2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Thanks Spidey! For the info. I cannot call them. That's the problem. THE UK Embassy requires you to call 1900 number for visa enquiries ( they are bad!!). and the wait times are ridiculous. Also, you are paying 2 dollars a minute, while you wait too.....! USCIS is a lot better compared to their process. I do plan on getting every document notarized anyways.

Thanks for your info.

spidey said:
njrir

It's strange that they require you to send originals.
Here's what I would do:

1. Call them and ask them if they will accept notarized copy.
2. Either way, get notarized copies prepared. You can find a notary at your nearest bank.

If they agree to accept notarized copy send them the notarized copy, if not send them the original and file the notarized copy for your reference should you need to.

Finally if you do send them your originals, put a letter in the FedEx envelope (make sure you ask for a receivers signature on the Fedex) - on this letter clearly list everything you are sending and note the ORIGINALS you have included as per their request. Then, make sure you include a prepaid FedEx envelope and on this letter write " PLEASE RETURN THE ORIGINALS IN THE ENCLOSED FEDEX ENVELOPE "

Remember you are sending your passport to them, nothing is more important than that passport, so they have to have procedures in place to accomodate your EAD / AP originals, one of them has to be this prepaid fedex envelope so they can send you the stamped passport back.

As long as you have someone to point to as the last one in the link (fedex tracking #, the signatory from their embassy etc.. along with your notarized copies you can get unlucky but not screwed. )

good luck, we all will face this problem sooner or later. Hope this helps.

wow!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got email from USCIS indicating that I-140 is approved.
485:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you !!

VSC approved your 140 case for concurrent filing in Sept !!! but there are few guys here including me with concurrent ND of July '05 .. and we are still waiting ...is this another special handling category ....

:( whatttt ddda *^&%$%

Congrats...

Congrats foret1...I remember how painful was your LC journey...you were compensated in 140 and hopefully for 485 as well...

MD2001

foret1 said:

I-140 Approved

My I-140 was filed on 09/20/2005. Today I received the receipt number from my immigration department and when I checked the USCIS website, the status for my case is showing as APPROVED !!!

It says my case got approved on Sep 30th. Just wondering how long does it take to receive a paper copy of the approval.

can someone please advice, when do you guys think that I should be able to file my I-485. My LC priority date is Mar 1999.

GS71 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

485:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you !!

VSC approved your 140 case for concurrent filing in Sept !!! but there are few guys here including me with concurrent ND of July '05 .. and we are still waiting ...is this another special handling category ....

GS71

I understand ur frustation. My guess his PD is very old. Thats why his case might have got approved so early :)

Hi all ,
Any one who got your approved 485 this month Oct'05- please respond.
Did you get the 485 approval by postal mail?

GS71,
no idea what you are talking about. no it's not a "special handling case". it's not "concurrent filing" and i am not sure where the "Sept" is coming from. anyways, good luck and all the best to you.

--GCVARUMA, njrirlabor, MD2001 thank you very much!!

GS71 said:
Good for you !!

Hi foret1:

Did you have any LUDs on your case before approval?

foret1 said:
GS71,
no idea what you are talking about. no it's not a "special handling case". it's not "concurrent filing" and i am not sure where the "Sept" is coming from. anyways, good luck and all the best to you.

--GCVARUMA, njrirlabor, MD2001 thank you very much!!

MD_Hell said:
My I-140 was filed on 09/20/2005. Today I received the receipt number from my immigration department and when I checked the USCIS website, the status for my case is showing as APPROVED !!!

It says my case got approved on Sep 30th. Just wondering how long does it take to receive a paper copy of the approval.

can someone please advice, when do you guys think that I should be able to file my I-485. My LC priority date is Mar 1999.

Congratulations foret1 and MD_Hell on your 140 approval.

Visa Stamp or AP

Hi

My employer applied for I485/I140/EAD/AP on Sep 27th for both me and my wife, We have got the approval for the AP/EAD.
Currently I am on H1 visa, the visa in my passport is stamped till Feb 2006(Got the H1 in Feb 2003).
I am planning to visit India in December and return on the 10th of Jan. Before filing the I485/I140 I had taken an appointment with the Mumbai Consulate for visa revalidation.

1) Can I enter the US in Jan with a H1 Visa valid till Feb 2006(So not go for stamping)
2)Or Do I need to get the vias restamped
3) Would it be better to come on AP

My employer has a policy of withdrawing the H1 after 6 months of I1485 Filing.

Thanks

Subs LC
LC: PD 6/01
I140/I485/EAD/AP (VSC):RD 09/27
FP: ND 10/05
EAD AD 10/05
AP: AD 10/07

Spouse:

njrirlabor said:
Hi foret1:

Did you have any LUDs on your case before approval?

yes i had 1 LUD indicating that the application receipt notice has been mailed. unfortunately, i don't remember the exact date of the LUD as i have deleted it from my signature and only the latest one is on the USCIS site.

I-140

As far as it seems to me is that if anyone files I-140 and doesn't file I-485 the VSC is processing it differently. May be giving priority as if they clear this case and they are done because there is no link to 485.
Who knows what logic they use. The bad thing is they are not transparent about what they do.As far as i know they don't follow FIFO. Check out www.immigrationwatch.com and you will see cases from any month in 2005 getting approved. But they do pickup more cases from previous months than current months. But what happens is some guys get approval in 1 month whereas other get in 1 year. The ideal situation everyone gets in 6 months (not gonna happen).

Good luck to everyone who got there approvals and also to those who haven't.

prasadlabor said:
Hi

My employer applied for I485/I140/EAD/AP on Sep 27th for both me and my wife, We have got the approval for the AP/EAD.
Currently I am on H1 visa, the visa in my passport is stamped till Feb 2006(Got the H1 in Feb 2003).
I am planning to visit India in December and return on the 10th of Jan. Before filing the I485/I140 I had taken an appointment with the Mumbai Consulate for visa revalidation.

1) Can I enter the US in Jan with a H1 Visa valid till Feb 2006(So not go for stamping)
2)Or Do I need to get the vias restamped
3) Would it be better to come on AP

My employer has a policy of withdrawing the H1 after 6 months of I1485 Filing.

Thanks

Subs LC
LC: PD 6/01
EAD AD 10/05

Spouse:

Better get Visa re-stamped as you already have appointment with consulate. Don't withdraw your H1 until your I-140 appoved and 6months passed I-485.

Hi rrdrai

Just wanted to check if your 140 got approped????
Did you try inquiring with VSC about the 140 status.....
please respond

rrdrai said:
Hi all ,
Any one who got your approved 485 this month Oct'05- please respond.
Did you get the 485 approval by postal mail?

What is the process to initiate an inquiry into the I 140?

Regards

gp1975 said:
Hi rrdrai

Just wanted to check if your 140 got approped????
Did you try inquiring with VSC about the 140 status.....
please respond

hi gp1975,

Your case is similar to mine. Did your 485 LUD change to FP rcvd? Did you check the status of i-140? pls respond.

I have had to deal with them in the past regarding some enquiries I had and trying to reach them by phone was a nightmare as you said. However, I had posted my question on their feedback section and was surprisingly answered by someone. You may try to do the same.

vol-va-purushotham said:
I have had to deal with them in the past regarding some enquiries I had and trying to reach them by phone was a nightmare as you said. However, I had posted my question on their feedback section and was surprisingly answered by someone. You may try to do the same.

Thank you very much for the info. I will try to do the same.