2010 March N-400 Tracker

Congratulations, guys. I live in Crown Heights right now, but I'm moving to Sunset Park at the end of the month. I hope my address change doesn't delay things. I'm also wondering whether my case will also be delayed because until I moved to NY in December, all my CIS dealings have been in California and Nebraska, so maybe my file has to be consolidated and sent to NY.

My interview is in Bismark, ND
Guys it is not very cold, I guess until November

MN_DO
MN_DO the reason for a 2 month delay in interview date is because in SD and ND the oath ceremonies take place once in 3 months. Do you know when is the next oath ceremony. In SD it is in late August.

Congratulations, guys. I live in Crown Heights right now, but I'm moving to Sunset Park at the end of the month. I hope my address change doesn't delay things. I'm also wondering whether my case will also be delayed because until I moved to NY in December, all my CIS dealings have been in California and Nebraska, so maybe my file has to be consolidated and sent to NY.

I am in South Dakota now and most of my CIS dealings were in Vermont and I got the interview letter in 14 days. So I dont think the delay is because of the CIS dealings . I think it is your DO

Interview update, gang. Extremely friendly and professional officer. 20 minute interview, passed. Received Oath Letter 20 minutes after the interview, Oath Ceremony scheduled for this Thursday, May 27th. More details later. Good luck everyone!

Congrats Cuk536 & Good luck to everyone whose upcoming appointments are around the corner :)

Congratulations, lost123. I hope the decision is favourable. Did they ask you to show additional documentation for your trips, and your ties to the US? Or, did you send all those when you sent your application? And, the IO agreed with you that your time abroad studying was ok? I was out for 908 days, so a few days under the 913, but I'm still pretty nervous, if they EVERY send me an IL!

Hi Cafeconleche,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier.. I am in the midst of preparing for my 2nd license exam that is this friday and I can't wait for be over for this month.
Regarding your Q: The I/O only asked for my passport that I put on the table along with my gc. However, he did not go over the passport, just looked to see whether or not I had brought it. About the days, it wasn't a problem, just as long as you were not employed. I worked for an NGO while abroad and studying and this is the only reason why my application is pending. I hope I find out soon. Hope it helps :)

Good luck!

Good News

Huh! Finally good news. My case transferred to local office (got text and email message) and I updated my signature accordingly. I will update once I get IL.

good Luck,
atlabor

Congrats Cuk536 & Good luck to everyone whose upcoming appointments are around the corner :)

Question for forum members -

I fingerprinted on April 26th and have not heard anything from Newark DO regarding an interview date. I did get a yellow letter asking me to bring a state issued ID to the interview a week ago.

Also, my priority date according to the notice is March 31 and according to the fingerprinting letter is March 26th. Which one is more accurate?

Has anyone with priority dates between March 25th and March 31st filing at the Newark NJ office gotten interview letters?

Any responses are appreciated!

Huh! Finally good news. My case transferred to local office (got text and email message) and I updated my signature accordingly. I will update once I get IL.

good Luck,
atlabor

Great... just like I thought.

I think mine will be trannsferred by this weekend or Monday.

I guess you just have to wait. Also, please check other Newark DO forum members and see if anyone got the interview letter and their priority date. Your priority date according to the latest letter is more accurate. Please also check Jan, Feb 2010 tracking threads for your DO cases.
Good Luck,
atlabor

Question for forum members -

I fingerprinted on April 26th and have not heard anything from Newark DO regarding an interview date. I did get a yellow letter asking me to bring a state issued ID to the interview a week ago.

Also, my priority date according to the notice is March 31 and according to the fingerprinting letter is March 26th. Which one is more accurate?

Has anyone with priority dates between March 25th and March 31st filing at the Newark NJ office gotten interview letters?

Any responses are appreciated!

Hello Friends,

Online Status change for wife "Case transffered to local office".......Signature updated.

There was no email or txt message.

Interview update, gang. Extremely friendly and professional officer. 20 minute interview, passed. Received Oath Letter 20 minutes after the interview, Oath Ceremony scheduled for this Thursday, May 27th. More details later. Good luck everyone!

Hi
congratulations.
woow San Jose DO gives out OL right after interveiw. Thats great. Is this to all cases or only to some lucky guys like you? Hopefully to every case. All comments will be appreciated
Thakns

Hi
congratulations.
woow San Jose DO gives out OL right after interveiw. Thats great. Is this to all cases or only to some lucky guys like you? Hopefully to every case. All comments will be appreciated
Thakns
Hello and thank you!
We saw at least 3 or 4 other than us people who received Oath Letters right after the interview, we all were waiting in the same room. I'm sure Oath Letters were distributed because distribution lady always started with "Congratulations!" and big smile. For San Jose we can check Campbell Heritage Theater site for upcoming events, USCIS ceremonies are listed there: http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm ;-) Since closest ceremony was just 2 days away they were "hand delivering" Oath Letters instead of mailing them. Ceremony in June scheduled for 23rd.
Goog luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations cuk536 !!!
My Husband has his interview tomorrow. We are really exited about it. I will kepp you posted about the interview. He has traffic tickes and a fishing ticket. I hope his experience will help to any of us that is in the same boat.

Good luck to evryone getting their IL and coming interviews.

Hi Jacsylee,

How did your husbands interview go yesterday - 05/26/2010 ?

Good luck to you and all the others as well.

My lawyer knows the Immigration officer who takes the interviews and he talked to him and let me know . The next oath in SD is in Mt Rushmore.

His interview went really smooth. He got approved in 20 minutes. That was the time that I waited for him outside. We hired a lawyer since we got a Fishing ticket on the Florida Keys and we were afraid to have any negative implication in the case since we haven't have court yet but the State Attorney offers us six months probation and withholding judication. In top of that we were in a payment plan with IRS but last two years were no showing on their records so they werent able to give us transcription and proof of payment plan. He also had 8 traffic tickets in the last 10 years so we were concerned about all these details and decided to invest (we considered this as in investment for the citizenship after being in the last 10 yeears in the immigration process) $1000 in a lawyer who went with him to the interview. He told me the IO asked him only some questions about his N400 he didn't travel outside and he was asked why and he just said he was afraid to have any issue coming back so he preferred to stay home and visit different states. fortunatelly for him, the IO fishes with her parents so my husband was just having a conversation with her about fishing tips and experiences and I guess that made easier the interview. SHe didn't asked for anything about taxes and or traffic tickets. at the end when she stamped the approval sign in his papers, the lawyer said that he needs to make an aclaration to the N400 to avoid any possible situation in the future and he told her about the fishing ticket. SHe asked for any document proving the ticket and he gave to her the documents we got from the court (our final decision for this fishing ticket is on June 1 so we didn't have this case closed) she put the documents on the file and told him to wait outside so he can be handle the oat ceremony for tomorrow at 1:00 pm. So finally his journey ends tomorrow!!! I will be preparing for mine in 10 days.

If you guys any question let me know, I will try to answer them the best as I can.

His interview went really smooth. He got approved in 20 minutes. That was the time that I waited for him outside. We hired a lawyer since we got a Fishing ticket on the Florida Keys and we were afraid to have any negative implication in the case since we haven't have court yet but the State Attorney offers us six months probation and withholding judication. In top of that we were in a payment plan with IRS but last two years were no showing on their records so they werent able to give us transcription and proof of payment plan. He also had 8 traffic tickets in the last 10 years so we were concerned about all these details and decided to invest (we considered this as in investment for the citizenship after being in the last 10 yeears in the immigration process) $1000 in a lawyer who went with him to the interview. He told me the IO asked him only some questions about his N400 he didn't travel outside and he was asked why and he just said he was afraid to have any issue coming back so he preferred to stay home and visit different states. fortunatelly for him, the IO fishes with her parents so my husband was just having a conversation with her about fishing tips and experiences and I guess that made easier the interview. SHe didn't asked for anything about taxes and or traffic tickets. at the end when she stamped the approval sign in his papers, the lawyer said that he needs to make an aclaration to the N400 to avoid any possible situation in the future and he told her about the fishing ticket. SHe asked for any document proving the ticket and he gave to her the documents we got from the court (our final decision for this fishing ticket is on June 1 so we didn't have this case closed) she put the documents on the file and told him to wait outside so he can be handle the oat ceremony for tomorrow at 1:00 pm. So finally his journey ends tomorrow!!! I will be preparing for mine in 10 days.

If you guys any question let me know, I will try to answer them the best as I can.

That's great!. Congrats and Good luck for your interview.