2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

congrats.....for your success

Jay Sing,

I noticed some time back that your 140 denied ?
Did you get decission from AAU?

Can you post your case details.
PD, filled 140 RD/ND/AD, 485 ND/RD/AD.
any chance did you use subtitution agan?

thank,
Anitha

jaisingh said:
My 485 is approved ....priority date was June 2000.... Thanks for everyone who shared information with me ......
Special thanks to users .... Sahithi and United nations.

Once again thanks to everyone

foret,
We have similar cases. My LC was filed in Oct 2001, got the approval in Oct 2005, filed immediately for I-140 and got approved in Dec 2005. Since then, I'm just waiting...and waiting for my turn to come (I'm an EB3 Other-Countries). Spoke to my lawyer to figure out my options and she told me that if I were to leave my current employer for a new company, they could file me using a PERM/EB2 combo which should (hum..) go much faster (3 to 6 months for PERM + I-140+ I-485 with current dates).
At this stage, I feel like I'm back to square one, i.e waiting behind a whole bunch of sect. 245 cases and praying that a miracle happens. With all the uncertainty sourrounding the GC process, I'm just not sure that starting a new EB2 case would make me feel better. Who knows ? Maybe PERM would get backloged, maybe EB2 cases would have a cut-off date by the time I reach that stage.
Therefore, I've decided (at least for now) to just sit tight and wait for better days :rolleyes:

I-485 Approved!

Today I received an email from USCIS which says my 1-485 application was approved on 04/14/06.

Hopefully this is encouraging news for people in the 485 queue with older priority dates, especially from countries effected by retrogression.

Please find other details in my signature below.

Cheers!

Rajel,

I think I'm also in the similar situation. My PD is December 2001, passed labor in December 2005, waiting for my I-140 to clear, and, hopefully, apply soon for I-485 (EB-3 - other countries). I can't even vaguely predict when will our numbers become current, and what about people from 2002, 2003, 2004 and so on...

What I'm actually frustrated the most about is that, within the new immigration bill to legalize illegals, there is little to none mention of us, people legally trying to stay in this country, going trough hell because some of this country's instritutions are bureacratically challenged. After all the talks in the media, I'm still not sure if the provisions to raise visa quotas for legal immigrant were part (i think they were, but not sure) of that new bill (that didn't even go through). I'm actually surprised that we didn't lobby more for separation of the two bills. This way, we continue to suffer (it seems) because the congress couldn't agree whether to legalize 12 million illegals

congratulations

SKIP said:
Today I received an email from USCIS which says my 1-485 application was approved on 04/14/06.

Hopefully this is encouraging news for people in the 485 queue with older priority dates, especially from countries effected by retrogression.

Cheers!

Congratulations Skip.
Let your hair loose.

This is very encouraging news.

SKIP said:

Cheers!

Congrats SKIP....

spidey and kodak57, you are right i don't have anything to loose. i will get in touch with a good lawyer and try my luck....

thanks again all of you that responded!!!!!

spidey said:
foret1

My understanding is that experience should be gained prior to labor application and NOT prior to starting with company.

You should be able to do this. Why dont you pay a couple of hundred dollars as consulting fees to someone like Mr. Rajiv Khanna and solicit his professional advice. You can setup a phone consult by calling a number on his home page.

Good Luck, I hope I am getting near

Congratulations to SKIP and Jaisingh.

I hope I am getting near by...Is that correct?

Is PKKumar around...I think and I and He have similar signatures.

Thanks

SKIP said:

Cheers!

Rajel

you are right that it's quite possible that perm could be backloged and eb2 could get cut a off date by the time you reach that stage. but hey it's also quite possible that it might not. it's all a game, and as many advised in this forum, what do we have to loose by trying. even if i loose, i would feel much better knowing that i at least tried. i can't stop asking myself the following: what if i had done this 7 months ago when i got the 140 for my eb3 approved back in oct 2005 instead of waiting all this time for a miracle?

Rajel said:
foret,
We have similar cases. My LC was filed in Oct 2001, got the approval in Oct 2005, filed immediately for I-140 and got approved in Dec 2005. Since then, I'm just waiting...and waiting for my turn to come (I'm an EB3 Other-Countries). Spoke to my lawyer to figure out my options and she told me that if I were to leave my current employer for a new company, they could file me using a PERM/EB2 combo which should (hum..) go much faster (3 to 6 months for PERM + I-140+ I-485 with current dates).
At this stage, I feel like I'm back to square one, i.e waiting behind a whole bunch of sect. 245 cases and praying that a miracle happens. With all the uncertainty sourrounding the GC process, I'm just not sure that starting a new EB2 case would make me feel better. Who knows ? Maybe PERM would get backloged, maybe EB2 cases would have a cut-off date by the time I reach that stage.
Therefore, I've decided (at least for now) to just sit tight and wait for better days :rolleyes:

rajel

rajel,
by the way, i forgot to mention that what i am hoping to do is to file a new lc with eb2 through perm with the same company. not with a different company as your lawyer is advising.
i am eb3 other countries too...

Rajel said:
foret,

Hello anitha,
Yes we refiled our 140 again .. yes that is subs labor.

A0001 said:
Jay Sing,

I noticed some time back that your 140 denied ?
Did you get decission from AAU?

Can you post your case details.
PD, filled 140 RD/ND/AD, 485 ND/RD/AD.
any chance did you use subtitution agan?

thank,
Anitha

whatheheck said:
My attorney says that it will take another 18 months before retrogress date for EB3 India move to Jan' 2002. This news is very disturbing. I don't know if i have to wait for another 18 months to apply I-485. I hope and pray that he is wrong.

Anyone has any news related to retrogress. Read today's Murthy.com's news update. DOL also predicts slow or no movement at all for EB3 in the future. :mad:

US is in process of revamping the immigration system & procedures. That is the reason why they have :

1) Implemented PERM
2) Implemented bi-specialization
3) Eliminated subs labor

The overall objective is to bring down the time taken for processing employement based GCs to 1 year. The 'Immigration Reform Bill' was supposed to take care of the visa number retrogression issue amongst other things. It got stalled because of the issue of illegal immigrants. BUT there is a very high change , IMO , that the provisions related to visa number retrogression may pull through. Otherwise it will be immposible to process GC in 1 year. Both PERM and BPC are approving cases at quite a brisk rate. Just think , people who have applied under PERM in NOV-2005 have got their labor approved. They will have to wait for 4 years as per the current cut-off dates for EB3. I am sure there will be some reform in the pipeline to address the retro of visa number issue. We just need to wait and pray.

finally 140 is approved

Friends,

Just want to share the good news with you guys that, My I-140 is approved in 1st week of April.

Thanks a lot for some of friends who is so concerned about my I-140. I haven't logged into this portal since Dec '2005. Just today I saw those friends private messages. Thanks! again guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delay in geting receipt Notice for 485???

Guys,
My lawyer has told me that my 485 ,ead and AP has been filed on 04/05/06. but It has been more than 10 days and I have not received the receipt notice and also, i have not seen the fee cheques deposited either.
For I 140, the cheque was deposited within couple of days after filing??.
Is it something going on here or the delay is due to Bi-spec??
do you guys have any clues about what is going with vsc??

thanks gurus..

CAN THIS BE TRUE???
I got an EMAIL SAYING that my 140 is approved as of Apr 17th 2006.
I checked online today-APRIL 18TH .. it is TRUE!!!!!

could this be some mail server replication error... I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE..... rather its JUST TOO MUCH TRUE to BELIEVE

remember mine was a Labor Sub with a COPY.

CHICHHU hope you will get urs very soon.

Ajaks

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! That's great news! BTW: are you having trouble accessing the online system. I cannot check the status online for the last 2 days for some reason. The moment I click on login, i get an error message. Is anyone having the same problem. I am having this problem, accessing it from work and home

LaborBadhi said:
Friends,

Just want to share the good news with you guys that, My I-140 is approved in 1st week of April.

Thanks a lot for some of friends who is so concerned about my I-140. I haven't logged into this portal since Dec '2005. Just today I saw those friends private messages. Thanks! again guys.

I140 message - transferred to Lincoln, NE

FYI...I got an automated case update for my I140 filed in Jan 06. The email stated that my case has been moved to an office in Lincoln, NE for processing. I work in Maryland.