2005 Concurrent filers - Discuss here

WhyThisDelay said:
Higcoptimist/ dcmetro

The FP/Biometrics notice were mailed to you or your lawyer??

From what I know, they should be mailed to your home address. Can you please confirm.

Also what date is your fingerprinting scheduled on??

Hi,

They mailed the notice to my lawyer and the lawyer's office forwarded the same to me. The Biometrics is scheduled on Nov 10th. As I mentioned in my earlier mail, it is code 3. By the way, what is code 2?

DCMetro/Manmadh: Wish you both and the other waiters a speedy approval

Cheers
Higcoptimist

Code 1 and code 2 are FP and Biometrics. Not sure whether code 2 is for FP or Bio. FP is for fingerprinting all 10 fingers, whereas bio is for scanning the index finger and a photograph ( this photograph is the one which will appear ultimately on GC)

Code 3 is code 1+ code 2.

higcoptimist said:
Hi,

They mailed the notice to my lawyer and the lawyer's office forwarded the same to me. The Biometrics is scheduled on Nov 10th. As I mentioned in my earlier mail, it is code 3. By the way, what is code 2?

DCMetro/Manmadh: Wish you both and the other waiters a speedy approval

Cheers
Higcoptimist

Guys I need some info here, my lawyer is getting ready to file for EB-1. Can I also file for I-485 now or do I have to wait until EB-1 comes back approved ( or not ) in a couple of months....?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Dan

That was funny ''why so fast''. Well congrats for your approval. I have not received anything yet for my I140-EB1-2 category. I hope I see the same trend with me but with my luck I know it would not be .

I140: 09/28/05 RD 09/29/05 LUD 10/12.05
I485: 09/28/05 RD 09/29/05 LUD 10/12.05
WhyThisDelay said:
NSC seems to be in overdrive and is firing on all cylinders right now. Defintely the processing dates for EAD, AP and 140 have moved into october.

Although I havent received the FP/Bio notice yet, going by the trend - I'll probably receive it soon.

The only long pole item right now will be 485 processing. This probably will remain long pole item due to retrogression (unless you are from non India/China country).

Anyway - it's good to see all this progress, after years of wait (esp in LC stage, where I took this screen name 'WhyThisDelay' . If there were no 485 stage for GC, I would have changed it to 'WhySoFast' :) ).

GL to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
olympics2008 said:
That was funny ''why so fast''. Well congrats for your approval. I have not received anything yet for my I140-EB1-2 category. I hope I see the same trend with me but with my luck I know it would not be .

Hi olympics2008,

Have you applied for EAD and AP. Please let us know the status if you did apply for them.

485/140/EAD/AP - ND 09/28/05

140 --- LUD 10/24/05
485 --- LUD 10/24/05
EAD ---
AP ---

Thanks,

Depends on Priority date (PD) on your LC and if you are from India/China.

If you are from India and your PD is post May 2002 - you will not be able to file AOS. Same thing for Chinese nationals if their PD is post year 2000.

Dannyvi said:
Guys I need some info here, my lawyer is getting ready to file for EB-1. Can I also file for I-485 now or do I have to wait until EB-1 comes back approved ( or not ) in a couple of months....?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Dan

Processing of EB1 (Extra ordinary ability) 140 is about 1 month behind EB2 140 processing (see this link http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6739 ).

USCIS will probably look at your case soon.

olympics2008 said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your input'' why this fast''. But mine is EB1-2 (outstanding researcher) which I guess is same as yours.

WhyThisDelay said:
Processing of EB1 (Extra ordinary ability) 140 is about 1 month behind EB2 140 processing (see this link http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6739 ).

USCIS will probably look at your case soon.

Hi manmadh
I didnot apply for EAD and AP since I still have 3 years on my H1-b. It seemed like a waste of money as both EAD and AP are only for a year and have to be renewed again with processing fee everytime.

Manmadh said:
Hi olympics2008,

Have you applied for EAD and AP. Please let us know the status if you did apply for them.

485/140/EAD/AP - ND 09/28/05

140 --- LUD 10/24/05
485 --- LUD 10/24/05
EAD ---
AP ---

Thanks,

Guys.

I would request everyone to create a signature with information about their case in it ( esp. about 485, 140 and FP - since these are the tasks where some people get stuck).

Optionally, include the LC, EAD, AP info in it too.

This way users of this thread will not have to go to previous posts to get this info. Additionally this will give us an easy way of seeing what's going on at NSC with all the reader's cases and try to deduce the trends.

WhyThisDelay said:
Depends on Priority date (PD) on your LC and if you are from India/China.

If you are from India and your PD is post May 2002 - you will not be able to file AOS. Same thing for Chinese nationals if their PD is post year 2000.

Since I'm going with EB-1, LC is not a requirement, I'm from Romania ,my lawyer keeps telling me that it is impossible to file for both ( EB-1 and I 485 adjustment of status) at the same time ...I have a hunch he's trying to drag this as long as possible....he's been doing it for the past years or so ... :mad:
Thanks.

Hi

Anyone has any idea that how long it is taking for 140 EB3.My labour just got approved and ready to file 140.
Thanks in advance

Dannyvi.

Actually PD for EB1 and EB2-NIW is the date when you file your first application (140). So PD is still there- although since you are from non IPCM countries, you should be good.

I've done some research on this topic. The reason why your lawyer does not want to file 140 and 485 together is that there is inherent risks involved in filing EB1 and EB2-NIW in 140 stage. So lawyers want to play it safe and file only 140 first. I dont think that there is any legal rule, stopping you from filing both. It's only that all the fees for EAD, AP, and 485 are wasted if 140 gets denied (companies do not like this).

My take on it - EB1 140 is taking 1-2 months to get approved. Go by what your lawyer says - file 140 first and in the meantime keep the application for 485 ready. File 485 once 140 approval arrives.

Dannyvi said:
Since I'm going with EB-1, LC is not a requirement, I'm from Romania ,my lawyer keeps telling me that it is impossible to file for both ( EB-1 and I 485 adjustment of status) at the same time ...I have a hunch he's trying to drag this as long as possible....he's been doing it for the past years or so ... :mad:
Thanks.

Currently they are processing EB3 140s that were filed on 6/1/04. It may take more than a year.

See this link for processing times at NSC:
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6739

srignram said:
Anyone has any idea that how long it is taking for 140 EB3.My labour just got approved and ready to file 140.
Thanks in advance

WhyThisDelay said:
Dannyvi.

Actually PD for EB1 and EB2-NIW is the date when you file your first application (140). So PD is still there- although since you are from non IPCM countries, you should be good.

I've done some research on this topic. The reason why your lawyer does not want to file 140 and 485 together is that there is inherent risks involved in filing EB1 and EB2-NIW in 140 stage. So lawyers want to play it safe and file only 140 first. I dont think that there is any legal rule, stopping you from filing both. It's only that all the fees for EAD, AP, and 485 are wasted if 140 gets denied (companies do not like this).

My take on it - EB1 140 is taking 1-2 months to get approved. Go by what your lawyer says - file 140 first and in the meantime keep the application for 485 ready. File 485 once 140 approval arrives.

Thanks, that sheds some light .... :) Dan

I-140 approvals

WhyThisDelay: please advise me how to request my attorney to file my I-140 papers at NSC earliest.
my details are : PD-4/14/2003 OH, EB3,
RD-6/15/2004 Chicago,
Dallas -12/2004.
LC- I got copy of LC approval on 10/4/2005
but my attorney received the 750A only on 10/26/2005. he asked me the fee for filing I-140. I sent it immediately. but still he didnt file my papers for I-140.
I told attorney to be prepared before the LC comes. because i was the regular viewer of the DBEC forum. I came to know lot of things in that forums because of you guys, espeacially you,ICARUS,justwatching.
now i am in this forum. I should make him to do it fast. I dont know how to do it. Please advise me.
thank you,
Jc_gc

I've not seen many people with good experience with lawyers. My own experience with lawyers was pretty bad - when I had to file my LC (it took a few months to file it from the word 'Go').

This behavior of lawyer cannot be amended completely (most of them are the same). But there are some things you can do - which I did during 140-485 filing and pre-discussions. First of all ask for Estimated times for everything - 140 filing, time for response to emails, time to reply when an approval like 140/LC arrives. Never let an un-answered email go unanswered - send a reminder after a week that you are still awaiting reply and cc your manager (but at the same time do not send a lot of emails asking trivial questions). Remind him of the estimated times he gave you, if he is digressing a lot from estimated times.

But in the end these are just general guidelines. If your lawyer is a lazy person and he is a co. lawyer, you'll have to accept the fact, that things cannot be made very speedy. Also the 140 for EB3 is taking more than a year to get approved, as well as PD for EB3 are severly backlogged. So there is really not a big need to create too much hurry here. Say you file 2 months from now instead of 1 month, your approval will come in 1 - 1.5 years, PD remains the same and most probably PD will not be current. You'll have to wait to file 485 in either case.

jc-gc said:
WhyThisDelay: please advise me how to request my attorney to file my I-140 papers at NSC earliest.
my details are : PD-4/14/2003 OH, EB3,
RD-6/15/2004 Chicago,
Dallas -12/2004.
LC- I got copy of LC approval on 10/4/2005
but my attorney received the 750A only on 10/26/2005. he asked me the fee for filing I-140. I sent it immediately. but still he didnt file my papers for I-140.
I told attorney to be prepared before the LC comes. because i was the regular viewer of the DBEC forum. I came to know lot of things in that forums because of you guys, espeacially you,ICARUS,justwatching.
now i am in this forum. I should make him to do it fast. I dont know how to do it. Please advise me.
thank you,
Jc_gc

I140 Update

Unfortunately, It was an RFE sent on Nov 4th. Not sure what the RFE is for. Have to wait for the hard copy, any guess from experts?

Thanks.