2010 February N-400 Tracker

After a 5 weeks wait after receiving the yellow letter, finally i get the interview letter for June 11th. Most probably they will give me a OD for the fourth of july!

Great news to start a new week and a new month with! Congrats, Sreeleshk!!!!!
When was your case transferred? It seems I was right in my prediction.... :
...BTW my IL was mailed and an envelope was stamped on April 23, so yours letters probably on their ways already....

...I really believe your cases will be transferred very soon

Upandwaiting, you have no other choices now - you must be the next one. :)

thnx, interview is at garden city office ..... keep me posted on ur updates ....gl

Great! I will update as soon as I receive it.

Great news to start a new week and a new month with! Congrats, Sreeleshk!!!!!
When was your case transferred? It seems I was right in my prediction.... :

Yeah I am curious about it too.

Upandwaiting, you have no other choices now - you must be the next one. :)

VYLE, thank you! I hope so. It has to come eventually.

(Posted this in the Main Forum but no replies thus far)

Early Walk-in for Fingerprinting at San Jose ASC:

Need to find out if San Jose - ASC accepts walk-ins for fingerprinting? Has anybody tried this out and any suggestions about the time of the day, etc.

My appointment is 3 weeks from now and I was contemplating of doing an early walk-in. Unfortunately, I can only do it on Friday or Saturday. Is a particular time or day better?

Kindly share your experiences and recommendations.

Thnaks alot David and vyle. i was thinking that this was going to take for ever. any way i see light at the end of the tunnel now. hope things go well with the interview as i am basing mine on the 4years and 1 day rule and i had a couple of 4 month trips....

i was thinking that this was going to take for ever. any way i see light at the end of the tunnel now. hope things go well with the interview as i am basing mine on the 4years and 1 day rule and i had a couple of 4 month trips....

Good luck with the interview.

Well I am thinking it is taking forever. At least the tracker helps to see that things are moving. I am not seeing the light at the other end of tunnel. Called USCIS today and was told to wait for another four weeks. Grrrrr....

Had my interview this past Monday and got recommendation for approval :)
The IO said I will get the oath letter in two weeks.

Citizenship Timeline
DO SAN DIEGO, CA
1/13/2005 LPR
2/4/2010 Sent N-400 Application To Phoenix Lockbox (certified mail and tracking number)
2/8/2010 N-400 Delivered To Phoenix Lockbox
2/12/2010 Received Certified Mail Return Receipt From USCIS
2/12/2010 Check Cashed ($675.00)
2/12/2010 Priority Date Per NOA
2/20/2010 Received USCIS Receipt NOA I-797C
3/18/2010 Received SMS and E-mail at 1:34 a.m., Case Transferred For Standard Interview
3/19/2010 Received Interview Notice Letter (PD rolled back to 02/08/2010)
4/26/2010 Interview Date ( I passed!)
5/8/2010 Received Oath Ceremony Letter
5/19/2010 Oath Ceremony Date
XX/XX/2010 Applied For US Passport
XX/XX/2010 Received US Passport

I got the N-445 (Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony) today. I am almost there. Good luck to everyone. Time from start to finish =104 days!

Congrats, mobadda and charger! Good luck to you, and, please, keep posting your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers all the way my friend. I am a die hard chargers fan. They have no luck though loooooooooooooooooooool. THX FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please update the following information for me...It looks like I was the first one to become a citizen for the class of feb, 2010...lol

DO: Dallas, Tx
01/31/2001LPR

02/03/2010 N-400 Mailed to TX
02/08/2010 N-400 recd @ Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
02/08/2010 PD
02/11/2010 Check cashed
02/15/2010 Receipt recd with NBC number
02/27/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 03/10/2010)
03/03/2010 FP done
03/13/2010 Transferred to local office
03/20/2010 IL received
04/23/2010 ID
04/23/2010 OD
04/28/2010 Applied for Passport and Passport Card
05/05/2010 Passport Issued
05/07/2010 Passport Arrived
05/08/2010 Certficate of Citizenship Returned

Back from interview

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to report that I had my interview this morning and was recommended for approval. I had disclosed 3 minor traffic tickets (no DUI, < $500 fine) on my N-400, so I had answered 'yes' just to Part 10.D.16. The IO said that since those were crimes, I had to answer yes to 17 and 18 as well. The IO went on and on about how traffic violations are also crimes. Anyway, I didn't argue much, and my application was recommended for approval anyway, but I thought this was interesting with all the usual debate going on in this forum regarding traffic tickets. The IO said that 'everyone makes the same mistake'. Also, when I was given the civics test, I was given a list of 10 questions and was told to pick 6 and answer them in writing. That was unusual, I thought.

I had lots of documents prepared (as per the recommended list in the sticky) but was only asked for passports, GC, and DL.

Well, my journey is almost over. Now I can relax while I wait for the Oath letter.

Good luck to all!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to report that I had my interview this morning and was recommended for approval. I had disclosed 3 minor traffic tickets (no DUI, < $500 fine) on my N-400, so I had answered 'yes' just to Part 10.D.16. The IO said that since those were crimes, I had to answer yes to 17 and 18 as well. The IO went on and on about how traffic violations are also crimes. Anyway, I didn't argue much, and my application was recommended for approval anyway, but I thought this was interesting with all the usual debate going on in this forum regarding traffic tickets. The IO said that 'everyone makes the same mistake'. Also, when I was given the civics test, I was given a list of 10 questions and was told to pick 6 and answer them in writing. That was unusual, I thought.

I had lots of documents prepared (as per the recommended list in the sticky) but was only asked for passports, GC, and DL.

Well, my journey is almost over. Now I can relax while I wait for the Oath letter.

Good luck to all!

Congrats ......

That was certainly an interesting interview you had.... I too checked only Part 10, D, 16. I didn't check 17 and 18.

I never knew regular traffic tickets are crimes..... I thought only if its DUI or something of similar nature.
Is it really a crime?

And thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Congrats, WaitingInOK! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Here is an updated traker. We have 8 interviews during this week! Good luck to all, who will have their interviews.

Thanks, VYLE. Good luck to all with interviews this week.

Guys - Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my citizenship yesterday. I was actually very nervous but the whole interview process was very smooth and people at the office were very professional. I also want to thank everyone in this forum who take thier time to help others with questions\concerns.

My interview was schduled at 9 am in morning, was asked to present GC, driving license and existing passport. Then the officer went line by line of N400, asking the all the questions on it. Then she took my civic test and since I answered all six questions correctly, she did not proceed further. She has a list of 10 questions. Then she asked me to read one line and write one line. After that she told me she is putting me for 3pm oath ceremony in the afternoon.

I was not asked any other document but I would say take original copy of your birth certificate with you just in case. I saw the officer verifying N400 information with my birth certificate which she already had.

Weather was cold and rainy outside but I didnt care due to all the excitement. Oath ceremony took around 1 hour and we got the certificate. One thing I noted is I was not asked to sign on the pictures by the officer who took my interview and the certificate I received did not have the signature on my photograph obviously. I checked with other person at the oath ceremony and he too did not have his signature on his picture. We were just asked at the oath ceremony to sign our complete name after taking the certificate home.

Here is my timeline.
02/24 - Priority Date
03/25 - FP Done
04/02 - Interview Letter Recvd
05/11 - Interview Date
05/11 - Oath Date

Good luck to all who are waiting for thier citizenship and I wish you all the best. Thanks again to everyone, this forum is the best.