2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Anyone...
How long does it take to receive the RD and ND after your application is sent to VSC ?

Mine was sent by overnight UPS on Sept 16th but my lawyer has not received anything yet ? Of course I am concerned lest they reject the application, then I am screwed...

spidey said:
Anyone...
How long does it take to receive the RD and ND after your application is sent to VSC ?

Mine was sent by overnight UPS on Sept 16th but my lawyer has not received anything yet ? Of course I am concerned lest they reject the application, then I am screwed...

there is no frame time ..it can take less than a week as it can take more than 2 weeks....so don't panic u will get them soon.

Mine took 14 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
njrirlabor said:
Hi Guys!

My AP was recd by my lawyer yesterday. The lawyer recd 3 copies of AP. Did all your APs go to your attorney or recd by you?

Regards

same here, mine went to attorney (3 for me, 3 for my wife). My lawyer was expecting that they will be sent to her ---> it's normal.

spidey said:
Anyone...

Your I-485, EAD, AP checks will be cleared first. Normally it takes 1 to 3 weeks. For me it took 20days to clear my checks and I received my receipts in 25 days.

Question regarding RD and ND for I-140/485

Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum and please don’t mind if I am asking a silly question.

The Fed-Ex tracking shows that my I-140/485/EAD/AP applications package was received by USCIS (VT) on 09/27/05.

Will this be the Receipt Date (RD) for the applications or is the RD usually a later date than when the package was actually received by USCIS.

I am asking this because I am applying under the EB-2 category and need to apply my 485/EAD/AP before 30th September in view of the impending retrogression that will take effect from 1st October.

Also, it seems that the ND is a few days after the RD. Now when it comes to accepting the 485/EAD/AP applications before the 30th September deadline, which date does USCIS take into account ?
(i.e will the 485/EAD/AP applications be accepted if the actual package received date is prior to 30th September 2005 OR if the RD is prior to 30th Sept 2005 OR if the ND is prior to 30th September 2005.)

Any feedback regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SKIP

I am in the same boat with respect to my application details.
But the answer to your question is this:
If your application is received by USCIS before Sept 30th and is not deemed incomplete you are ok and I am guessing you will be assigned a ND and a receipt # in the coming weeks.

If your application is deemed incomplete, then you're screwed. An application is incomplete if for eg. there is a missing check or check for the wrong amount attached to your application.

From immigration-law.com
The requirement or definition of filing or receipt is provided in the immigration regulation, Section 103.2 (a) which includes the following:
Packet should be submitted to the right Service Center that has jurisdiction for his/her case;
Packet should include all the immigration forms involved in I-140 petition and EB-485 application, including G-325A and other immigration forms;
Packet should include checks for all the fees including fingerprint fee without any flaws whatsoever;
The forms should have signature of the petitioner or applicants;
Packet should be physically delivered to the Service Center and stamped by the agency during office hours. Postmark is not enough.

i may be wrong, but i was under the impression that even if your application is received before it would not matter unless they get to it by some miracle. from what i have read in this forum and other sites, once retrogression is in effect, even applications that are received will not be touched unless their PDs are current.
maybe someone who knows best can confirm or deny.

SKIP said:
Hi All,

I am asking this because I am applying under the EB-2 category and need to apply my 485/EAD/AP before 30th September in view of the impending retrogression that will take effect from 1st October.

Thanks

foret1

thats a separate issue.
by making it in before Oct 1, one can at least take advantage of ead / ap etc.

still waiting for the notice too. my 140 was sent overnight on 9/19 and i know my check cleared on 9/26. but still have not received the notice itself.

LaborBadhi said:
Your I-485, EAD, AP checks will be cleared first. Normally it takes 1 to 3 weeks. For me it took 20days to clear my checks and I received my receipts in 25 days.

spidey said:
Anyone...

Now the Battle Begins:

EB2 140/485/765/131... all sent to VSC on Sept 12th,
Notice Date Sept 15th.

It all starts now !!!!

Spidey,

Thanks for your feedback.
I only hope my attorney had all the paperwork in order.

As you rightly mentioned in another post to 'foret1', my idea was to take advantage of the EAD/AP by filing them with the 485 application and I hope you are correct.
I do realize that the 485 will not be approved (or may not be touched) until the retrogression date reaches my PD.

Thanks

My Details:
RIR EB-2 PA (PD:03/2002)
I-140/485/EAD/AP (Self & Spouse) (Package Rec'd Dt:09/27/05 ; RD:? ; ND:?)

SKIP

I have the same fears. I can only hope my lawyer put everything in order. Whats worse is that some ppl on this forum seem to recv their responses from VSC rather quickly but not my lawyer. If only there was some method to this madness I'd know when to hit the panic button.

Unfortunately, tomorrow will be too late if something is wrong with the packet and we haven't already sent out a replacement.

All the Best

All the best to all the guys who are trying to beat the deadline.. I hope and pray that your cases be accepted..

GCVaruma

SKIP said:
Got to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Second EAD

I am planning to file Second EAD and AP."My question is to which service center i have to file?"
Company filed for 485/140/EAD/AP at Vermont service center in Dec 2004,
Now I am filing by myself and I live in Florida which comes under Texas service center.

So do i need to file at vermont as my 485 is STILL pending at vermont or at texas as i live in florida?

Any suggestions?

Minicooper.

spidey, foret1, gcvaruma...hi

Hi Guys,

I am happy to see known faces here...I am lucky to use an LC of similar position which came in last minute and my employer promptly agreed to use it for me considering the retrogression.

Lawyer sent the filing today and will post more info once after getting the receipts.

EB2, RIR, PD 05/09/01, RD 10/28/03
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: RD 09/29/05

- MD2001

foret1 said:
still waiting for the notice too. my 140 was sent overnight on 9/19 and i know my check cleared on 9/26. but still have not received the notice itself.

There would be EAC number on the back of the Check's image. You can request a copy from your bank or see it online if its bank of america

EB1 Category 3, 140, 485 approval

Hi All,

Out of the blue today I received approval notices for my I-140 as well as I-485 for me and my spouse. Hoping that this is not some kind of a system malfunction :-(. What's more surprising is that I had received an RFE for me and my spouses Advance Parole some time back. We had sent the requested material to VSC but our AP's haven't yet been approved. Now we suddenly got the 140 and 485 approval notices. Please see my signature for all dates.

Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Cheers

EB1(3)
--------------------------------------
140:
RD - 5/20/05
ND - 5/24/05
LUD1 - 6/17/05
AD - 9/28/05

485 (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/05
ND- 6/16/05
FP Notice date - 6/17/05; FP done - 7/5/05
LUD (Self):- 1 - 7/5/05(no msg); 2 - 7/6/05(no msg); 3 - 7/13/05(FP received...); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
LUD (Spouse):- 1 - 7/5/05 (no msg); 2 - 7/6/05 (no msg); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
AD - 9/28/05

AP, EAD (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/2005
ND- 6/16/2005
AD EAD- 8/2/2005

Congrats

A_P said:
Hi All,

Out of the blue today I received approval notices for my I-140 as well as I-485 for me and my spouse. Hoping that this is not some kind of a system malfunction :-(. What's more surprising is that I had received an RFE for me and my spouses Advance Parole some time back. We had sent the requested material to VSC but our AP's haven't yet been approved. Now we suddenly got the 140 and 485 approval notices. Please see my signature for all dates.

Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Cheers

EB1(3)
--------------------------------------
140:
RD - 5/20/05
ND - 5/24/05
LUD1 - 6/17/05
AD - 9/28/05

485 (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/05
ND- 6/16/05
FP Notice date - 6/17/05; FP done - 7/5/05
LUD (Self):- 1 - 7/5/05(no msg); 2 - 7/6/05(no msg); 3 - 7/13/05(FP received...); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
LUD (Spouse):- 1 - 7/5/05 (no msg); 2 - 7/6/05 (no msg); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
AD - 9/28/05

AP, EAD (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/2005
ND- 6/16/2005
AD EAD- 8/2/2005

Congrats !

Just Enjoy :) don't think too much :)