2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hello Gurus

calmguy said:
I140/ 485/131/756 RD Sept. 27 2005
No PD sub labor.

I am not an new comer to this site but yes to this tread i am a new comer and had filled my I 140 on Dec 2nd and the notice date if Dec 6th 2005.

My PD is Dec 6th 2001 and got approval on the labor on Oct 28th 2005, i don't know how long will it take for me to get this I 140 approved , since i am from India and in EB3 catagory i fall in this stupid so called retrogession.

My recent finding was they ( Senate & House ) is haveing a debate today regarding the proposal of S 1932 specifically on Sub Sec 8001 & 8002 which give a room for people like us who are in the retrogession clash.

I have few questions #1 how long will it take to get this I 140 approved in my case #2 what are the chances of getting an RFE in my case as i am not a subtitution labor holder.

Please give your good views and true prediction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Saburi

I've got an impression that i-140 apps of the people who are influenced by retrogression are approved really fast - sometimes in days. Any thoughts on this subject?
thanks

seems that you're right.

I'm one of them but just got a call from HR that my I140 approval has arrived.

EB3 RIR - Apr. 2001
Labor approved: Sep. 2005
File 140- Oct. 24, 2005
I140 approved: Nov.16, 2005

Now is the long wait for I485...

michvin said:
I've got an impression that i-140 apps of the people who are influenced by retrogression are approved really fast - sometimes in days. Any thoughts on this subject?
thanks

Beam said:
I'm one of them but just got a call from HR that my I140 approval has arrived.

EB3 RIR - Apr. 2001
Labor approved: Sep. 2005
File 140- Oct. 24, 2005
I140 approved: Nov.16, 2005

Now is the long wait for I485...
hope the wait won't be too long for you - PD seems to be almost current...
Congratulations!

Need Help

Hi All,

As you can see in my signature my I-140 was received by VSC on 12 th of May 2002.My labour was approved in EB-2 category.I was waiting for approval from past 8 months.Now I came to know that by mistake my lawyer has filed my case in EB-3. Vermont is processing EB-3 cases recived by March 22nd but actually my case is EB-2 and they are processing may 22nd cases ie they have passed my date.My lawyer told me that he has sent an application to change my case to EB-2 category.I don't really belive him.

What you guys suggest me to do ?Should I call to senator's office ?Does anybody know e-mail address or phone no.?I am in ohio so should I call to ohio's senator's office or NJ's.Please advice.

NJ03MAY2002 said:
Hi All,

As you can see in my signature my I-140 was received by VSC on 12 th of May 2002.My labour was approved in EB-2 category.I was waiting for approval from past 8 months.Now I came to know that by mistake my lawyer has filed my case in EB-3. Vermont is processing EB-3 cases recived by March 22nd but actually my case is EB-2 and they are processing may 22nd cases ie they have passed my date.My lawyer told me that he has sent an application to change my case to EB-2 category.I don't really belive him.

What you guys suggest me to do ?Should I call to senator's office ?Does anybody know e-mail address or phone no.?I am in ohio so should I call to ohio's senator's office or NJ's.Please advice.

NJ...

Sorry to hear about this. Calling senators may not do good since this is a matter between you and your lawyer. Unless you have it in writing somewhere that your case will be handled in EB2, you may have a tough time with this case.... however if your lawyer says they can fix this, they probably can.... so if I were you I would follow up with lawyer every week (in the very least) if not every day until they send you proof of correction request.

Also get your employer involved if you can, that will definitely spur some action from your lawyer.

Remember the I-140 is a petition that your employer makes and the EB categorization is on the I-140 petition.... (if I remember it right)

Once again, sorry this happened to you but the most practical solution is to:

a. Check your labor certification document and confirm that it requires at least a Masters degree PLUS one year work experience OR Bachelors degree and at least 5 years work experience. These are the EB2 requirements.

b. Follow up with lawyer if your labor is indeed approved with the above requirements. (its in section 3 of your labor certification on the first page)

Goodluck.. besides with the impending certain death of S 1932 Section 8001, 8002 we're all probably dead in the water for a while... except for the EAD / AP documents... which you are lucky to have already.... so take heart in that. At least you are now mobile and can take up other jobs...

Thank you very much for your suggestion and quick reply.
My labour was filed (4year degree(B.Tech)+5 year experience) in EB-2 .I have a copy of labour.Before filing I-485 n all he asked for experience letters too but I don't how he made that mistake.

I will talk to my employer today .Thanks again.

Urgent Guys--please support

Since Arlen Spector was the one who brought this bill back on track after Senator Byrd introduce his amendment. We should get in touch with him again and in fact immediately. His contact information is as follows:

Arlen Specter (R-PA)
Phone: 202-224-4254
Fax: 12022281229
Email: http://specter.senate.gov/index.cfm...ontactInfo.Home

Let's do following things:

1. Flood his office with the phone calls and request him to make sure that section 8001 and 8002 of s1932 is included in the final version of the bill.
2. If we have someone from PA (Arlen's state), have him or her to get in touch with his office asap and raise our concern.

Everyone, Game is still not over. We can bring things back on track. Just effort is needed.

SaiWelcome said:
Since Arlen Spector was the one who brought this bill back on track after Senator Byrd introduce his amendment. We should get in touch with him again and in fact immediately. His contact information is as follows:

Arlen Specter (R-PA)
Phone: 202-224-4254
Fax: 12022281229
Email: http://specter.senate.gov/index.cfm...ontactInfo.Home

Let's do following things:

1. Flood his office with the phone calls and request him to make sure that section 8001 and 8002 of s1932 is included in the final version of the bill.
2. If we have someone from PA (Arlen's state), have him or her to get in touch with his office asap and raise our concern.

Everyone, Game is still not over. We can bring things back on track. Just effort is needed.

Just called that number and spoke with someone requesting support for these sections... as simple as that. Pick up the phone dial that phone number above and say.. "Who can I talk to request support for S 1932 section 8001, 8002.. "
She asked me what does this section do and I explained.. "recapture unused visa numbers for LEGAL immigrants"

Last edited by a moderator:
me to called

spidey said:
Just called that number and spoke with someone requesting support for these sections... as simple as that. Pick up the phone dial that phone number above and say.. "Who can I talk to request support for S 1931 section 8001, 8002.. "
She asked me what does this section do and I explained.. "recapture unused visa numbers for LEGAL immigrants"

i just did the same. Lets hope it helps.

I140 processing time

any ideas as to what the processing time is for EB3 I140 at Vermont Service Center? I could not find info on tracker.

garp said:
any ideas as to what the processing time is for EB3 I140 at Vermont Service Center? I could not find info on tracker.

There are 2 ideas that one should bear in mind with respect to processing an application (in this case a I-140 application).

1. Approval or Denial of petition
2. Time it takes to adjudicate

These are 2 separate issues and even though they are inextricably linked to one another, especially from our perspective, they may not be from the officers perspective.

Here's why.
Approval or Denial of petition is where your EB status may make more of an impact. This is because the officer may feel that your qualifications are or are not enough to fulfill the EB2 or EB3 requirements in the labor petition.
The time it takes may have some but little to do with the EB status, and even when it does you'll probably see a Notice of Intent for denial OR an RFE or something causing the delay.... and even then it may only be because of the EB status if the RFE or Intent for denial is based on your qualifications or the qualifications of your evaluator.

Therefore the time it takes may have more to do with the other aspect that is evaluated in the I140. Your employers ability to pay the promised wages. Most times, I believe this causes more delay than your EB status in the application.

There are other factors of course and these are usually not measurable namely:
1. Luck
2. Whether the officer had a fight with his/her spouse that day/month/year
3. Whether your lawyer is a sloppy b**** and did not put papers in order
4. All of the above

:D Sorry if this is no help to you, I couldn't help myself.. what can I say I dont feel like being particularly productive today ;)

thanks

Good information. So I will wait and watch, although if somebody has an average processing time, it's welcome!

I filed as EB3 RIR with bachelors and no experience.

why is VSC so slow ?

why is VSC so slow ?

Rest of other centers are way ahead in temrs of processing 140 and 485 (in terms of date )

any clue ?

aj

aj_jadeja said:
why is VSC so slow ?

Rest of other centers are way ahead in temrs of processing 140 and 485 (in terms of date )

any clue ?

aj
because it processes east coast - where most legal immigrants are...