2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

No receipt

My case is similar to w8in4gc. I applied for 140/i485 on 9/29. No receipt so far. After getting the receipt, I need to apply for AP/EAD.

This morning I noticed my first LUD on my I-140 since it was received. Also, LUD on our i-485.
I am really scared.

Don't be scared. It must be some good news! :)

At least, someone is looking at your case. Don't worry.

BTW: Are you EB1, NIW, EB2, EB3, etc. :)

mb1 said:
This morning I noticed my first LUD on my I-140 since it was received. Also, LUD on our i-485.
I am really scared.

Case Details

EB2/RIR
Labor Applied: 03/21/2002
Labor Certified: 09/12/2005
I-140/I-485/EAD (Principal + Spouse): 09/23/2005
EAD (Principal) Approved: 10/12/2005
EAD (Principal) Received: 10/13/2005
EAD (Spouse) Approved: 10/14/2005
EAD (Spouse) Received: 10/17/2005
FP Notice (Principal + Spouse) Received: 10/22/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I 140 approved

I got my I140 approval notice today. But I have not received the receipt notice for my 485. My I140/485 applications reached VSC on 9/30/2005. I do not know how the I140 got approved with no receipt for I485.
I am really waiting to get my receipt to apply for the EAD/AP.

Congrats! That was quick! I guess you are one of the luckiest guys! You have recd your approval before the receipt numbers. That's great!

wheremylc said:
I got my I140 approval notice today. But I have not received the receipt notice for my 485. My I140/485 applications reached VSC on 9/30/2005. I do not know how the I140 got approved with no receipt for I485.

Congrats

Best wishes on your 140 approval. So now you have to wait it out for the 485 to become current and I hope it becomes current soon.

All the best.

GCVaruma.

wheremylc said:

I noticed LUD's on my 485 before my 140 getting approved.
I am sure it must be some good news for you too

mb1 said:
I am really scared.

Congrats...can u provide some more info

Congratulations wheremylc,

have you got the receipt notice for 140 before the approval. It is good if they approve directly without doing the receipt notices formality.

also I assume your lawyer received this one, right?

MD2001

wheremylc said:

Boy, that is reallllllllllllllllly quick! Congratulations! :)

I am still waiting for my 140... wondering when my case will be touched by those guys...

wheremylc said:

My lawyer recd the approval notice. I did not receive the receuipt notice for the I140 either.
MD2001 said:
Congratulations wheremylc,

have you got the receipt notice for 140 before the approval. It is good if they approve directly without doing the receipt notices formality.

also I assume your lawyer received this one, right?

MD2001

hmm, i don't understand this well. how would they be able to file for 485 if dates are not current???? :confused:

MD2001 said:
Spidey and all,

The biggest news for our friends (who are still in BECs) is to be able to file 485 even if the dates are not current.

MD2001

well...visa number is required only at approval time

foret1,

The visa number is required only at the time of 485 approval and filing merely won't change the waiting time.

but the biggest benefit (for beneficiaries) is one may be able to get EAD/AP and AC21 portability and may escape from a greedy employer who takes advantage of alien's status after 6 months and 140 approval.

on the other side uscis have more work regarding EAD/AP extension for years, but they will get more money.

that said these proposals are passed through judiciary committee but have to pass through senate also.

- MD2001

foret1 said:
hmm, i don't understand this well. how would they be able to file for 485 if dates are not current???? :confused:

DavidChen said:
Boy, that is reallllllllllllllllly quick! Congratulations! :)

I am still waiting for my 140... wondering when my case will be touched by those guys...
I'm wondering on when my case would be picked?

gc_xp said:
I'm wondering on when my case would be picked?

A friend of mine on a Schedule A Green Card application with a PD in 2004 just got their 485 approved on Saturday.
Apparently, 2 months after Congress approved the 50k extra visa #'s for the Schedule A's their GC came thro.

This news combined with the 90k extra #'s for us + the new rules around not counting spousal visa #'s in the quota leads me to believe all those with pending 485's can expect relief from February 06 assuming Congress passes and the President signs this latest bill into law before the end of the Fall session and Winter break begins.
Worst case scenario we may see a delay because of the upcoming holidays and see results in March or April 06 instead of the anticipated Feb 06.

Of course optimistically the bill will be signed in the next week or so and we'll start seeing results before Dec 05 but we all know better than to expect this.

Congratulations

You are one lucky guy! Congratulations!

My paperwork was sent on 9/29 and I received an email from lawer saying that the it got entered in the system on 10/19th. I received my receipts no today. This makes me believe that there were quite a few applications got filed in last few days of September.

Your case gived me a hope that VSC is working on the applications earnestly, and I'm hoping to see more 140s getting approved soon.

Best wished for your 485 !

wheremylc said:

Question on FP

Gurus,

I've question about finger printing. I've applied for 485 and 140 and I'm planning to go out of country for 3 weeks. My question is, If I happen to receive a finger printing notice (which will ask applicant to get it done in 15 days) and If I'm not the country then:
1> what happens when I’m not in states when the notice is issued? i.e. Do I've to be in the country when such notice is issued?
2> If I'm not in the country for the period allowed for the finger printing?

Has anybody gone through such experience? Any thoughts?

Thanks

yes, i understand what you are explaining below. but i still don't understand how people at BEC can file for 485 if visas are not available for their PDs???

myself, i would be VERY happy if i could get EAD and AP! especially EAD for my spouse. then i wouldn't mind waiting for the green card...

so although i have gc and 140, will people still left at BEC be able to apply for 485 and get EAD/AP before me??? am i perhaps understanding this wrong?

don't get me wrong though: if this is true, then good for BEC folks. i just want to understand.

oh boy, how ironic!! given how hard i prayed to get out of BEC, it's funny if i now have to regert that my paryer came true and wish that i was still stuck at BEC so that i could get EAD! that would be really funny!

MD2001 said:
foret1,

The visa number is required only at the time of 485 approval and filing merely won't change the waiting time.

but the biggest benefit (for beneficiaries) is one may be able to get EAD/AP and AC21 portability and may escape from a greedy employer who takes advantage of alien's status after 6 months and 140 approval.

on the other side uscis have more work regarding EAD/AP extension for years, but they will get more money.

that said these proposals are passed through judiciary committee but have to pass through senate also.

- MD2001