2010 February N-400 Tracker

I got my interview letter last week and Interview is scheduled for by the end of April.

I got my Prermanent Resident card in 2003 based on marriage to USC and was divorced in 2006. I am applying based on 5 Years of Permanent Resident. Did Anybody has this kind of situation and had gone for the interview. If anyone has will you please share your experience. Does the Interviewing officer asks many questions about the divorce? Will that affect my application for N-400 although i am applying based on 5 yrs of Residency. Anybody's interview experience or some inputs w.r.t. how to deal with it, will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I got my interview letter last week and Interview is scheduled for by the end of April.

I got my Prermanent Resident card in 2003 based on marriage to USC and was divorced in 2006. I am applying based on 5 Years of Permanent Resident. Did Anybody has this kind of situation and had gone for the interview. If anyone has will you please share your experience. Does the Interviewing officer asks many questions about the divorce? Will that affect my application for N-400 although i am applying based on 5 yrs of Residency. Anybody's interview experience or some inputs w.r.t. how to deal with it, will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Actually I am in the same boat. I am divorced but applying based on 5 year residency. I have an interview on April, 26, 2010. I hope he does not ask too many questions. I will let you know. If anybody knows please share with us.

Update: This morning I got a text message that the application had been transferred to the local office for an interview.

DO: Washington, DC
LPR from: 04/24/2005

02/05/2010 Sent N-400 using usps priority mail
02/07/2010 N-400 recd @ Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
02/10/2010 Check cashed
02/10/2010 PD
02/15/2010 NOA
02/24/10 RFE notice sent (txt/email 02/26/10)
03/02/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 03/10/2010)
03/10/2010 FP done
04/01/2010 YL recd (mailed 3/26)
04/16/2010 Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

I want to thank everyone on this forum we became US citizen today, we ended our (me and wife) immigration journey which started 14 years back. Citizenship process is very simple and straight forward compare to GC, Our interview was scheduled for 9:50am and we both are called around 10:10am and within 10 min we both are out of office , i was asked 6 questions from list provided and after interview i was asked do u want to take oath today, i said yes.
I sincerely want to thank everyone who provided information and help. Good luck in ur journey

I want to thank everyone on this forum we became US citizen today, we ended our (me and wife) immigration journey which started 14 years back. Citizenship process is very simple and straight forward compare to GC, Our interview was scheduled for 9:50am and we both are called around 10:10am and within 10 min we both are out of office , i was asked 6 questions from list provided and after interview i was asked do u want to take oath today, i said yes.
I sincerely want to thank everyone who provided information and help. Good luck in ur journey

Congrats. I am in the same DO. Can you tell me if they asked you about traffic citations and also about your employment history?

He just asked standard questions what i answered in my form, When he asked did u ever arrested - NO,then any citations - Yes . i was about to show my documents he said he already have those and fine with that (i included with my initial forms all tickets and court disposition certificates) . he asked do u still work at XXXXX - Yes . thats it

He just asked standard questions what i answered in my form, When he asked did u ever arrested - NO,then any citations - Yes . i was about to show my documents he said he already have those and fine with that (i included with my initial forms all tickets and court disposition certificates) . he asked do u still work at XXXXX - Yes . thats it

congrats, that was fast..................
ur the first one in our feb filer's group.......................congrats again

Congrats!! All the best with the new journey.

Updated: Interview Date

DO: Washington, DC
LPR from: 04/24/2005

02/05/2010 Sent N-400 using usps priority mail
02/07/2010 N-400 recd @ Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
02/10/2010 Check cashed
02/10/2010 PD
02/15/2010 NOA
02/24/10 RFE notice sent (txt/email 02/26/10)
03/02/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 03/10/2010)
03/10/2010 FP done
04/01/2010 YL recd (mailed 3/26)
04/16/2010 Transferred to local office
04/19/2010 IL received
05/19/2010 ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

Finally, my case got "touched" and the online status changed to "Testing and Interview"!!!! :D Didn't get an e-mail alert for some reason, even though it is enabled. I did get a text message. Now waiting for the IL!!! :)

Finally, my case got "touched" and the online status changed to "Testing and Interview"!!!! :D Didn't get an e-mail alert for some reason, even though it is enabled. I did get a text message. Now waiting for the IL!!! :)

Congrats....... Hope you get your IL soon.

My Interview April 19th

All went well- friendly officer who got even friendlier when he saw my job profile. Asked standard questions:
1) Name of the National Anthem
2) What happened on Sept 11th 2001
2) What do the 13 stripes stand for on the flag
4) What is the Rule of LAw

And 2 more

Went through the application

Asked to read- How many senators are there in the US Senate.
Asked to Write There are one Hundred senators.

Then, the bummer. My GC is dated April 22nd, so he said he can't approve the application on April 19th :-(( He tried to call his supervisors several times, but they'd all left (it was around 3:30pm). So he gave me a paper saying that I had passed the interview was recommended for citizenship. Now I have to wait for an approval letter and an oath letter.

Am so bummed that I missed the April 23rd oath date- wonder when the next one is going to be.

But all in all, not a bad experience at all.

Online status changed to - testing and interview.

Cleveland, OH
02/22 :N400 Mailed to Nebrasca.
02/25 : Received at NSC.
03/09 : FP done
03/11 : NOA
04/21: LUD Case transferred to local office for interview scheduling.
xx/xx: Interview Letter received
xx/xx: Interview scheduled

All went well- friendly officer who got even friendlier when he saw my job profile. Asked standard questions:
1) Name of the National Anthem
2) What happened on Sept 11th 2001
2) What do the 13 stripes stand for on the flag
4) What is the Rule of LAw

And 2 more

Went through the application

Asked to read- How many senators are there in the US Senate.
Asked to Write There are one Hundred senators.

Then, the bummer. My GC is dated April 22nd, so he said he can't approve the application on April 19th :-(( He tried to call his supervisors several times, but they'd all left (it was around 3:30pm). So he gave me a paper saying that I had passed the interview was recommended for citizenship. Now I have to wait for an approval letter and an oath letter.

Am so bummed that I missed the April 23rd oath date- wonder when the next one is going to be.

But all in all, not a bad experience at all.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. Hope the OL will come soon.