2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Photo Guidelines for EAD and AP

Hi Gurus,

Could you pelase let me know the photo requirements for EAD and AP. I have seen people getting RFE for photo. I need to extend EAD and AP. Can i take pictures using digital camera in the studio or it's not allowed.

Please help me .

luck_2005 said:
Hi Gurus,

Could you pelase let me know the photo requirements for EAD and AP. I have seen people getting RFE for photo. I need to extend EAD and AP. Can i take pictures using digital camera in the studio or it's not allowed.

Please help me .

Goto MOTO shop near to you (if any) and say photo's for immigration. Please don't try to save bucks, when people here really strugling for more issues.

mvnm00: I am sure you will overcome this RFE, good luck.

For my RFE, it is related to Educational Evaluation and also they are asking
for my W2s. I will do what I can and hope for success.
Education evaluation looks easy to take care of.
W2s need some work to be done.

Congratulations to all the guys who got their approvals, and good luck to the others who are waiting.

mvn,

You may want to get clarification on how the experience is counted. You are counting years of experience till the PD. My lawyer told me to count the experience till the date of joining of present job (i.e. not to include experience gained on the job that you are applying a labor for).
... evidence relating to qualified experience … one can also provide an affidavit from the (ex)co-worker stating the facts of your position.

mvnm00 said:
Hi all --

Let me tell you about my case details. I used a sub labor to file for my 140 and 485 under EB2. The Labor priority date was Sep'04 and i have around 8 years of experience till the labor priority date. The original Labor requirement was Masters with 2 years or Bachelors with 5 Years of related experience and the title is "Programmer Analyst".
I have submitted all the required experience letters. However in of the company experience letter i worked as software engineer and the same was mentioned in the exp letter also. Does this raised for RFE???

In all the rest of the exp letters i have mentioned as Programmer Analyst only.

Please tell me as i am really confused.

1. How serious is this query?
2. My wife is travelling out of USA for 2 mos next month, is this ok? She will be using AP when coming back, is it safe?

3. What are complications of this query?

Recently i received a RFE from USCIS for my 140. This is a Sub Labor. The RFE is as below:

"It doesnot appear that your petetion is approvable to classify the beneficiary as a second preference alien under section 293(b)(2) of INA because the record doesnot establish the beneficiary possessed 5 years of progressive experience as Programmer Analyst. If you wish to change the requested preference classification, place an 'X' next to the sentence below. Also indicate the new preference number and classification that you are seeking and sign where indicated:

Place to fill in here .......

Submit evidence to establish the beneficiary possessed the required 7 years of experience as a Programmer Analyst as of MM/DD/04, date of filing.

Evidence relating to qualified experience or training should be in the form of letter(s) from current employer(s) or trainer(s) and should include the name and title of the writer. A specific description of the duties performed by the alien or of the training received as well as the beginning and ending dates of employment should be provided in the letters submitted. Experience/training received through prior employment should be documented by the prior employer. If such evidence is unavailable, other documentation relating to the alien's experience will be considered.

I appreciate for all your help... :confused: :(

140 Rfe

ajakster said:
Hi,
Do you have a Masters degree from US or from other country...??? or BS degree +..8 years exp in the US of A ?

it will be interesting to know the outcome as my labor is also similar to yours MS + 2 yrs or (s/w or programmer analyst) as of feb 04.I completed MS in USA in 2001 with BS(Engg) in India.

have you consulted with an attorney...do have a really competant letter stating your evidence.

good luck and do let us know on this progress......

Thanks
Ajaks

Thanks for all your inputs. Looking at the RFE i am pretty confident that the query is answerable and i can still be in EB2, but u never know !!! Appreciate your suggestions/inputs....

I have 4 year Bachelors degree and around 8+ years of work experience until the Labor priority date. So i am ok on the 7 years that USCIS is requesting. In one of my exp letters, they were asking to show proof for 5 years of progressive experience as Programmer Analyst. This is where iam worried. As in one of previous companies my title was "Software Engineer" and also the exp letter states the same title. Does it bother that much? Do u think its easy to say Software Engg = Programmer Analyst??

Also, why is USCIS is giving an option in the query to convert it to EB3? What is rule for classification for EB2 and EB3? Is it just the Salary and Advanced Degree like Masters with 2 years OR Bachelors with 5 years? Somebody please clarify on this?

Also how serious is my query?

zamq said:
anyone have any info regarding my question?
guys,
how many days it will take to get 140 receipt notice once we file.
can anyone please let me know

From the day you have filed it normally takes around 2-3 weeks to get your receipt notice.

But you never know whats happening.

GCVaruma.

FP/Biometrics question

Guys,

I need some clarification regarding the finger printing...

I have received the receipt notices (for all AP, EAD. 140 and 485) few days back and all notices have the following at the bottom.

"If this receipt is for an I-90, I-485 or I-698 application
Biometrics - (fingerprint, photo, signature)

The next stepis have your biometrics taken....call 800 number etc..."

OK...is this means I have to take biometrics appointment now or there will be separate fingerprinting/biometrics notice for I-485...

from all of your posts, it seems like there will be separate notice for biometrics but correct me if I am wrong.

appreciate any clarification...(as I am going an vacation to India for a month starting from Thanksgiving)

Thanks,
MD2001

Updated xls tracker wit my I 140 approved

How long do i have to wait with a PD April 2001 until i can apply for I 485?

MD2001 said:
Guys,

I need some clarification regarding the finger printing...

I have received the receipt notices (for all AP, EAD. 140 and 485) few days back and all notices have the following at the bottom.

"If this receipt is for an I-90, I-485 or I-698 application
Biometrics - (fingerprint, photo, signature)

The next stepis have your biometrics taken....call 800 number etc..."

OK...is this means I have to take biometrics appointment now or there will be separate fingerprinting/biometrics notice for I-485...

from all of your posts, it seems like there will be separate notice for biometrics but correct me if I am wrong.

appreciate any clarification...(as I am going an vacation to India for a month starting from Thanksgiving)

Thanks,
MD2001

Those are the same information that I got too on all the receipts (if it is for an I-90, I-485 or I-698 application Biometrics should be taken)

You need not schedule an appointment as you will be getting a separate biometrics notice in the mail which will give you the date and the time for you to go to the ASC office that is closest to you. Once you get the receipts you can go and get your biometrics done.

Some people have mentioned that you can go to the ASC office directly with the appointment the very next day and prepone your appointment, I have not tried it though.

Hope this helps.

GCVaruma.

It was on Birth Certificates...

RFE said.."The Birth certificate you initially provided shows that the birth was registered more than XX yrs after birth which is insifficient proof of birth"

Asked for early medical records,school records,religious records,affidavits

njrirlabor said:
Hi:

What was your I 485 RFE on?

Regards

I have an issue with my birthcertificates as well. I am not too sure if this will lead into an RFE later on, when they review the birth certificates.

My birthcertificate does not indicate my name. So, I recd an affidavit from my parents indicating my name.

My wife's birth certificate was in a foreign language and does not contain her name either. I got it translated from a certified agency and provided affidavits from her parents indicating her name. I am not too sure if this will lead to an RFE.

I guess in your case it appears that the birth certificates were obtained close to the applying the GC. So, what did you do to overcome this?

Do you think, I am likely to get an RFE on birth certificates?

Any ideas..

want_gc_now said:

RFE said.."The Birth certificate you initially provided shows that the birth was registered more than XX yrs after birth which is insifficient proof of birth"

njrirlabor said:
I have an issue with my birthcertificates as well. I am not too sure if this will lead into an RFE later on, when they review the birth certificates.

My birthcertificate does not indicate my name. So, I recd an affidavit from my parents indicating my name.

My wife's birth certificate was in a foreign language and does not contain her name either. I got it translated from a certified agency and provided affidavits from her parents indicating her name. I am not too sure if this will lead to an RFE.

I guess in your case it appears that the birth certificates were obtained close to the applying the GC. So, what did you do to overcome this?

Do you think, I am likely to get an RFE on birth certificates?

Any ideas..

njrirlabor,

I don't think u might be getting any RFE relating to BirthCertificates.
As long as u have a certificate proving that the birth was registered at the time of birth itself (as which was not in our case),u r good to go.

We have sent the affidavits(2 each),early school and medical records.

Hope everything works out well for you.

want_gc_now said:

want_gc_now,
could you please let us know what is the RFE you got for 140.

thx

MAY filers

Guys

ANy LUD or approval for i 140 for MAy 2005 Filers ?

Why is VCS so slow in approving may cases and why hasnt date chgs for them ? Texas cetner is processing aus 2005 !

AJ

aj_jadeja said:
Guys

ANy LUD or approval for i 140 for MAy 2005 Filers ?

Why is VCS so slow in approving may cases and why hasnt date chgs for them ? Texas cetner is processing aus 2005 !

AJ

-Received the I-140 Approval notice today.

congrats

congrats !

looks like they approved last 2 to 3 months cases left and right and now on all remainging cases they will have RFE and whtt not :) thus spend all this year on those cases :) 2006 comes again backlog will increase and again same routine will start !