2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

RE: Let me state clearly again...Regarding Judiacial committee approval

Any wild guess on when this becomes an act. I know, after presidents approval :D. But I am looking for some possible dates.

Thanks in advance.

SRK

Me too !!!

But i can check by case . Anybody in EB3 category waiting from April and May Please post !!!

aj_jadeja said:
wow i m EB3 RD is 5/18 no LUD nothing :( and i freaking cant track my case online too :(

Thanks everyone for the wishing me good luck and sending me encouraging notes. Good luck to everyone in the forum.

Does anyone have any idea how get the current processing dates for i-485. I am not a citizen of China or India (affected retrogression country)
I would really appreciate if someone sends me the link.

FP Done

I and my wife completed the FP at local ASC.it was a simple and easy process just like waiting for lines in Bank go when your turn comes and the process hardly takes 10-15 mins with 2 QA checks also.

take ur FP reciept and Drivers License.Thats all.....

one step ahead.. 1 million steps to get GC :)

It is part of budget reconciliation bill...

It is my guess only, they should decide on this either way or change by march 2006 or before as it is tied to "Budget Reconciliation" bill.

If it was separate, it might have taken ages but it is intended to raise more money by giving some incentive to immigration community.

lets hope it passes through senate without any hassles...

MD2001

srkotturu said:
Any wild guess on when this becomes an act. I know, after presidents approval :D. But I am looking for some possible dates.

Thanks in advance.

SRK

mb1 said:
Thanks everyone for the wishing me good luck and sending me encouraging notes. Good luck to everyone in the forum.

Does anyone have any idea how get the current processing dates for i-485. I am not a citizen of China or India (affected retrogression country)
I would really appreciate if someone sends me the link.

If you look into the visa buulletin it will give you the processing dates for 485. In your case it will be under the "All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed" column.

Link : http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2712.html

All the best and please have a drink for me.
GCVaruma.

mem of profession with advanced deg or exceptional ability
w8in4gc said:
wheremylc,

Can you please let us know which category was used for filing your 140. What I mean is, in 140 petition in Part 2 there are several categories listed (extraordinary ability, prof, researcher etc).

Thanks

Nope

Well the website says its doing Mar26th for the last 6 months . Looks like they are not touching I-140 except for a few lucky guys and EB2/EB1 category.

Let me know after you see LUDS or get approved as mine is after u.

aj_jadeja said:
any LUD on ur case ?

I am in the same boat as you guys..anxiously waiting for my I140 approval..

das_go said:
Well the website says its doing Mar26th for the last 6 months . Looks like they are not touching I-140 except for a few lucky guys and EB2/EB1 category.

Let me know after you see LUDS or get approved as mine is after u.

My I140 and 485 were filed on April 23rd in EB3 catergory...Got EAD and done with FP(code3) in May-05, I do not see any LUD's after my FP results...Lets hope that they will approve our cases too..

mb1 said:
Finally I have received the email today. It took exact 6 months to get the i-140 approved. I am in EB-2 category. What's next?

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0********

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 25, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Congratulations, mb1 !!! We are very close in dates... You had several LUD's on your I485 but the only one I have so far is for the receipt of fingerprint info, done on Aug 8th. Anyone: no LUD on I485, is it a good sign or a bad one ? :confused:

Also, you can check out this site for VSC processing dates... They have been late updating the info: the last one was on Oct 5th and they usually do it every 2 weeks.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Good luck.

Now site updated as of 10/25/05.

karatekid said:
Congratulations, mb1 !!! We are very close in dates... You had several LUD's on your I485 but the only one I have so far is for the receipt of fingerprint info, done on Aug 8th. Anyone: no LUD on I485, is it a good sign or a bad one ? :confused:

Also, you can check out this site for VSC processing dates... They have been late updating the info: the last one was on Oct 5th and they usually do it every 2 weeks.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Good luck.

Hi guys,

I understand that if one uses EAD then H1 status is lost. But how does the USCIS know that one has used EAD?

I have EAD and would like to work outside the job (part time) but I don't want to get paid for a few months due to some reasons. Can I start working part time now and say get paid after 3 months or so? In that case when does I officialy start using EAD? Will it be the joining date or the date I accept payment from the new employer?

Thanks,
DL

EB2/RIR - PD:02/04 (Original)
140 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20
EAD - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, 09/08, AD:09/09
AP - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, AD 09/14
FP - ND:07/26/05 Done 08/10/05 Code 3
140: No LUD :confused:
485 (Self): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/22, 08/24, 08/25, 08/26, 08/29 :mad:
485 (Spouse): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/16, 08/22

Please help! My I 140 petition was received at USCIS on March 18, 2005.

joyd said:
Continuing with the trend, here's the tracker for 2005 cases! There are some stats at the bottom that needs to be tweaked, but that can be done at a later point, not that critical. Update the tracker responsibly. As we get into maintaining the tracker for next year, hopefully someone steps up to keep the tracker in shape and form!

Happy holidays guys!

Please help! My I 140 petition was received at USCIS on March 18, 2005 at VSC. It is not approved yet. Could you please help me out...

DESILAL said:
Hi guys,

I understand that if one uses EAD then H1 status is lost. But how does the USCIS know that one has used EAD?

I have EAD and would like to work outside the job (part time) but I don't want to get paid for a few months due to some reasons. Can I start working part time now and say get paid after 3 months or so? In that case when does I officialy start using EAD? Will it be the joining date or the date I accept payment from the new employer?

Thanks,
DL

This is prolly a qn for someone professional, or at least an expert but as far I can tell this should not be a problem. As long as you dont get paid no one cares what you do or not do with your time.... provided it's not illegal.

I believe your EAD will kick in on the date that gets put on your hire date in the HR records at this company. Chances are you'll be able to negotiate this hire date to be in future very easily since you are not getting paid until the future.

When your employer asks you to fill in w4 that is when you need to provide proof of "eligibility to work" aka SSN card AND EAD/I94 notice/H1 filing notice/GC. If you provide EAD as a proof, then it is going to show up on your HR records and information will flow upstream to USCIS (I don't know how). There is huge latency build in from the point you provide the information till it shows up on USICS records, but it does eventually. Origin of the information is always you, i.e when you produce w4.

You would need advice from the professional.

DESILAL said:
Hi guys,

Thanks,
DL

EB2/RIR - PD:02/04 (Original)
140 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20
EAD - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, 09/08, AD:09/09
AP - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, AD 09/14
FP - ND:07/26/05 Done 08/10/05 Code 3
140: No LUD :confused:
485 (Self): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/22, 08/24, 08/25, 08/26, 08/29 :mad:
485 (Spouse): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/16, 08/22

140 Rfe

Hi all --

Let me tell you about my case details. I used a sub labor to file for my 140 and 485 under EB2. The Labor priority date was Sep'04 and i have around 8 years of experience till the labor priority date. The original Labor requirement was Masters with 2 years or Bachelors with 5 Years of related experience and the title is "Programmer Analyst".
I have submitted all the required experience letters. However in of the company experience letter i worked as software engineer and the same was mentioned in the exp letter also. Does this raised for RFE???

In all the rest of the exp letters i have mentioned as Programmer Analyst only.

Please tell me as i am really confused.

1. How serious is this query?
2. My wife is travelling out of USA for 2 mos next month, is this ok? She will be using AP when coming back, is it safe?

3. What are complications of this query?

Recently i received a RFE from USCIS for my 140. This is a Sub Labor. The RFE is as below:

"It doesnot appear that your petetion is approvable to classify the beneficiary as a second preference alien under section 293(b)(2) of INA because the record doesnot establish the beneficiary possessed 5 years of progressive experience as Programmer Analyst. If you wish to change the requested preference classification, place an 'X' next to the sentence below. Also indicate the new preference number and classification that you are seeking and sign where indicated:

Place to fill in here .......

Submit evidence to establish the beneficiary possessed the required 7 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst as of MM/DD/04, date of filing.

Evidence relating to qualified experience or training should be in the form of letter(s) from current employer(s) or trainer(s) and should include the name and title of the writer. A specific description of the duties performed by the alien or of the training received as well as the beginning and ending dates of employment should be provided in the letters submitted. Experience/training received through prior employment should be documented by the prior employer. If such evidence is unavailable, other documentation relating to the alien's experience will be considered.

I appreciate for all your help... :confused: :(

mvnm00 said:
Hi all --

Let me tell you about my case details. I used a sub labor to file for my 140 and 485 under EB2. The Labor priority date was Sep'04 and i have around 8 years of experience till the labor priority date. The original Labor requirement was Masters with 2 years or Bachelors with 5 Years of related experience and the title is "Programmer Analyst".
I have submitted all the required experience letters. However in of the company experience letter i worked as software engineer and the same was mentioned in the exp letter also. Does this raised for RFE???

2. My wife is travelling out of USA for 2 mos next month, is this ok? She will be using AP when coming back, is it safe?

Recently i received a RFE from USCIS for my 140. This is a Sub Labor. The RFE is as below:

"It doesnot appear that your petetion is approvable to classify the beneficiary as a second preference alien under section 293(b)(2) of INA because the record doesnot establish the beneficiary possessed 5 years of progressive experience as Programmer Analyst. If you wish to change the requested preference classification, place an 'X' next to the sentence below. Also indicate the new preference number and classification that you are seeking and sign where indicated:

Submit evidence to establish the beneficiary possessed the required 7 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst as of MM/DD/04, date of filing.

Evidence relating to qualified experience or training should be in the form of letter(s) from current employer(s) or trainer(s) and should include the name and title of the writer. A specific description of the duties performed by the alien or of the training received as well as the beginning and ending dates of employment should be provided in the letters submitted. Experience/training received through prior employment should be documented by the prior employer. If such evidence is unavailable, other documentation relating to the alien's experience will be considered.

You need a really good lawyer to help with this mess.
This is a serious issue and although the difference is duties is minimal and most times none between Software Engg. (as applies to the field of IT) and Programmer Analyst, a good lawyer will successfully make a case for this. In the present scenario it maybe ever so more urgent for you to get a good lawyer lined up. It is my personal opinion that USCIS will come down hard on Labor Sub cases especially of the EB2 type.

Of course, I hope things work out for all sub cases and also I am not an expert. These are only my humble opinions worth less than the average 2 cents.

Get involved in your RFE response, make sure you read everything before it is sent out and make sure it makes sense to you. Remember the lawyer gets paid either way.

Do you have Masters Degree?

Hi,
Do you have a Masters degree from US or from other country...??? or BS degree +..8 years exp in the US of A ?

it will be interesting to know the outcome as my labor is also similar to yours MS + 2 yrs or (s/w or programmer analyst) as of feb 04.I completed MS in USA in 2001 with BS(Engg) in India.

have you consulted with an attorney...do have a really competant letter stating your evidence.

good luck and do let us know on this progress......

Thanks
Ajaks

mvnm00 said:
Hi all --