment - 10 mins from my house).

At the top of my interview letter it says that "Please come to ....... , North Dakota" -- this is where FP done, its FBI building actually
At the bottom of the letter it says that "USCIS Office Address: ... Metro Drive, Bloomington, MN" -- this is where I went to GreenCard Interview some years ago

Now the question is that WHY the address for interview location and the address for local office contact given in the IL are different?

Has anyone have similar experience? Should I call 1-800 number?

Last edited by a moderator:
dakota2011,
First of all conglatulations!
I got this script from USCIS Service and office locator . Now my two cents they may be sending officers there for interview from Bloomington as a favour to applicants BUT I would go ahead and call them just to make sure that there is no miscommunication at this important thing. Good luck!
Appointments
Appointments we make
We may schedule an appointment at a local office or Application Support Center (ASC) if we need to interview you, or as we otherwise process your case. It is important that you make every effort to make that appointment. Not appearing will at least delay your case. It may mean certain processing steps will have to be repeated. It may also affect eligibility for benefits, and could mean we will have to deny the application or petition.

If an emergency prevents you from making your appointment, follow the instructions on the appointment notice. For local office appointments you can call customer service and request rescheduling, but we will not guarantee that we will agree to reschedule your case, or that rescheduling will not significantly affect your case.

IS ANYONE HERE FROM MIAMI FL ???

i know that the process might be different from other's (it all depend on the office where you located) but i was just wondering if any one like me from Miami fl who can share the time line for their case?

i had my FP schedule for 4/21 but the day that i got the letter i went there and they let me in, so actually i did the FP on 4/4 !!!!
since then - nothing... I'm not checking my case on line (for some reason I'm scared LOL)

please share how fast ?! does theprocess go in that location.

Dear Friends: I have a good news and a question. + I do not know why my case has all the wierd things.

Good News: I received my Interview Letter (Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview) today.

The Question is as follows:

Some background: I have been living in North Dakota for a long time. When I got my GreenCard, my fingerprints were taken in North Dakota. Then, I went to Bloomington, Minnesota for the interview.

In my N-400 application, my fingerprints were taken in North Dakota too. But, this time, my interview is also scheduled in North Dakota (actually it is the same place I went for FP appointment - 10 mins from my house).

At the top of my interview letter it says that "Please come to ....... , North Dakota" -- this is where FP done, its FBI building actually
At the bottom of the letter it says that "USCIS Office Address: ... Metro Drive, Bloomington, MN" -- this is where I went to GreenCard Interview some years ago

Now the question is that WHY the address for interview location and the address for local office contact given in the IL are different?

Has anyone have similar experience? Should I call 1-800 number?

USCIS maybe trying to ease up the backlog they may have at the moment. But your best bet is to call and ask for a transfer to an officer that has access to more info about your case to tell you exactly what's up .....

But generally, you appear whenever and wherever USCIS tells you. FBI or USCIS, it's all federal government ....

Good Luck

IS ANYONE HERE FROM MIAMI FL ???

i know that the process might be different from other's (it all depend on the office where you located) but i was just wondering if any one like me from Miami fl who can share the time line for their case?

i had my FP schedule for 4/21 but the day that i got the letter i went there and they let me in, so actually i did the FP on 4/4 !!!!
since then - nothing... I'm not checking my case on line (for some reason I'm scared LOL)

please share how fast ?! does theprocess go in that location.

check out the link below, it will show you the timeline of Miami, FL

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

FP done.....

Hi All,

Finger Printing Over. Waiting for IL.

Regards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location - Virginia

19/March/11 - N-400 Sent to LockBox Dallas TX
21/March/11 - N-400 Received
24/March/11 - Confirmation Email & SMS
25/March/11 - Check Cashed
27/March/11 - Notice of Action Received.
30/March/11 - FP Notice send as per Online Status.
26/April/ 11 - FP done .

Virginia (Chesapeake) N-400 Based on 5 Yr Residence

April 26 6:00PM - Sent the N-400 Documents UPS Next Day w/ Signature to Lewisville TX. Sent N-400, 2 Photos, Check $680, Copy of Permanent Resident Card back to back
April 27 9:00AM - Received and signed

I received my interview letter with a interview date of 5/25. My spouse received hers as well on the same day, with a interview date of 5/27. I strongly suspect, the fact that we did our fingerprints a few days apart , might be the reason of our different interview dates. I did not receive a "Yellow Letter".

Time to Cram !

Interview letter (date April 26) arrived today. Interview June 2.

A 17 years journey is getting close to the end.... good luck to all those who are waiting.

Hello All

i just checked my online status and it still show as they send me the FP letter on 3/31 , when i actually did my appointment on 4/4 , so its almost a month since i did the FP and the status didn't changed.

any suggestion? should i call and ask in the 1800 number?!
please advise what you think i should do

thank you...