2004 XL tracker for NSC only!!!

Approved

Hi Everyone,

It's finally my turn to say that our 485's have been approved. I always found comfort in these forums when my situation was desperate. Here are my details

Labor PD 11/2000
I140 ND 06/14/2004
I140 AD 08/24/2004
I485 ND 06/14/2004
I485 AD 04/01/2005

Good luck to everyone ! ! ! !

regards,
Sreddy227

Updated the tracker with my information.

Suggestion :

The tracker may need to be updated with the priority date as I called the USCIS last week and they said the approval is based on the priority date (the date labour was received by the USCIS).

Mahesh

Just updated the excel with my I-140 Approval Info

Detail:
I140--> RD:05-Mar-2004, AD:08-Apr-2005
I485--> RD:05-Mar-2004
EB2 Catagory PD: 06/15/2001

Updating my I140 approval info

Updating xls file with my I140 approval info

Labor PD: NOv 2001 AD 02/28/2004
I140/I485/EAD1/AP1: 06/01/2004
EAD1/AP1: 08/03/2004
I140 AD: 04/05/05
EAD2/AP2 PD: 03/28/2005
I485 AD?????

140 issue

Hi,

I read the posts regularly, but have not posted till today.

My ND for concurrent filing is 8th Oct 2004. Got my EAD and AP but waiting for 140 and 485.

I have a question.

Is it true that 140 can be denied based on the applicants education. I have a Masters in Biology but have 9yrs experience in IT and Diploma in computers and certifications in software. Inspite of all these my attorney says there is a possibility for denial. Did anyone come across such case. Please post your comments.

lsetty said:
Hi,
Inspite of all these my attorney says there is a possibility for denial. Did anyone come across such case. Please post your comments.

I think U are using pre-approved labor.
Edu issues are normally associated with them as U cannot tailor make Ur case.

The easiest way to get around is -- have the word 'equivalent' and allow combination of degree and work experience - for equivalency in the labor certification.

If you have them then I see U should not have any problems -- at the worst there might be an RFE and U can have a good evaluation done to make it equivalent to US 4 year degree programs.

U have so much experience and in addition U have a diploma -- with 3 + 2 years for masters --- I see no problems though.

Contact UnitedNations for more details -- he has a good way of evaluating regarding these issues.

Good luck

Updated Excel with my I-485 Approval..

Details:
I140--> RD:05-Mar-2004 AD:08-Apr-2005
I485--> RD:05-Mar-2004 AD:12-Apr-2005
EB2 Catagory PD: 06/15/2001

Billtoo,

Thanks for your response. I'm not using a pre approved labor. I'm using my own that was approved by Chicago DOL.

But somehow my legal department put this idea that there might be a problem. I had plans of visiting India this summer so now, to be on safe side I have applied for 7th yr extension, have to go to canada for stamping and then visit India. I never knew that education will be an issue for 140.

Can you give me the contact for UnitedNations.

Billtoo said:
I think U are using pre-approved labor.
Edu issues are normally associated with them as U cannot tailor make Ur case.

The easiest way to get around is -- have the word 'equivalent' and allow combination of degree and work experience - for equivalency in the labor certification.

If you have them then I see U should not have any problems -- at the worst there might be an RFE and U can have a good evaluation done to make it equivalent to US 4 year degree programs.

U have so much experience and in addition U have a diploma -- with 3 + 2 years for masters --- I see no problems though.

Contact UnitedNations for more details -- he has a good way of evaluating regarding these issues.

Good luck

Billtoo,

Looks like you updated more than your records. I thought I would update my approval info, but apparently you had already taken care of that.

Thank you for your help.

U are welcome

musicLover and waitingNwaiting,

U are welcome -- as I was going thru the list I found several guys had abandoned the excel sheet as soon as there 140 and 485 got approved..
So I keyed in the missing data...

What do U thing about our 485 --- will it be done fast or we may have to wait till our PD becomes current...
Humm we are lucky that our application got picked up for approval for I-140 ... what if when our PD becomes current --- but still we may have to be lucky enough to be picked up again....

Lets' hope for the best ...

Billtoo

details and updated excel

updated details in the excel sheet....

and thanks to everyone for their contribution...it has been very very helpful..

Mind boggling relief

All,

Some of you will be happy to know that I got my I-140 approved.

EB3 Category.
RD - July 28th 2004
ND - Aug 2nd 2004.
I-140 Approval Date - 04/15/2005.
Concurrent filing.

I was sure my application would be denied based on the fact that my LC was approved on a combination of Education and Work experience. I had to convince my employer and lawyer that we should use only my education for the I-140 (thankfully I had done 2 more years toward my masters and had the score cards to prove it although not the final degree as I had 2 papers yet to complete.)

We are so elated we are giddy. Thank you all for your advice and support and good luck! If you have questions, do ask. Updated the tracker.xls with my details.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.

Last edited by a moderator: