2010 February N-400 Tracker

Our LUD changed on 04/24, now it says testing and interview. To give quick background, our files were placed in queue for interview on 04/15. I went to local IO to find out about the process. Heres wha I was told

they cash the check and send you FP notice, once the FP and Nc cleared you will be put on interview queue for specific DO, Each DO has limit on how much interview they can accommodate in a month. she mentioned about DO uploading the available slot to national benefit center and NBC pulls application from queue FIFO and fill in the calender uploaded by DO and send interview letter along with sending files over to DO. So its all timing like when your file is placed on queue and how often DO send the schedule over to NBC.. so for those in queue hang in there..depending on DO you might get the letter in next 10-30 days.

Very good info, thanks.
I am at your stage as well.
LUD on USCIS has been changing for last 3 days, even on saturday!!

LUD - Last update date.. when someone touches your case or when case staus changes or for some rogue reason the date on your case changes as shown in USCIS website!

Hi Wave -

Did you register with a username and password on the USCIS Case Status website, or are you manually entering the receipt number each time? You have to have an account and then add your receipt # to your "portfolio" in order to see the Last Updated date (LUD). For example, my portfolio has this for my N-400 case:

Receipt Number Last Updated
(mm/dd/yyyy) Form Number Form Title

NBC*000xxxxxx 04/24/2010 N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

It also allows you to sign up for e-mail and cell phone alerts. Perhaps you have already done this, which means you should be able to log in and see this information. When someone "touches" your case in the USCIS computer system, your LUD changes to the day this happens. Actually, it seems as though they upload updated information about 1:30 am every night, so if my case gets touched today, I will get a new LUD with tomorrow's date at 1:30 am tonight.

Hopefully this makes sense... :)

How can i check the LUD?
Can you please explain?

Wave

goldin03,

Thanx for your help, yes it does make sense.
My LUD is 01/26/2010 but my interview was on 02/25/2010 so i don't get how all this work.

Wave

Finally!!! I got my IL in the mail today! :cool: :D:D:D It was generated on 2/20, and the ID is May 26 at 10:20 am! Time to break out those civics flashcards... :)

Citizenship Timeline
DO SAN DIEGO, CA
1/13/2005 LPR
2/4/2010 Sent N-400 Application To Phoenix Lockbox (certified mail and tracking number)
2/8/2010 N-400 Delivered To Phoenix Lockbox
2/12/2010 Received Certified Mail Return Receipt From USCIS
2/12/2010 Check Cashed ($675.00)
2/12/2010 Priority Date Per NOA
2/20/2010 Received USCIS Receipt NOA I-797C
3/18/2010 Received SMS and E-mail at 1:34 a.m., Case Transferred For Standard Interview
3/19/2010 Received Interview Notice Letter (PD rolled back to 02/08/2010)
4/26/2010 Interview Date ( I passed!)
XX/XX/2010 Received Oath Ceremony Letter
XX/XX/2010 Oath Ceremony Date
XX/XX/2010 Applied For US Passport
XX/XX/2010 Received US Passport

Note: I just came back from my interview. It was at 1:15 pm in San Diego-California. I was there at 1:00 pm. I put my interview letter in a basket in front of the immigration officer and told me to take a seat until my name is called. I waited for about 15 minutes. A nice gentleman called my name. He introduced himself to me and he told me he is the adjudicator officer for my N-400 application. We walked back to his office. He told me to stay standing and raise my right hand to swear to tell the truth and I said yes. I sat down afterwards. He asked me for my green card, he looked over it and gave it back to me. He went through my N-400 to make sure it is up to date. He asked for my full name, address, profession,....etc. He asked the same questions listed under "good moral character" section of the N-400. All my answers were the same. Nooo! After that, he brought a piece of paper and asked me could you please read this sentence. I said sure. The sentence was "who can vote?". This was my reading portion of the exam. DONE! Then he gave me a pen and told me to write the following sentence, "US citizens can vote" which I successfully did. Writing portion of the exam is DONE!. Then he asked me 6 civics and government questions, they are 1. Who was brought to America as slaves, answer: Africans. 2. What is the name of the highest court in the US, answer: supreme court. 3 What is the name of the vice-president? answer: Jo Biden, 4. Who passes laws in the US? answer: congress, 5. why did the colonies fight the British, answer: they were staying in their homes and bad economic situation. 6. oh man I forgot the question, loooool! but I answered it correctly. Then he congratulated me for passing the test and told me he will recommend me for citizenship. He stamped the N-400 application with a huge "APPROVED" on it. I signed the application and printed my name. I also signed the 2 photos attached with N-400 application. After that, he gave me form N-652 saying that I passed and printed a paper that had my name and other related information on it to check for accuracy. Everything was accurate and I put my initials on it. This information will be used to make your citizenship certificare. During the interview he did not ask me for any documents. He did not even look at my passports either. He quickly glanced over the documents attached with the application. He did not request any documents from me whatsoever. At the end, He informed me that the oath ceremony for San Diego will be on May 19, 2010 and I will get my oath letter in the mail in about two weeks. I was in and out in 15 minutes. I was very prepared and had lots of documentation but did not need them. It was a smooth interview. Do not stress about it. good luck. Next is the oath letter. If you have questions, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received interview letters today.. See signature for dates.
Me too.
I was not checked case status online from the end of last week, was relying on email/SMS alerts, so I don't know an exact case transfer date. Today I have 4/27/10 LUD and IL in mail box. No any alerts were received.

I updated only February tab in the attached file:

...I just came back from my interview...
I was in and out in 15 minutes. I was very prepared and had lots of documentation but did not need them. It was a smooth interview. Do not stress about it. good luck. Next is the oath letter. If you have questions, please let me know.
Congrats, mobadda! I wish you to get OL very soon.:)

Citizenship Timeline
DO SAN DIEGO, CA
1/13/2005 LPR
2/4/2010 Sent N-400 Application To Phoenix Lockbox (certified mail and tracking number)
2/8/2010 N-400 Delivered To Phoenix Lockbox
2/12/2010 Received Certified Mail Return Receipt From USCIS
2/12/2010 Check Cashed ($675.00)
2/12/2010 Priority Date Per NOA
2/20/2010 Received USCIS Receipt NOA I-797C
3/18/2010 Received SMS and E-mail at 1:34 a.m., Case Transferred For Standard Interview
3/19/2010 Received Interview Notice Letter (PD rolled back to 02/08/2010)
4/26/2010 Interview Date ( I passed!)
XX/XX/2010 Received Oath Ceremony Letter
XX/XX/2010 Oath Ceremony Date
XX/XX/2010 Applied For US Passport
XX/XX/2010 Received US Passport

I want to clear something up. I did not do a finger print for my N-400 application. The reason is because I just got my green card last february 2010 after extensive background check and multiple finger prints!. So when I submitted my N-400 application, they had the most up to date finger print and background check. Therefore, there was no need for another finger print. My on-line status changed from initial review to interview and testing directly and skipped the RFE stage.

I want to clear something up. I did not do a finger print for my N-400 application. The reason is because I just got my green card last february 2010 after extensive background check and multiple finger prints!. So when I submitted my N-400 application, they had the most up to date finger print and background check. Therefore, there was no need for another finger print. My on-line status changed from initial review to interview and testing directly and skipped the RFE stage.

Did they still charge you the 80 bucks for biometrics fee? Ideally, they should not. Similar to your case, my wife also did her FP in Feb. 2010 as part of filing for replacement GC, but they still made her go through another FP in March for N-400 filing. Interestingly, she has had her FP done in Jan. (at port of entry by immigration), in Feb. for GC replacement and in March for N-400 (hopefully the last time as I dont think they do it for US Citizens at port of entry).

Similar to your case, my wife also did her FP in Feb. 2010 as part of filing for replacement GC, but they still made her go through another FP in March for N-400 filing.

Why did she renew her GC? Did DO refuse to provide her a temporary stamp in passport?

I updated only February tab in the attached file:

Thanks VYLE.

Here is the updated tracker. I have updated both Feb and March with all updates since I last updated.
I will upload the next updated tracker end of this week.