2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

2005 FEB filed case - No update on I140

I did not see any changes for the I140 dates in the site. It is March 19th since 2 months. Can anyone reply with there updates if they have a filed during the same time. Can anyone tell what is happening..

Case Type:
EB2 VSC Labor Substitute Case
140/485/EAD/AP Concurrent filing

Case Start:
140/485/EAD/AP RD: 02/18/05
140/485/EAD/AP ND: 02/25/05

Approval Dates:
EAD,AP are approved for my wife in march.
FP Done:04/21/05

Pending:
140 LUD: 03/03/2005
485 LUD:5/03/05 (Recd FP results)

Time taken to recieve reciept notice

Hi everybody in the forum,
Can any of you tell how many days will it take (generally on average) to recieve the reciept notices for I-140 and 485 application from the vermont center, since we mail them.
It has been 10 days and there is no sign of reciept notice or even my checks being cashed by USCIS.
thanks

vc_gc said:
Hi everybody in the forum,
Can any of you tell how many days will it take (generally on average) to recieve the reciept notices for I-140 and 485 application from the vermont center, since we mail them.
It has been 10 days and there is no sign of reciept notice or even my checks being cashed by USCIS.
thanks

In my case it took 3 weeks from mailing ....

2005 filing at VSC question...please help

:( :( Hello guys, :( :( :eek: :eek:
Here is our information:
I-140/485/EAD/AP (RD:05/17/2005 ND:05/20/2005)
FP done : 06/09/2005

No case status updates since then and no EAD approval yet even though they say they are processing EAD dates of 05/21/2005.

Does anyone know what is going on and why no updates after FP and why no EAD approval yet?????? :( :(

Checks cleared

Hi Gcnow_2005,
Thanks for the reply, I was waiting for my three weeks to go by and indeed on 21st day my checks sent to USCIS were cleared. I don't think my lawyer recieved any reciept notices yet, but the USCIS tracking says they mailed them on 19th.

If my checks are cleared does that mean everything is o.k and alright with my application documentation. How many days did it take for you to get EAD after RD.

Thanks in advance

I filed around same time ND: Feb25th

Hi immi05,
I have filed my I140/485(Sub EB2) on the Feb 18rd. I got my wife's EAD and AP. I am waiting for my I140. Can you update your case.

Case Type:
EB2 VSC Labor Substitute Case
140/485/EAD/AP Concurrent filing

Case Start:
140/485/EAD/AP RD: 02/18/05
140/485/EAD/AP ND: 02/25/05

Approval Dates:
EAD,AP are approved for my wife in march.
FP Done:04/21/05

Pending:
140 LUD: 03/03/2005
485 LUD:5/03/05 (Recd FP results)

immi05 said:
Hi Friends,

My I-140/485/EAD/AP filed on Feb 23rd, 2005 in EB2 (Substitute) category. I went to local office two weeks ago for interim EAD and Local INS People told that all My applications are on ‘Process HOLD’. Then I called VSC as it has been 90 days after I filed EAD and VSC People told that they did not see any problem with any one of My applications and opened a enquiry too. And they (VSC People) also advised to go to local office to get interim EAD.

I went to local office on 10th morning and once again Memphis Local INS People told me that all my applications put on ‘ON HOLD’ on March 4th, 2005.

Can any please? Suggest me what does it mean? What needs to be done? Is it good idea to call VSC again and have his lawyer to follow up on this?

140 approved

My I140 got approved. It was filed on eb3 on April22 2005.
My 485 was filed on June end on Eb3. FP done. Wait for approval.

vc_gc said:
Hi Gcnow_2005,
Thanks for the reply, I was waiting for my three weeks to go by and indeed on 21st day my checks sent to USCIS were cleared. I don't think my lawyer recieved any reciept notices yet, but the USCIS tracking says they mailed them on 19th.

If my checks are cleared does that mean everything is o.k and alright with my application documentation. How many days did it take for you to get EAD after RD.

Thanks in advance

about 30 days from RD

EB-2, Appproved/Substitute Labor - priority date 12/2001, I-140 filed on Jul 15th

Immigration experts!
What does this mean? Any comments on why my attorney advised me to file I-485 after I-140 approval...in 2-3 months! instead of concurrent filing.
Is it true that given my case, I-140 will be approved in 2-3 months!!

InGCTrap!

InGCTrap said:
Immigration experts!
What does this mean? Any comments on why my attorney advised me to file I-485 after I-140 approval...in 2-3 months! instead of concurrent filing.
Is it true that given my case, I-140 will be approved in 2-3 months!!

InGCTrap!
IMHO, no specific reason related to immigration, may be your employer want to keep you longer.
You can file 485 at any time and I think the best time is now. There is a rumor (just rumor) that EB2 may also retrogress, so file 485 ASAP.

Is VSC processing EB3 GC applications applied in June?

Hello,

My application was filed at VSC in June 2005.
EB3 Concurrent filing (Cross chargeability to UK - in the hope of getting around this EB3 visa availability issue :mad: )
I-140/485/EAD/AP (Self and Spouse)
RD: 29 June 2005
ND: 11 July 2005

Does anyone know how long it takes for I-140 approval?
Is there anyone who had used Cross Chargeability?
Also, will the cross chargeability help in any way?

Regards,

kedzone

Does Any one did get a receipt for the I140/485 filing in the first week of july , is vermont processing is going slow , i am still waiting , checks are not deposited yet? any idea how long it takes

RD 07/11/2005

Many Thanks

General FP question

swas said:
My I140 got approved. It was filed on eb3 on April22 2005.
My 485 was filed on June end on Eb3. FP done. Wait for approval.

Hey Swas and Gurus,

I have a general question on FP. How many times they'll take our FP?
Please let me know.

cdian said:
Does Any one did get a receipt for the I140/485 filing in the first week of july , is vermont processing is going slow , i am still waiting , checks are not deposited yet? any idea how long it takes

RD 07/11/2005

Many Thanks

cdian,

Your RD is same as mine. My checks got cleared in last week and got receipts too...As per my experience it will take 15 to 25 days to get these done...I hope yours will be cleared in this week.

I-140 got approved

RD Date - Msy 15 , 2005
ND Date - May 20 , 2005
Approval Date - July 30 2005
EB2 category

Still I am waiting for the receipt date , are you filed in Eb3 or Eb2?
i dont understand , for the receipt why it is taking long time, its now almost 25 days..

LaborBadhi said:
cdian,

Your RD is same as mine. My checks got cleared in last week and got receipts too...As per my experience it will take 15 to 25 days to get these done...I hope yours will be cleared in this week.

cdian said:
i dont understand , for the receipt why it is taking long time, its now almost 25 days..

I filed under EB2.

cdian said:

Cdian.
It took almost a month for me.