2011 March N-400 Tracker

Hello All

i just checked my online status and it still show as they send me the FP letter on 3/31 , when i actually did my appointment on 4/4 , so its almost a month since i did the FP and the status didn't changed.

any suggestion? should i call and ask in the 1800 number?!
please advise what you think i should do

thank you...

As you can see from my signature, it took exactly one month from the date of "actual" walk fp (40 days from fp notice online) to get the "case transfer" update... I was willing to give it another week or two before trying anything.

I would say at least wait a few more days

Hello All

i just checked my online status and it still show as they send me the FP letter on 3/31 , when i actually did my appointment on 4/4 , so its almost a month since i did the FP and the status didn't changed.

any suggestion? should i call and ask in the 1800 number?!
please advise what you think i should do

thank you...

U may call the 800 number and ask for your call to be transferred to an officer, when that happen, ask if you were given an interview date. If not, ask if you were put in the queue for the interview date at least .. they will be able to tell what's up with your case ...

Good Luck

As you can see from my signature, it took exactly one month from the date of "actual" walk fp (40 days from fp notice online) to get the "case transfer" update... I was willing to give it another week or two before trying anything.

I would say at least wait a few more days

yes i actually looked in your signiture and i saw it took a month... did you check during this month the on line status as well? did it say the same thing as mine (that they send the FP letter) ??

i also looked on line in the Miami office and it show 2 things : 1. that the average time it take them to process - 7 month! (where the general average is 5 month) and in a another page it show August 2010 (as they now processing application from august 2010).... i really hope it wont take 7 month or more for this process and i hope thats NOT the reason it take them so long to update and send the interview letter...

yes i actually looked in your signiture and i saw it took a month... did you check during this month the on line status as well? did it say the same thing as mine (that they send the FP letter) ??

i also looked on line in the Miami office and it show 2 things : 1. that the average time it take them to process - 7 month! (where the general average is 5 month) and in a another page it show August 2010 (as they now processing application from august 2010).... i really hope it wont take 7 month or more for this process and i hope thats NOT the reason it take them so long to update and send the interview letter...

I did not check during the month between FP and IL. The wait was not easy but one of the reasons that I kept calm is the fact that I still have another month to the actual residency requirement date.

Here is my understanding: FP and name check happens at the service center level. Any case should not be transfered to a local office until all security checks are completed (I've read some exception but this is the rule). These days, security and name check are not taking long. I've read time lines from a few days up to a 2-3 months (which is very rare these days). It took 3.5 years for my green card when the backlog was very bad. There will be no online case update between FP letter and case transfer.

Once your case is transfered, it will be completely in the local office and my understanding that there will be no more changes online. You will get an interview letter and after the interview you will do the oath same day or later depending on where you are but I've heard from people who finished and got their passports for a long time while the online status is "case transfer".

I know how frustrating it is to wait but if you are like the vast majority of people you will see something within a week or two at the most.

I received my interview letter with a interview date of 5/25. My spouse received hers as well on the same day, with a interview date of 5/27. I strongly suspect, the fact that we did our fingerprints a few days apart , might be the reason of our different interview dates. I did not receive a "Yellow Letter".

Time to Cram !

Interview letter (date April 26) arrived today. Interview June 2.

A 17 years journey is getting close to the end.... good luck to all those who are waiting.

Congratulations to GiveMeaBreak99 and basselal...

@ GiveMeaBreak99: See... Your interview date is sooner than mine :p

Second Update:

Received in the Mail today May 2, I-797C NOA Notice Date of April 28. From National Benefits Center in MO. ALso I would like to note, the Application Number or Receipt Number is nowhere on the Cashed check.

------- TIMELINE -------------

Virginia (Chesapeake) N-400 Based on 5 Yr Residence

April 26 6:00PM - Sent the N-400 Documents UPS Next Day w/ Signature to Lewisville TX. Sent N-400, 2 Photos, Check $680, Copy of Permanent Resident Card back to back
April 27 9:00AM - Received and signed
April 29 - Check Cashed/Posted in Bank. Deposited check April 28.
May 2, 2011 - Received I-797C NOA dated April 8 from National Benefits Center MO.

I did not check during the month between FP and IL. The wait was not easy but one of the reasons that I kept calm is the fact that I still have another month to the actual residency requirement date.

Here is my understanding: FP and name check happens at the service center level. Any case should not be transfered to a local office until all security checks are completed (I've read some exception but this is the rule). These days, security and name check are not taking long. I've read time lines from a few days up to a 2-3 months (which is very rare these days). It took 3.5 years for my green card when the backlog was very bad. There will be no online case update between FP letter and case transfer.

Once your case is transfered, it will be completely in the local office and my understanding that there will be no more changes online. You will get an interview letter and after the interview you will do the oath same day or later depending on where you are but I've heard from people who finished and got their passports for a long time while the online status is "case transfer".

I know how frustrating it is to wait but if you are like the vast majority of people you will see something within a week or two at the most.

ok so i decided to call the FBI (they told me they send the results back on the same day) and then i call the 1800 of the uscis (i said... i have nothing to lose by asking where am i standing). the person i talked to said I'm in the queue (waiting list) for an interview.
now only god know how long it will take for them to send me the interview letter and to schedule the interview.
i hope it wont take long...

Dakota2011 where is your interview scheduled?

Here in North Dakota,10 mins from where I am living.

I was really surprised when I got the interview letter because 5 years ago I had to go to Bloomington (MN) for the Green Card interview. This time it is a home game :p

With the price of gas, lucky you! Good luck. Please update after your interview.

Here in North Dakota,10 mins from where I am living.

I was really surprised when I got the interview letter because 5 years ago I had to go to Bloomington (MN) for the Green Card interview. This time it is a home game :p

Does anyone know processing time for FP depends on your District Office? I don't know why my FP process is taking longer than most filers because I have never been arrested nor cited & my name is not common. But I've noticed that it takes longer for those who live in Los Angeles/Washington DC compared to those live elsewhere. Is there anyone else from Los Angeles who are also waiting for their cases to be transferred? Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received:
Interview Date:
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Pauksi, we have similar timelines and I am also waiting for the case to transfer to the local office. Not sure where the processing is done. I sent my application to the Dallas center and I am a Virginia resident.

Folks, does anyone know if your local office where you case gets transferred is the same office where you go for fingerprinting? I did my fingerprinting in the Alexandria, VA office for my citizenship application. For my green card processing, I had done my fingerprinting in the Norfolk, VA office. The timeline threads in this forum are for a Washington, DC office, so I am not sure which one my local office is going to be.

to LongRoadToGC: as far as I know, Application Support Center (ASC) is not necessarily the same one where your district office is. I used to live in Fairfax, VA where district office is the one on Lee Hwy in Fairfax, I'm not sure about City of Alexandria but most likely it's gonna be the same one in Fairfax. When I did my FP for GC application was at ASC on Route 1 in Alexandria, I guess the same one where you did yours. The good thing is most of my friends used to do same day interview & Oath back in the day, but I'm not sure about that anymore since I relocated to Los Angeles in 2009.

Does anyone know processing time for FP depends on your District Office? I don't know why my FP process is taking longer than most filers because I have never been arrested nor cited & my name is not common. But I've noticed that it takes longer for those who live in Los Angeles/Washington DC compared to those live elsewhere. Is there anyone else from Los Angeles who are also waiting for their cases to be transferred? Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received:
Interview Date:
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

The time that takes you to get your IL is about a month or so, it's just depends on how many applicants are ahead of you, Los Angeles has more people/applicants that cities with faster N-400 Adjudication.... I live in Seattle, WA and it's not as big as LA but it took about a month to receive my IL ...just relax and you should get something within a month from the time your biometrics is done .. Good Luck

Pauksi, we have similar timelines and I am also waiting for the case to transfer to the local office. Not sure where the processing is done. I sent my application to the Dallas center and I am a Virginia resident.

Folks, does anyone know if your local office where you case gets transferred is the same office where you go for fingerprinting? I did my fingerprinting in the Alexandria, VA office for my citizenship application. For my green card processing, I had done my fingerprinting in the Norfolk, VA office. The timeline threads in this forum are for a Washington, DC office, so I am not sure which one my local office is going to be.

USCIS will decide which local field office you will go to for interview. They are trying to be as efficient as possible after the backlog they have had in 2009, so if an office is busy, they will try to send you to another one close to you if available ...

I am also from VA, and I sent my file to Lewisville, TX. There were also others from another thread, "Norfolk VA Timeline" from VA and their DO is in Norfolk VA. Some got their interview and oath in Norfolk, VA DO at the same day. Why is it again you sent your application to Dallas, TX? Thanks.

Thanks all for your comments. Gaby214, I think it may be that Lewisville and Dallas are the same location. I used priority US mail, which used a Dallas address. For express or courier services, they seem to use the Lewisville address for the same service center.

Thanks all for your comments. Gaby214, I think it may be that Lewisville and Dallas are the same location. I used priority US mail, which used a Dallas address. For express or courier services, they seem to use the Lewisville address for the same service center.

Oh yes! It is the Lockbox. There was one here in the forum I think his username is Richmond something.. He is in Richmond and he had his interview in Norfolk, maybe also his FP but I maybe wrong..

Local Office

This is how you determine where your local office is. It has nothing to do with how busy the office is, it all depends on your Zip code. go to this USCIS site

1. click "Find a USCIS Office" link

2. for the office where you will take the test click the link "Field Offices" and once there enter you zip code and you will get the office where you will be interviewed.

For the Biometrics app, click the link "Application Support Centers" once there enter you zip code and you will get the office