2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hello GC_485_2001,

I have approved 140 and waiting for 485 to be approved. I completed my 6 years and have valid AP+EAD till mid 2006. My lawyer suggested for 7th year H1 extention and I did. Appealing reason to me is, (1) its easy to travel on H1 than AP.(yeah, H1 stamp is a pain). Keeping AP as backup. (2) The important reason is if anything happens to 485, you still can stay here for H1 validity. Hope this helps.

-happy4you
GC_485_2001 said:
Friends,

I have my I-140 approved, I have EAD and AP until Feb 2006. Please advice do I need to file for H-1 Visa, does filing H-1 visa adds any value during traveling to India or Job change or otherwise. My I-485 seems to get stuck in name check, so little home for GC for now.

Please advice for H-1 visa requirements

Regards

:)

Nebraska Service Center's I-485 processing date hasn't moved at all (between 7/1 - 7/15, as listed on www.aila.org).

Seems like it's going to be the same case for VSC, given the recent trend.

Thanks GC_Sadak.

Thanks for your encouraging words. This(passport copy) is the only thing they asked in my RFE, so hopefully everyrhing else is alright for them to approve.

gc_Sadhak said:
2001_Labor,

I happen to be in a simiar boat. Got Candian PR and came back, still waiting for 485.

I don't think we will have any problem. During our GC 'sadhana' here, at no time did they ask or we say anything about residence status in a third country. Then how can we be at fault? Canada may have a good reason to cancel your PR, but not other way around. (If Canada were a person, she would certainly do it, but being a country she still has to follow her rules.)

Cheers.

To all discussing about Canadian PR and US GC

2001_Labor said:
Thanks for your encouraging words. This(passport copy) is the only thing they asked in my RFE, so hopefully everyrhing else is alright for them to approve.
This question has been asked earlier also and discussed. In my opinion, you should not maintain PR status of 2 countries at the same time. I know there are wayouts to maintain Canadian PR and US GC, but you may get in trouble doing so. I also applied for Canadian PR and US GC. My Canadian PR was still pending when I got my US GC. I sent a letter to Canadian Counslate that I want to withdraw my application for Canadian PR. I got a reply from them that they have closed my file.

This is the link to one of the thread that I read earlier, read it and specially post #14. I do not say this is necessarily the truth and I know this thread is also from people like you and me, but whole of this forum is made up of views of people like you and me. So read it and make your own decision.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=146346

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info EricS.

EricS said:
This question has been asked earlier also and discussed. In my opinion, you should not maintain PR status of 2 countries at the same time. I know there are wayouts to maintain Canadian PR and US GC, but you may get in trouble doing so. I also applied for Canadian PR and US GC. My Canadian PR was still pending when I got my US GC. I sent a letter to Canadian Counslate that I want to withdraw my application for Canadian PR. I got a reply from them that they have closed my file.

This is the link to one of the thread that I read earlier, read it and specially post #14. I do not say this is necessarily the truth and I know this thread is also from people like you and me, but whole of this forum is made up of views of people like you and me. So read it and make your own decision.

Guys Any News About Employment Based Priority Dates : For Aug 2005

Normally these are published before 15th of previous month..

Thanks, EricS. That was an eye-opener. I see the conflict in trying to maintain both. And the difficulty in anwering questions at the border.

Wouldn't it be still safe to assume I can keep one till I get the other? at least as long as I don't cross borders? (I don't see myself violating any rules so far, neither here nor there.)

2001_Labor, I think you are safe, but please share your experiences in case they ask any questions. Thanks.

EricS said:

Height of foolishness of USCIS

I've been reading this forum for a very long time. I've gone through lot of trauma in my GC process with around 9 RFEs and the saga still going on even now that too even after 8+ years of stay in this country.

I wanted to share the height of foolishness from INS. I've applied for the extention on my EAD and AP(I-131) in the last week of May'05 in on-line. I took the appointment from Maryland INS center for the Digital signature and digital picture for the EAD and I-131. Last week I got an RFE from INS on the picture(photo) saying that digital pictures are not allowed for I-131.

That means they have given an RFE for the picture they had taken saying that digital pictures are not allowed. Isn't this called HEIGHT OF FOOLISHNESS. Anyhow I will take a picture from SEARS and send it back to them.

In fact this is my 2nd GC process, first I-140 approved but got laid off from the job at the righ time back in 2001. This time including substitution, denials on 7th yr extention and RFEs and murthy's attorney fee I spent so far more than 22k (whether u believe it or not...just for 7th year ext it costed me including premium processing - 11k).

Substitute labor EB2
I-140 filed on Feb'04 - RFE Mar'05, response on Jun20th - Approval...???
485- May'04 - Approval ????
2nd EAD - Approved - Jun 20th

do retrogression effect I140?

Gurus,

One of my friends got I140 approved with EB2.
His I140 applied date, RFE date and response date are same as mine. His I140 got approved 3 weeks ago and mine is still pending.

Mine is EB3. I am just wondering is the retrogression dates effect this I140 also? or is there is a way that I can followup with VSC regarding the status of my case. Please suggest

Thanks,

Raj_De said:
I've been reading this forum for a very long time. I've gone through lot of trauma in my GC process with around 9 RFEs and the saga still going on even now that too even after 8+ years of stay in this country.

I wanted to share the height of foolishness from INS. I've applied for the extention on my EAD and AP(I-131) in the last week of May'05 in on-line. I took the appointment from Maryland INS center for the Digital signature and digital picture for the EAD and I-131. Last week I got an RFE from INS on the picture(photo) saying that digital pictures are not allowed for I-131.

That means they have given an RFE for the picture they had taken saying that digital pictures are not allowed. Isn't this called HEIGHT OF FOOLISHNESS. Anyhow I will take a picture from SEARS and send it back to them.

In fact this is my 2nd GC process, first I-140 approved but got laid off from the job at the righ time back in 2001. This time including substitution, denials on 7th yr extention and RFEs and murthy's attorney fee I spent so far more than 22k (whether u believe it or not...just for 7th year ext it costed me including premium processing - 11k).

Substitute labor EB2
I-140 filed on Feb'04 - RFE Mar'05, response on Jun20th - Approval...???
485- May'04 - Approval ????
2nd EAD - Approved - Jun 20th

I have been in this country for over twn years and I am still stuck at LC stage. I am wondering whether is it worth all the sacrifice that we are making. But I cannot believe you paid 11k for 7th year extension.

I140, I485

Hi all,
Can employer hurt my GC process after 180 days of 485 pending? Please let me know what are the precations should I take. My job searching process going on....
Thanks in advance.

gcby2020 said:
I have been in this country for over twn years and I am still stuck at LC stage. I am wondering whether is it worth all the sacrifice that we are making. But I cannot believe you paid 11k for 7th year extensionTry Murthy and let us know..

do retrogression effect I140?

MegaGreenCard,

Retrogression should not affect I-140. It is meant for I-485/AOS approval. Since I-140 filing date is much before the current I-140 processing dates (which is into 2005 now), you should consider calling NSC and open a case inquiry.

Hi GCby2020

First time attorney fee 1500 + 1000 (premium processing) + 400 (h4 fee) + 500 misc..
got denied for the first time in two months

2nd time same charges + 1000 (for the substitution fee) in 4 weeks (proper reason not given by the employer and the attorney..)

3rd time same charges - H1 approved and H4 denied

Raj_de
I have been in this country for over twn years and I am still stuck at LC stage. I am wondering whether is it worth all the sacrifice that we are making. But I cannot believe you paid 11k for 7th year extension.
GCby2020

gc_Sadhak said:
Thanks, EricS. That was an eye-opener. I see the conflict in trying to maintain both. And the difficulty in anwering questions at the border.

Wouldn't it be still safe to assume I can keep one till I get the other? at least as long as I don't cross borders? (I don't see myself violating any rules so far, neither here nor there.)
In my opinion, yes, that is a safe assumption untill you do not cross the border.
2001_Labor, I think you are safe, but please share your experiences in case they ask any questions. Thanks.

Call

I called VSC cust. service at 1-800-375-5283 then
options: 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 4, Cust Suppt Lady
(after waiting for 15 min.)
Customer Support lady said that she will not disclose any "STATUS" related information. Did not even ask any EAC/Notice Date. And asked me call on VSC 800-375-5283 number from Receipt with options 2-6-2-4 to open referral.

ANy idea, if this referral is any effective?

My 485 notice date is in 1st week of August-04.

Apply AC21

Slave_Victim said:
Hi all,
Can employer hurt my GC process after 180 days of 485 pending? Please let me know what are the precations should I take. My job searching process going on....
Thanks in advance.

If you apply for your AC21, your employer cannot hurt you. But you need a company for applying AC21..

Sudh said:
I called VSC cust. service at 1-800-375-5283 then
options: 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 4, Cust Suppt Lady
(after waiting for 15 min.)
Customer Support lady said that she will not disclose any "STATUS" related information. Did not even ask any EAC/Notice Date. And asked me call on VSC 800-375-5283 number from Receipt with options 2-6-2-4 to open referral.

ANy idea, if this referral is any effective?

My 485 notice date is in 1st week of August-04.
If your Receipt date is on or before July 20th, you can raise a query , otherwise wait for couple of days, the proceesing date may move forward.
rrml

Can one get hurt after 180 days?

Slave_Victim said:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance.

A big Yes! I am a living example for this. My 140 has been revoked when I switched job after 180 days and approval of 140. Following the revokation my 485 has been denied. The employer will always have the right to revoke disregarding the status of it (aproved , pending, etc.)

Filing an AC21 may tone down the degree of injury you might get. But still you will atleast get an RFE if at all it is revoked.

Guys this is not to discourage you from moving to another employer but to alert you about the possibilities. I got my 485 back on track after filing for MTR, luckily which has been approved in a month's time. There are cases where it took more than a month (4 months for Sanz72).