2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hello Gurus

I got an LUD on my I 140 application today after almost 3 months my case details are as follows

> LC EB3 applied in Dec 2001, AD : Sep 28th 2005
> I 140 Applied on Dec 2005 Few LUD's in the month of Dec 2005 and now the latest one on 8th Mar 2006.

> Retrogessed Case Waiting for Visa Number to be current

Please advice what this LUD could be.

Best Regards

Saburi

Nirvan said:
GC VARMA and some one else asked me about the fee for second extension.

This new fee came into effect on dec 8, 2004 due to Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2005 .
u can google on Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2005, to get more details.

I went to USCIS web site and clicked on forms and fees and then I 129.
Here we can see the fee details.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129.htm

It says for first H1B application and first extension, the fee is 190+500+ 1500(or 750)

So, naturally for all other extensions itz base fee of $190 only

Thanks for the information.

GCVaruma.

Finally Approved

Hi All,

Our 485 got approved yesterday ie on 8th March. My PD became current this month and it's nice to see the approval emails today.. Good luck to you all and hope that you all would get approvals soon.

Thanks,

unitednations said:
I haven't checked the old postings but here is the fee scheduel:

First H-1 with any employer: $190, $500, $750 (or $1,500 if more then 25 employees).

Second h-1 with same employer: $190, $750 (or $1,500)

Third h-1 with same employer: $190

People get confused with "second extension". They think it is the second h-1 with same employer. It is actually the third one with the same employer. First h-1 would be "new employment" or "change in employer", Second h-1 you would file would be extension (this is the first extension), third h-1 you would file would be extension (this is the second extension).

Unitednations.. Thanks for the information.

ask_gc said:
Hi All,

Our 485 got approved yesterday ie on 8th March. My PD became current this month and it's nice to see the approval emails today.. Good luck to you all and hope that you all would get approvals soon.

Thanks,
Congrats ask_gc on your 485 approval. Have a party on receipt of it.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

unitednations said:
I haven't checked the old postings but here is the fee scheduel:

First H-1 with any employer: $190, $500, $750 (or $1,500 if more then 25 employees).

Second h-1 with same employer: $190, $750 (or $1,500)

Third h-1 with same employer: $190

People get confused with "second extension". They think it is the second h-1 with same employer. It is actually the third one with the same employer. First h-1 would be "new employment" or "change in employer", Second h-1 you would file would be extension (this is the first extension), third h-1 you would file would be extension (this is the second extension).

Unitednations, in the USCIS link http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129.htm there is no information about fees for First, Second and Third h-1. Where can we get conformation. According to your logic I will be doing Fourth h-1 ( third extension) with the same employer. I got to know that USCIS fee will be $1690 {$190 + $750 + $500(Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee)+ some other} . Am I being looted? Help needed. Thx

congrats!!!!!! did you do any follw up in feb as you have an LUD

ask_gc said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

Hello Gurus

Yet Another LUD from March 9th 2006.

> LC Applied on 6th Dec 2001 in EB3 Catagories, AD : Sep 28th 2005.
> I 140 Applied on 6th Dec 2005 in VSC, LUD's Dec 15th 2005, Dec 17th 2005, Dec 18th 2005, Mar 8th 2006, Mar 9th 2006.

Please give me your valauble adivce to when should i expect the approvals on my I 140.

Also if any news or guess on April Bulletin.

Best Regards

Saburi.

Any one applied I-140 with future employment option ?
Any approvals or RFE's for applied I-140 with future employment option ?

United nations,
Can you please advice me what types of RFE's are possible for future employment based I-140?

thx.
Pramul

pramulreddy said:
Any one applied I-140 with future employment option ?
Any approvals or RFE's for applied I-140 with future employment option ?

United nations,
Can you please advice me what types of RFE's are possible for future employment based I-140?

thx.
Pramul
everyone who applied through PERM applied "with future employment option"
is that what you mean?
basically, 90% of EB applications filed after Sept. 30 2005 are PERM-based

Enjoy and Congrats

ask_gc said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

ask_gc

Your approval was quick considering your Notice date and the fact that you just got out of retrogression. WOW.
Enjoy !!!!!

labsub

140 approved!

Finally my 140 got approved yesterday :)! . Now my wait for 485 begins.

- sappana

EB3 : PD:03/2001
I-140 : RD:05/26/05, ND:06/02/05, RFE 12/9/05, AD 03/08/2006

Congrats

sappana said:

- sappana

What was your RFE and was your case out of 245 I cases or you have an H1 B Visa.

Did you already applied for 485

Please share more details

Best regards

Saburi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saburi,

Mine is labor sub. i did concurrent filing for 140 and 485. RFE was on additiona evidence about my work experience. I have my H1b till end of 2006.

- sappana

saburi said:
What was your RFE and was your case out of 245 I cases or you have an H1 B Visa.

Did you already applied for 485

Please share more details

Best regards

Saburi

michvin said:
everyone who applied through PERM applied "with future employment option"
is that what you mean?
basically, 90% of EB applications filed after Sept. 30 2005 are PERM-based

Mine was regular labor filed on feb 2004(future employment)?
applied I140 July 2005 got RFE on 03/07/05.

unitednations said:
Some people apply based on future base employment. Typical RFE is ability to pay. If you are working with company from priority date then you only need to show ability to pay for the differene between labor wage and what you got paid.

However, if you weren't with the employer from the priority date then company financials have to make up for the full labor wage.

Since many consulting companies are non profits (unfortunately they don't give out charitable receipts :D ) they have a harder time getting approved for people that they are filing on future base.

Thanks for the information. I spoke to you today afternoon from WOODBRIDGE NJ. I am waiting for the RFE info from my attorney?

Thx
Pramul

Congrats

Congrats !

When was your RFE responded ?

sappana said:

- sappana

Congrats Sappana

sappana said:
My lawyer sent the response for RFE on 01/25/2006.

- sappana

Did your online status changed after they received your reply for RFE? How long it took for this change? My employer sent response a month back, so far there is no change in the line status.

Thanks
Kopa

Thanks for your wishes GCVaruma and WorryForGc.

No, I did not initiate any inquiry in Feb... It just got approved after the dates became current in March

Congrats ask_gc on your 485 approval. Have a party on receipt of it.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.[/QUOTE]

Need Advice on InfoPass

labsub said:
Megraj,

You can talk face to face with an immigration officer by taking an Infopass Appointment. Since you are out of retrogression, he/she will be able to tell you the status of your case.

Labsub
EB3 PD July 2000
I-140 - approved
I-485 ND June 2005.

labsub,

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you think it is a good idea to setup an InfoPass Apppointment considering that I have opened up a Referral on Feb 28th?

I guess the web is the best way to setup an InfoPass appointment. Is that correct?

All Gurus please advise as appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Meghraj

EB3 PD Mar, 1999
I-140 Approved
I-485 ND 11/2004; AD ??