2010 June N-400 tracker

Hi All,

I will be eligible for naturalization in Jan 2011, so I plan to send in the application in Oct 2010, 90 days ahead.
About 60 days after I file though, I will need to go abroad for about 1 month.
Does this pose any problems for my application?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have seen in some of the posts as "FP Done, Processed the same day". Is there a way to know whether or not FP is processed or not immediately after completing FP?

I am still waiting for the fingerprinting notification...

BTW, guys, on the spreadsheet, can we keep Phoenix and Lewisville service centers separately, AND by the date
someone keeps moving and disorganizing them,
thanks

thank you, seadull,
so, it does not depend on the service center, but the local district office?
I have no idea how busy my local service center is...
i think i should browse older posts here on my local district office

It's my observation that time your FP notice is generated depends on load on your local DO/ASC. Hows SFO doing?

thank you, seadull,

That's because load on different DOs will vary and thus have different wait times. Whoever/Wherever FP notice gets generated from, must be consulting DO's appointment backlog before scheduling your FP date. You should try to see FP timelines for other applications (I-485 etc) for SFO.

I am still waiting for the fingerprinting notification...

BTW, guys, on the spreadsheet, can we keep Phoenix and Lewisville service centers separately, AND by the date
someone keeps moving and disorganizing them,
thanks

thank you, seadull,

The consensus seems to be that the timeline is pretty much entirely dependent on the DO. This is probably why people keep irritating you by sorting the June spreadsheet on other columns. Particularly as time passes, PD within DO becomes the most useful comparison. If you look at the February, March and April sheets you can see they've pretty much settled into a DO-based sort all the time. This would be why.

(Personally, it doesn't bother me when people sort the spreadsheet by some different columns. It's easy enough to change back. Widening random columns, that I find harder to understand.)

Update:

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

District office- Norfolk, VA

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/11/10
Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
NOA date- 6/22/10 Fingerprinting notice
FP Date- 7/14/10
Email rec'd 7/20/10 stating that file was sent to DO for interview. I suppose that a NOA will be issued for the interview in the next couple of months...

Hi Guys,

I Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/02/10 my application. The check was cashed 6/14/2010. But I do not received any notification yet.
What should I do?
Can I contact them somehow?

Hi Guys,

I have seen in some of the posts as "FP Done, Processed the same day". Is there a way to know whether or not FP is processed or not immediately after completing FP?

Hey san1, I have some advice for you: "Relax, otherwise it is going to feel like eternity for you." Hartford, CT is probably one of the slowest (if not the slowest) DOs in the country. I finally received my IL today after filing 3 months ago. However, if you use the online tracker and compare my filing against the Hartford filers in February and March, it is actually right on par with their timelines.

Once your FP is done, you won't hear anything until about 1 month after your Actual FP scheduled date. It sucks, but that is Hartford for you and that is what we all experienced. I do hope your experience moves faster, but I would not hold my breath. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta Early Walk-in FP Done Today

I did my FP through early walk-in at Atlanta, today. Details in my signature. My original FP was scheduled for the next fortnight on August 6, 2010.

Thanks Hollywoodfj. Greatly appreciate your view.
Checked with FBI customer service. FP was completed and forwarded to USCIS the same day. I understand that Hartford is slow sending in the IL, but is the next process 'transfering file to local office' a USCIS Dallas event?.
Hey san1, I have some advice for you: "Relax, otherwise it is going to feel like eternity for you." Hartford, CT is probably one of the slowest (if not the slowest) DOs in the country. I finally received my IL today after filing 3 months ago. However, if you use the online tracker and compare my filing against the Hartford filers in February and March, it is actually right on par with their timelines.

Once your FP is done, you won't hear anything until about 1 month after your Actual FP scheduled date. It sucks, but that is Hartford for you and that is what we all experienced. I do hope your experience moves faster, but I would not hold my breath. Good luck!

Thanks Hollywoodfj. Greatly appreciate your view.
Checked with FBI customer service. FP was completed and forwarded to USCIS the same day. I understand that Hartford is slow sending in the IL, but is the next process 'transfering file to local office' a USCIS Dallas event?.

Hey san1. Yeah that event happened almost 1.5 months after my original scheduled FP date (I walked in also which doesn't seem to matter to Hartford) and seems to be the norm for Hartford filers.

FP was done last Tuesday. However LUD on my case is 3 July, should I worry? What is the usual wait time to get next update (i.e. Transfer to Local Office)? Thank you.

Update:

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
FP Date- 7/14/10
NOA rec'd- 7/23/10 Interview notice.
Interview date- 8/27/10

I got my FP (walk-in) done in Norfolk. They had me fill a short appln and to be consistent with my N-400, I wrote (since there was no option to circle) "Black" for my eye color. But the guy that took my pic and FP checked Brown in the drop down box. I asked him abt it and he said it was ok (as they are pretty close) and he thot my eyes were any way brown (they do have a shade of brown but I've checked it as black every place I needed to). I justified to myself that it was perhaps the closest option he had in his drop down menu on the comp. My qn is - does this inconsistency with the N-400 create any issues??

Update:

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
FP Date- 7/14/10
Email rec'd 7/20/10 stating that file was sent to DO for interview. I suppose that a NOA will be issued for the interview in the next couple of months...

From ur timeline, looks like one may get an update in a week or so from the date FP was done (assuming u did ur FP on 7/14 - was it earlier than scheduled?). My case is at the Norfolk office and I got my FP done yesterday.. So, maybe in the next couple of weeks, can I expect my case to be transfered. Also, is there any other update in the case status to indicate the FP's are accepted / being processed etc?? Thanks
-----------------------------

Got my FP notice today. FP scheduled 08/24.....updated spreadsheet.
My 5 years will complete on 09/29. I hope my interview schedules on or after that.