2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

Cross-chargeability

If you are the primary applicant of the GC born in one of those visa retrogression affected countries ( India, China etc., ) and your spouse was born in one of those countries that are not affected by visa retrogression ( UK etc.,) then you can file under his/her country quota and a visa number will be provided for you though you belong to EB3.

Rasi

Cross Chargeability

vermont-buddy said:
Hi Kedzone,
Congratulations.
Just a quick question - What does" (Cross-chargeability to UK)" mean?
Yes --------- I am new in this forum.

Thanks

VB

Hello VB,nato and endless_story,

Thank you.
Cross chargeability basically means any primary applicant can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently based on his/her spouse's (secondary applicant's) country of birth. Very Important: The person has to be a citizen BY BIRTH ONLY ( atleast thats what I found after reading a lot of forums).
This comes in handy in case of visa unavailablity of high traffic countries like India,Mexico and China.
But the most important thing to note is that the cross charged country should have Visa available also (in my case it was UK).

Luckily I made sure I sent my appl. on June 28 and VSC recd. it on June 29.
Technically in June, visa's were still available, so this should have been the cut-off date, if you ask me.
My lawyer did not even suggest about this :mad: , but I did some research on immigration.com forums and other sites and came to know about it just in time.

Endless_story, you should ask your lawyer about the rejection. What was the country of cross-chargeability? Did you check in the June bulletin, if that country had Visa availability?
In my opinion, the application should not have been rejected, but then I am not in the best person to comment on this.

Hope this helps.

kedzone.

Last edited by a moderator:
canada. It was current at that time. We filed on 29th.
Lawyer is saying they did not accept because it is last day. Will they accept any explanation or additional info now since, my application did reach before the visa became unavailable for canada?

Thanks,
Sudha

kedzone said:
Hello VB,nato and endless_story,

Thank you.
Cross chargeability basically means any primary applicant can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently based on his/her spouse's (secondary applicant's) country of birth. Very Important: The person has to be a citizen BY BIRTH ONLY ( atleast thats what I found after reading a lot of forums).
This comes in handy in case of visa unavailablity of high traffic countries like India,Mexico and China.
But the most important thing to note is that the cross charged country should have Visa available also (in my case it was UK).

Luckily I made sure I sent my appl. on June 28 and VSC recd. it on June 29.
Technically in June, visa's were still available, so this should have been the cut-off date, if you ask me.
My lawyer did not even suggest about this :mad: , but I did some research on immigration.com forums and other sites and came to know about it just in time.

Endless_story, you should ask your lawyer about the rejection. What was the country of cross-chargeability? Did you check in the June bulletin, if that country had Visa availability?
In my opinion, the application should not have been rejected, but then I am not in the best person to comment on this.

Hope this helps.

kedzone.

endless_story said:
Lawyer is saying they did not accept because it is last day. Will they accept any explanation or additional info now since, my application did reach before the visa became unavailable for canada?

Thanks,
Sudha

Sudha,

If you mailed your application on June 29, it should have reached them on June 30. Was the package sent via FedEx/UPS or USPS?
I had sent my papers via UPS overnite.
I think if there is a way to appeal, then your lawyer should try that possiblity, though I am not sure if it can be done (I am not a lawyer).
Donno what else I can suggest.
Good luck.

kedzone

application submitted on last day were accepted, your lawyer messed you up sue him

ask tracking number and get evidence that it didn't reach on time, yet better change your lawyer at this time, else you don't know what is in store there are many more things to come yet, right now you just lost 3 months later donw the road you may loose much more. btw were you born in canada, how is it in canada, landed PR/Citizen can't charge to canada
endless_story said:

Thanks,
Sudha

Has there been any I485 approval from VSC?

I saw a lot of guys got there I140 approved, congrats to them, but none 485.

Mine and spouse's were filed in April, did FP early July, FP result recv'd mid July, and no update ever since. :mad:

VSC-I-140*485 concurrent filling (EB2)

Hi all,

Just wanted to inform you about my concurrent filling.

EB2

Self:
EAD : RD 8/18/05, ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05, 9/9/05, 9/12/2005) AD (9/12/2005)

AP : RD 8/18/05, ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05)
140 : RD 8/18/05, ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05)
1485: RD (8/18/05), ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05), FP (9/14/05)

Spouse:
EAD : RD 8/18/05, ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05, 9/9/05, 9/12/2005) ) AD (9/12/2005)
AP : RD 8/18/05, ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05)
1485: RD (8/18/05), ND (8/23/05), LUD (8/26/05), FP (9/14/05)

Looks like VSC is working very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is happening guys

There are hardly approvals lately seen for Eb3 category.
Whats going on with VSC.
Are they getting ready for concurrent adjudjication of 485/140 after Oct visa bulletin.

thanks

Sure, that is what it looks like..

babyluck said:
There are hardly approvals lately seen for Eb3 category.
Whats going on with VSC.
Are they getting ready for concurrent adjudjication of 485/140 after Oct visa bulletin.

thanks

Filed I-140, Is there a number to track

Hi,
My Lawyer, just filed my I-140, will there be any number or Recepit number to track my application, THat i will get frm DOL ?

Cheesr,

You and/or your Lawyer will receive EAC numbers for your applications , followed by finger priniting notice.

Just received 140 notice

Just received the 140 Notice from VSC for sub labor.
Eagerly waiting for October bulletin to see if I am eligible to file 485 next month.

Hey Guyz,

I have filed for I-140/I-485 on 08/30 and till date there has been no LUD on my account. Do you think thats strange ?

defrag said:
Guys,

MY EAD has been approved. See signature ..

Hey defrag,

Congrats! my friend.
I have one question for you. How many approved AP copy's you received. I did received 3 approved copy's. Is that strange or normal?