2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hello ,
I have recieved an RFE on my 485 , this is very wierd .Dont know what that RFE is about . Did any one get any RFE like this before .This RFE is not on EAD or AP but 485 .
My priority date is aug 2000 eb3
Thank you

I140 Approved !!!

Today I checked the status of my I140 application online and found that it had been approved :)

"This case has been approved. On January 17, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

RD : 3-Oct-2005 ( EB2 )
AD : 17-Jan-2006 :)

Looks like VSC is approving cases. The cut off date posted on the web site ' May-21-2004' , is not a true indicator. Wish ALL of you who have been awaiting I140 approval , best of luck. This forum has been very helpful to me.

Now the endless wait for I485 begins......... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
HK_HR said:
Today I checked the status of my I140 application online and found that it had been approved :)

AD : 17-Jan-2005 :)

Congrats HK_HR and welcome to the next, last and hopefully not too long wait for the 485...
Please share your PD also with us.

Congratulations HK_HR

HK_HR said:

"This case has been approved. On January 17, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

AD : 17-Jan-2005 :)

Looks like VSC is approving cases. The cut off date posted on the web site ' May-21-2004' , is not a true indicator. Wish ALL of you who have been awaiting I140 approval , best of luck. This forum has been very helpful to me.

Congratulations HK_HR for your 140 approval.

Can you please let me know the ND on Ia40 application?

HK_HR said:

Congrats on your 140 approval. All the best in your 485.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Congrats...

HK_HR,

Congratulations. It was so fast. It seems you have filed only 140.

Good luck for your 485.

MD2001

HK_HR said:

Hi Anitha ,

I got your private message . Thanks for your response . My compnay is very big one and they filed I140,I485,EAD and AP from VSC . Let us see how it will go . I will post the results If I see some thing .

Gurus,

What I dont understand is that how come my 485 file is touched ..... my PD is aug 2000 EB3. and i got an Rfe for my 485.... well then the retrogression is not true ?????

How to find I140 status without WAC/Receipt#

My company filed my I140 and 485 on April/05 and am still waiting for my I140 and I do not have the WAC/receipt number
with me to check the status. When I check with my attorney or employer they are saying that even though the processing dates
from VSC is may-05, my case processing is not exceeded with in the limits that VSC mentioned in the case (i.e 90 days to 365 days
to complete the processing in the case status message). But, I see people getting approvals for their I140 and woould like
to find out a way to check my I140 status with out the WAC/Receipt numbers. I really do not know why my I140 is not approved
by VSC. Please see my signature for details.

My Pd: March-2001, Filed using sub. labor
I140/485 filed on April 22nd, 05
Got my EAD, AP and FP (code3) done
last LUD on my 485: 05/13/05

Also, After my FP I had a LUD, but the message never reflected that they received my finger prints. I called FBI and they told
me that my FP results sent to USCIS on 05/13 itself....

Thanks in advance for your help...

slkrk

jaisingh,

You should feel happy about it as your application will be ready for adjudication (formal approval) by the time your PD becomes current.

USCIS never said that its not going to process applications which are not current. They might have some logic like process applications which are next in queue so that they can use all the visa numbers before year ends.

If they don't do that there is every chance that lot of visa numbers go unused as processing of apps takes time in RFEs, Employers response time etc...

pls tell us what is your RFE about if you are comfortable sharing with us..

Good Luck,
MD2001

jaisingh said:
Gurus,

What I dont understand is that how come my 485 file is touched ..... my PD is aug 2000 EB3. and i got an Rfe for my 485.... well then the retrogression is not true ?????

Thanx GCVaruma & MD2001

My 485 appl is also filed. However my PD is AUG-2004 ( EB2 ), so I don't expect any movement on it soon.

Q : The cut-off date for 485 at VSC is 16-DEC-2004. Does this mean that all those applications which have been filed by DEC-16-2004 will be processed irrespective of the Visa Number cut-off date ( AUG-01 for EB2 ) ?

How much time do u think will it take for the cut-off date for Visa numbers to reach AUG-2004 from AUG-2001 ???

HK_HR,

Are you from a retrogressed country like India? It seems so.

Then how come you have filed 485 in October 2005. The deadline was Sept 30th 2005.

You are quoting the cut-off dates for India (01-Aug-01), its very difficult to estimate time for cut-off dates move to your PD (Aug-2004).

Think about this, as per current rules, any country can get maximum of 10k visa numbers per year. so you can calculate how many years will take considering that there are still 300,000 pending in backlog centers and India may have quite a few in that.

Anyway this is not to scare you but it is a reality. I suggest you also help the efforts to remove the retrogression by AILA, ImmigrationVoice.org, IsnAmerica.org organizations.

Good Luck,
MD2001

HK_HR said:
Thanx GCVaruma & MD2001

My 485 appl is also filed. However my PD is AUG-2004 ( EB2 ), so I don't expect any movement on it soon.

Q : The cut-off date for 485 at VSC is 16-DEC-2004. Does this mean that all those applications which have been filed by DEC-16-2004 will be processed irrespective of the Visa Number cut-off date ( AUG-01 for EB2 ) ?

How much time do u think will it take for the cut-off date for Visa numbers to reach AUG-2004 from AUG-2001 ???

HK_HR said:
Thanx GCVaruma & MD2001

adding further to what MD2001 has said..

What it means that VSC is currently processing 485 applications which have been filed on/before 16-DEC-2004 AND their LC's have a PD on/before 1-Aug-2001. They have to satisfy the above 2 conditions for the case to be processed.

All other LC's that have PD after 1-Aug-2001 will not be processed until the dates advance.

It will be tough for anyone to predict as to how long it may take for the dates to move from 1-Aug-2001 to Aug-2004. Probably after a few more months of visa bulletin it may give a rough estimate as to how the dates may progress. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Where does the I-140 approval notice go?

My online record at US-BCIS shows that my I-140 was approved on Dec 29th, 2005, and an approval notice was sent out.

My question is where the approval notice is sent to. Is it my attorney? Will my employer get a copy?

My attorney is an asshole and does not respond to my inquiry.

Thanks in advance.

PS: My information: EB2-RIR; PD: 12/26/2002. I-140 ND: 09/23/2005

Thanx GCVaruma & MD2001.

Yes...I am from India. My application was filed just in time ,before Sept-30-2005. However the RD on my I140 appl is 3-OCt-2005 :rolleyes:

I know that there are 300,000 backlog cases and also PERM is approving LC quite rapidly. So there are many people who are going to get into the queue.

However since USCIS has practically stopped accepting I485 applications , these people are not in the picture as of now.

Basically I would like to have some estimate of 'how many people are there in queue for I485 ( EB2 ) who have PD earlier than AUG-2004.' That will give me an idea of the approx time frame.

I have a feeling that there may not be many cases whose PD is earlier than AUG-2003 , since they would have got their GCs by now. However I would like to have some guesstimates from the forum members.

I think the Visa Number cut-off date will move ahead swiftly upto mid-2003 and then it may slow down....whaddya think ????

485 applications

GCVARUMA and All,

Ideally the 485 applications are processed as per the 485 receipt dates provided the the visa dates are current. However in the current retrogressed scenario, i think they go by the Labor Priority Dates.

Here is an article I found on murthy.com.

A December 15, 2005 AILA business liaison conference with the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) resulted in answers to a number of questions. One of the matters addressed is particularly noteworthy for many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers; namely, "What happens to pending I-485s (Applications for Adjustment of Status), when their priority dates become current?"

Visa Cutoff Dates Can Change Monthly

As our regular readers are aware, there are large numbers of I-485 Applications that cannot be approved because there are no available visa numbers. The availability of visa numbers is variable month to month, as reflected in the most recent U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin, which can always be found on MurthyDotCom. [See our most recent MurthyBulletin article regarding the forward movement of visa numbers, Visa Bulletin Issued for January 2006 (December 6, 2005).] Given the potential for forward movement in the Visa Bulletin cutoff dates each month, the question arises, "How do the Service Centers, including NSC, identify those I-485 cases that have available visa numbers and therefore are eligible for approval?"

Case Identification Procedure

The NSC Records Division conducts a series of "sweeps" each month when they get the Visa Bulletin. They search for those cases that have current priority dates, given the particular employment-based category and the country of chargeability of the particular case. Once identified, if the case has valid security checks, it is properly routed for assignment to an adjudications officer.

NSC is constantly conducting sweeps of cases that are on hold due to retrogression (the non-availability of visa numbers) to make sure that the security checks are viable. It is not possible to predict how long any particular case will take once the priority date becomes available. We would note, however, that an immediate decision should not be expected, because the availability of the date triggers the assignment to the adjudications officer, who then must conduct the file review. At this time, the NSC states that they have sufficient resources to distribute all of the eligible I-485s each month for adjudication.

GCVARUMA said:
adding further to what MD2001 has said..

What it means that VSC is currently processing 485 applications which have been filed on/before 16-DEC-2004 AND their LC's have a PD on/before 1-Aug-2001. They have to satisfy the above 2 conditions for the case to be processed.

All other LC's that have PD after 1-Aug-2001 will not be processed until the dates advance.

It will be tough for anyone to predict as to how long it may take for the dates to move from 1-Aug-2001 to Aug-2004. Probably after a few more months of visa bulletin it may give a rough estimate as to how the dates may progress. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

WhereIsMyGCUSA said:
My online record at US-BCIS shows that my I-140 was approved on Dec 29th, 2005, and an approval notice was sent out.

My question is where the approval notice is sent to. Is it my attorney? Will my employer get a copy?

My attorney is an asshole and does not respond to my inquiry.

Thanks in advance.

PS: My information: EB2-RIR; PD: 12/26/2002. I-140 ND: 09/23/2005
Goes to the attorney