2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

HK_HR said:
Thanx A0001.

So as per your response :

1) If I loose my job in future or if my company shuts down , my GC will not be impacted. All i need to do is to transfer my H1b to a new company...right ? I was under the impression that I can just join a new company using my EAD and keep my GC process going ...is this not true ?

[MD2001] Since your 140 is approved there is very little chance that your 485 will have problems but H1 extension for three yrs is a good backup option.

2) If my I485 gets rejected , the extended H1B visa ( for 3 years ) will not be impacted. So , I can transfer my H1B visa to a new company and maintain my legal working status...right?

[MD2001] If you want to maintain your H1 status then you have to transfer it when you leave the current company as they are legally bound to terminate your H1.

You may face problems (even though possible) if you want to extend later when your 485 gets rejected. you might be forced to go to India for a fresh stamping as they don't issue i-94 if there is lot of gap between the transfers.

Sit and think about this:
1. Since your PD is Aug 2004, it definitely takes while for your PD to be current, that means there is no problem for getting EADs/APs.

2. See whether your H1 extension for three years is really serving the purpose. If you join a good employer for longer time then there won't be any issue, otherwise you have to bear h1 transfer fees each time if u work for a consulting company, they might not pay since you have EAD.

2. Keep an eye on the immi reform bills that are going to be introduced in Feb which might give some relief to retrogression.

Need guidance on the following :

1) I have got an approved I140. By APR-2006 my application for 485 will complete 180 days of filing. Should I file for H1B extension under AC21 for the next 3 years ?

[spidey] I DIDN'T. MY 180 DAYS ARE UP IN MARCH. I HAVE EAD.

2) Since I have got EAD , does it make sense to file for H1B extension ? If Yes , then under what circumstance ?

[spidey] NOT FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. IT WOULD ONLY MAKE SENSE IF YOUR 140 WAS NOT YET APPROVED. OR IF YOU WERE AFRAID OF LOSING YOUR JOB BEFORE APRIL.

3) Does the H1B extended visa become invalid if my 485 gets denied ?

[spidey] YES IF 485 IS DENIED, THERE IS NO FORMAL APPEALS PROCESS AND YOUR H1-B WHICH IS ON THE BASIS ON A PENDING 485 BECOMES IMMEDIATELY INVALID.

My questions may seem elementary , but any help is greatly appreciated.

MY RESPONSES ARE AMATEURISH AT BEST.

HK_HR said:
Thanx A0001.

So as per your response :

1) If I loose my job in future or if my company shuts down , my GC will not be impacted. All i need to do is to transfer my H1b to a new company...right ? I was under the impression that I can just join a new company using my EAD and keep my GC process going ...is this not true ?

2) If my I485 gets rejected , the extended H1B visa ( for 3 years ) will not be impacted. So , I can transfer my H1B visa to a new company and maintain my legal working status...right?

HK_HR.

1. If you want to / need to change jobs in future (after 180 days) then your best bet is always NOT to be dependent on that H1-B. The H1-B buys you nothing after the 140 is approved BUT it puts you in a weaker position as far as negotiating job terms are concerned. We all know this.

2. If your 485 gets rejected the extended H1B is immediately invalid. Also, with approved 140 you wont get 3 yr extension, it'll be 1 yr extension.

I am an amateur. Pls do your own digging, this is how I interpret what I've read...

spidey said:
HK_HR.

1. If you want to / need to change jobs in future (after 180 days) then your best bet is always NOT to be dependent on that H1-B. The H1-B buys you nothing after the 140 is approved BUT it puts you in a weaker position as far as negotiating job terms are concerned. We all know this.

2. If your 485 gets rejected the extended H1B is immediately invalid. Also, with approved 140 you wont get 3 yr extension, it'll be 1 yr extension.

[MD2001] Spidey, I think after 140 approval you can get H1 extension for three years even though the AC21 doesn't say about the 485 filing status but states that 'if the immigration petition (485) is not approvable due to retrogression then you will get H1 extension for 3 years instead of 1 year'.

There are lot of articles on murthy and other uscis memos on this. Did you check this with an attorney.

Thx
MD2001

I am an amateur. Pls do your own digging, this is how I interpret what I've read...

MD2001

Just stuff that I've read at either one of these (I cant remember where):
1. immigration.com
2. murthy.com
3. immigration-law.com
4. shusterman.com

ngusev said:
Mine is for one. Not sure what is so sticky about it.
Ngusev,
Have a question on ur I140. Did the LUD never change after May on your I140 ? Is yours substitution or your own labor ? Isn't it too long that the file is not even touched if May,05 is the last updated date on it.
chicchu

ajakster said:
Kopa.

is ur degree bachelors or masters and is it in comp sci ??
does ur labor say bs+5yrs is acceptable or strictly ms degree

i guess u must resubmit all docs again if u already did
let us know

Ajaks

Thanks Ajaks.

I have Masters but not computer science. The labor says bs+5 yrs.

Thanks

yes, that is correct: i just got my h1b approved this past monday for 3 years because i have 140. so i now have 3 year h1b, but not sure what much good it will do...

MD2001 said:

[MD2001] Spidey, I think after 140 approval you can get H1 extension for three years even though the AC21 doesn't say about the 485 filing status but states that 'if the immigration petition (485) is not approvable due to retrogression then you will get H1 extension for 3 years instead of 1 year'.

There are lot of articles on murthy and other uscis memos on this. Did you check this with an attorney.

Thx
MD2001

did anyone here file with a Sub Labor and also with a copy?

A 140/485 petition was filed before and VSC asked for an RFE.The RFE was right as the candidate did not have qualified education at the time of labor Submission.
So the company sent a letter to withdraw the petition completely.VSC did not get the original labor back.Now they have sent mine with reference to an already submitted petition and quoting the letter reference.

I know it will take ages to get my 140 approval (even without any RFEs) bcos they have to dig up the old labor and then see the case status.
anyone atleast close enough to my case.?? did anyone get approved in this situation? please share ur experiences........................

I have my 6 yrs H1 vaid till sometime 2008.

Ajaks

Yes Mine was a subs labor with a copy .. after intial filing they issued me a RFE for original copy , my laywer send them saying that the file was with them ...... So they took 2 months to trace that and then issued another RFE for A2P and after that was answered they approved that .. total time it took was 6 month s.... Hope this helps you

ajakster said:

A 140/485 petition was filed before and VSC asked for an RFE.The RFE was right as the candidate did not have qualified education at the time of labor Submission.
So the company sent a letter to withdraw the petition completely.VSC did not get the original labor back.Now they have sent mine with reference to an already submitted petition and quoting the letter reference.

I know it will take ages to get my 140 approval (even without any RFEs) bcos they have to dig up the old labor and then see the case status.
anyone atleast close enough to my case.?? did anyone get approved in this situation? please share ur experiences........................

Ajaks

ajakster said:

Ajaks
Hi Ajakster,
Mine is a substitute labor too and a copy. The 140 they applied using that labor originally was withdrawn . The attorney told me that he gave the WAC# of the old withdrawn I140. My case has not even been touched until now- look at my signature. Keep in touch with me please so that I get some idea too
Thanks
chicchu

I-485 approved, EB1-OR, VSC

I posted this yesterday on teh EB1 thread, but here it goes again:

###################################################

Dear All,

Just received multiple emails for the approvals of all family AOS.

Overall history:

(1) Working in big Pharma, New Jersey. Scientist from non-retrogressed country. All processing done by big Lawyers firm hired by employer.

(2) Labor Cert. (Reduction in Recuitment) filed in March 2002. Pending as of May 2005.

(3) I-140 as Outstanding Researcher filed April 4th, 2005, together with AOS and AP/EAD.

(4) AP/EAD approved in three weeks - April, 27th 2005.

(5) FP/Biometrics taken for me and spouse in Newark - May 18th, 2005.

(6) No LUDs after May 19th, 2005.

(7) I-140 approved - October 16th, 2005.

(8) RFE on AOS, asking about the waiver for the two-year foreign residence - which I was not required to (shouldn't they know that already, since I have been an H1-B for more than 5 years??). RFE received November 22nd, 2005.

(9) Response to RFE recieved by USCIS on Dec 18th, 2005.

(10) AP/EAD renewal received by USCIS on January 13th, 2006.

(11) AOS approval e-mails received today - January 20th, 2006.

What a relief...

Awaiting the upcoming notices to change to ...cards ordered...cards mailed...

For those that believe in the conspiracy theories, (10) may have triggered (11) - after they cashed the $$ for (10) they do not have to actually do anything since AOS is done... I personally believe more on the second Law of Thermodynamics.

God bless all of you and may you all soon share the joy I am feeling now!

cfedu said:
(2) Labor Cert. (Reduction in Recuitment) filed in March 2002. Pending as of May 2005.
For those that believe in the conspiracy theories, (10) may have triggered (11) - after they cashed the $$ for (10) they do not have to actually do anything since AOS is done... I personally believe more on the second Law of Thermodynamics.

God bless all of you and may you all soon share the joy I am feeling now!

I didn't realize that EB1 also required a Labor Certification.

I certainly agree with your theory that 10 may have triggered 11. all that talk about monthly sweeps to check if there are any pending cases that are valid and up for approval for AOS is just another "feature" that they sell but dont necessarily follow through... besides I believe that they LOVE the extra $$ generated by your EAD / AP renewal application fees. 6 months to approve AOS cases maybe the Bush administrations promise but the USCIS agenda is clearly dictated by the Conflict of Interest created by the fact that if the AOS is not approved in less than a year, then the candidate has no choice but to poney up for the renewal fees associated with EAD / AP.

Happy for you, goodluck for your future and may my skepticism, as reflected above be proven wrong.
:cool:

spidey

Sorry about the confusion.

The first application was for an EB2 (advanced degree) Labor Cert.

The second (more recent one) was for EB1 (outstanding researcher), and it does not require a Labor Cert.

Got more emails earlier today with the message changing to "Card Ordered".

Two more (small) steps to go - Card Mailed and Card Received.

I have my fingers crossed for all of you still waiting...

cfedu said:

The second (more recent one) was for EB1 (outstanding researcher), and it does not require a Labor Cert.

Congrats cfedu on your 485 approval. All the best..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Congratulations

cfedu said:

Congratulations cfedu for your approval. Enjoy your freedom.

Tracker spreadsheet

I've not seen any Excel spread sheet being passed on this forum lately.
* Is it possible to revive any existing tracking sheet?
* Create a new one?

For 140, EAD, AP and 485 time lines. It would be great to gather the data and see the latest trends on one sheet for VSC.

Any ideas...

May'05 I-140 Approved - Attn:"ngusev", "aj_jadeja", "sappana", etc

Today I got the email with I-140 approval notification. My I-140 application receipt date was May 6, 2005 with no LUDs till date. I hope I have a smoother sailing in the 485 stage !!!!!

KewlHarry said:
Today I got the email with I-140 approval notification. My I-140 application receipt date was May 6, 2005 with no LUDs till date. I hope I have a smoother sailing in the 485 stage !!!!!

I hope you'll do. And I hope we will follow. Thanx.