2004 XL tracker for NSC only!!!

RathergetShot,
Congrats ......

I should expect my approval soon I guess. I have a question about the degree, Can you submit ur master degree even though you dont have ur degree? My case is also like that, I have completed 3 years Masters in 2001 and did not get a degree bcoz of pending papers. But My LC was filed based on my B.Sc computers and work experience. If i get any RFE then I can produce my score sheets right?

July140,

The only reason you could get an RFE is if your ETA 750 does not specify "BE/BS or equivalent or a combination of education and work experience" in section 14. IF you do get an RFE based on your education not being sufficient (or based on the fact that you have used combination of education and experience) then based on my experience you should be able to submit your mark sheets from your masters course.

Like you I was under the impression that I should have completed my masters. However it turns out that the requirement is for 4 years of degree education after your high school. With my partial masters (and the marks cards to prove it) I have 5 years of study towards degree/degrees. My lawyer said that before submitting the I-140 application we could do a re-evaluation of my education using my masters marks cards. So essentially evaluation for labor was different from evaluation for I-140 (I did not know this was possible and was preparing to apply for a new LC with all possible combinations mentioned in the experience section - section 14.) I must impress that the lawyer was reluctant to make any change and only relented because I was persistent. She said that they had no trouble before with such applications (combination of education and experience for equivalency to BE/BS etc.) I was paranoid after reading about rejections and RFE on similar cases and was not willing to take any chances and if I had not insisted then we would have submitted the same evaluation used for the LC for the I-140 also.

I did not get an RFE or anything - thank God!

Hope I answered your question. Good luck!

RatherGetShot.

P.S: I am not a 100% sure that section 14 of the ETA-750 is the part about experience required but I hope you know what I am referring to. My ETA-750 simply said “BE/BS or equivalent”.

No priority date anywhere in papers I have.

maheshcr said:
Congratulations. What was your priority date?

Mahesh

The priority date field is blank on my I-485 receipt notice. What is the significance of that?

Rathergetshot,

Your priority date will not be in 485. Your LCA file date is a priority date and it iwll be mentioned in your LCA approval notice.

I-140

RatherGetShot said:
The priority date field is blank on my I-485 receipt notice. What is the significance of that?
It will be there on Ur I-140 approval notice and is significant only if U are EB3 and from axis of Retro countries..

Priority Date

july140 said:
RatherGetShot,

Your priority date will not be in 485. Your LCA file date is a priority date and it iwll be mentioned in your LCA approval notice.

Thank you for the information. I don't have the document in front of me but my LCA was applied for around April 2003 and was approved around June 2003. So I'm assuming my Priority dates is around that time. Am I correct?

What does this mean? My I-485 was application has a receipt date of July 28th 2004.

Also, now that the I-140 is approved does my employer has to send any notification to the USCIS? How does the USCIS know that they can resume processing my I-485? I am asking because as of now I don't think my employer or lawyer knows that the I-140 is approved. I will have to get after their lives if they have do do anything at their end.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.

Rathergetshot,

July 28th is receipt date of your 485 which NSC received. If u applied LCA on Apr 2003 then ur PD is Apr 2003

Priority Date - where?

Folks,

Before I rush off to the I-485 forums - where can I find the current priority date? I've searched all over these forums and on Google but cant find a definitive place for the answer. What is the current priority date?

Thanks in advance.
RatherGetShot.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB2 - 140 Approved

140 Approved! Waiting for 485...hope it comes thru' soon. My 140/485 was concurrent and I hoped to get the 485 approved soon after my 140 got approved (a couple of days as was the case with most others) but nothing seems to be changing online. So, I think I'll have to wait! Updated the dates in the tracker.

140 - RFE On Friday

UCSIS has mailed a RFE on my I-140 for Additional evidence. I-140 RD 10/17/2003 EB2 Nebraska

Any thoughts on what could be the RFE

140 Rfe

Hi,

My worst fear came true. Yesterday I received an email from USCIS regarding an RFE mailed. I do not know about the content yet, but I would like to request others to give me some input on the types of RFE encountered in 140 case.

thanks,
lsetty - EB3
140/485/EAD/AP - ND: Oct 22/2004

140 to Change from EB2 to EB3

Need some help

I received a RFE to Change from EB2 to EB3. What does this mean to the EAD/AP that i have now ? Can this be renewed when EAD expires ? or i need to wait until the date becomes current ?

Labor Applied : 06/17/2003
140 PD : 10/31/2003
485 PD : 02/15/2004
2nd EAD/AP Valid until 02/16/2006

Any thoughts from experts