2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

dancingdesert said:
I just got my GC approved - along with that of my son. He is 11. Is he eligible to get a SSN?
I checked SS website QnA, but could not get a clear answer to this questions.
Your input is welcome.

Yes he is, SSN is usually given to the children at birth.

If he was born here - getting SSN would be non issue. Since he got his GC recently, and is 11 yr old (was not born here in the US) can he get SSN?
Any special/specific requirements?

New dates on the website

New dates are posted on the website. I-485 has moved to Aug 19th 2004.

An update on my case. it is stuck in Name Check. It was sent to FBI in July 2004.

Congratulations to all those who got their approvals and good luck to all who are name stuck.

Now another loooooooooooong wait begins...

Hi,
I am a new member, but i have been following the forum for a long time. My question was
1. Is it possible to travel to India on AP for 3 months even though i had mentioned in the application for AP, the length of travel as 1 month. Will the INS raise any issue regarding this.
2. Any thoughts on when the PD would reach Oct 2003 ( May be an Yr)

Your thoughts are appriciated

Thanks

I-140: AD 9/15/05
FP: 4/02/05
I-485: AD: ?

Name Check Question ?

July022004,
How did you know that its got stuck in name check ? Is there any 485 status for name check or you need to call VSC ? Can you please let us know.....

july022004 said:
New dates are posted on the website. I-485 has moved to Aug 19th 2004.

An update on my case. it is stuck in Name Check. It was sent to FBI in July 2004.

Congratulations to all those who got their approvals and good luck to all who are name stuck.

Now another loooooooooooong wait begins...

1439 days journey ends :eek:
Recieved the actual card today
Guru's can you tell me if I have to go for my son's stamping as he is under 12 or will they mail his card, in the approval letter it says your card will be mailed in 120 days
Thanks in advance

any approvals this week

any 485 approvals this week. looks like they are still in long weekend mood..
it would be good if they out source this process :(

APMay2004 said:
Hi,
I am a new member, but i have been following the forum for a long time. My question was
1. Is it possible to travel to India on AP for 3 months even though i had mentioned in the application for AP, the length of travel as 1 month. Will the INS raise any issue regarding this.
3 months won't be an issue. Make sure your AP is valid up to the time when you come back. It is better to keep some grace time, lets say your AP is expiring Dec 10th 2005, you should try to come back by Nov 30. I say so because I read a person's case where his wife tried to travel on June 29th from India. She missed her connecting flight. Her AP was valid till July 1st. I do not know what they did now, but initially she was stuck in India for couple of days.
2. Any thoughts on when the PD would reach Oct 2003 ( May be an Yr)

Your thoughts are appriciated

Thanks

I-140: AD 9/15/05
FP: 4/02/05
I-485: AD: ?

Yes you can get SSN,

dancingdesert said:
If he was born here - getting SSN would be non issue. Since he got his GC recently, and is 11 yr old (was not born here in the US) can he get SSN?
Any special/specific requirements?
Even if your kid has EAD can apply SSN, That is the only reason we apply EAD for kids.

Thanks
Karunakar

EB3 and 485

Gurus:

Can somebody tell me if USCIS opens/abjucates/reviews EB3 485 cases during the period of 'visa unavailability' ?

I know that they will not approve the cases if the PD is not current but I am not sure if they open the case and do the initial processing.

Thanks in advance !!

EricS said:
I looked at your previous posts. You had some problems with your 140. Your company never received a receipt for that.
Very important in your case, find out how I-140 fee was paid?
Is that check cleared?
If so then your receipt # will be on the back of that check.

Talk to your company and find out the answers to above questions. I think the reason USCIS closed your 485 is that they think you never applied for 140, where as the case may be that USCIS lost your 140 app.

Erics,
You are correct.Today my lawyer called USCIS and he got the confirmation saying lost my 140 app.
My lawyer told me that they are sending all previously filed copies of my I140 application with fees with a detailed explanation.
will uscis accept the case like this? I lost hopes
Do i need to reapply I485 apps again?
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

karurama said:
Even if your kid has EAD can apply SSN, That is the only reason we apply EAD for kids.

Thanks
Karunakar

Thanks. But I did not apply for an EAD for him - so I will wait for I-485 approval letter for him and use it to apply SSN.

Do kids (under 12 year) get GC (the actual card) as well? There was no fingerprinting or picture taken for him.

mygc2005 said:
[/B]

Erics,
You are correct.Today my lawyer called USCIS and he got the confirmation saying lost my 140 app.
My lawyer told me that they are sending all previously filed copies of my I140 application with fees with a detailed explanation.
will uscis accept the case like this? I lost hopes
Do i need to reapply I485 apps again?
Thanks,
In my opinion, if your lawyer sends in proof that they did in fact apply for 140 previously, there are chances that USCIS will accept the 140 app. In such a case you do not need to reapply 485. The same 485 will be reopend.

How many times we can apply for I 140 & 485 ??

My employer said, we can only file 485 for 2 times in a life time ?? Is it TRUE?? I am not sure about his comment :confused:

Any one know how many times we can file I 140 / 485 from existing company??

Can we file number of I 485's from different company's by cancelling one and applying other ??

Any answers wil be greatly appreciated !!

EricS said:
In my opinion, if your lawyer sends in proof that they did in fact apply for 140 previously, there are chances that USCIS will accept the 140 app. In such a case you do not need to reapply 485. The same 485 will be reopend.

Thanks EricS.
Yestreday my lawyer spend more than one hour with USCIS rep.
He didn't tell me the outcome of that.
The only proof is EAD Approval.I believe that if there is no I140 and LC USCIS will not approve EAD and AP etc..is it correct EricS?
Thanks in advance.

myGC2005:

If your EAD has been approved, that implies USCIS has received your I-140 and I-485 (Just commonsense). I know a case where USCIS has lost his file and the case was approved eventually.

nymagnate said:
Hello ERS_MD:
yes, the 3 month wait is only applicable to folks on EB-3 category from India, China, Phillipines and Mexico. you are good..based on your dates and EB-2 category, I would be surprised if you do not receive your card in the next couple of months!

I am honestly not sure what you mean by "How long normally does it take between spouses?" Are you in-between spouses? just kidding...adding some levity to the forum! Seriously, I am not what are you asking?

Thanks for the response nymagnate. As for my spouse, here is the story. I received my GC on 2nd of July. And my wife received her second EAD card the same day. And her 485 has still not been approved. Our lawyer has started official inquiry. When we got married, it took a month to get her H-4. And when our H visas expired, we applied for the second ones, and this time it took her 5,5 months to get the H-4 visa. I think her name got stuck in the security check both times. And now for GC, I am concerned that we might be going for another ride for security check.

So that's what i was asking. Is it normal that spouses are not approved at the same time? If yes, what is a reasonable time between approvals of the spouses?

If it is a namecheck process (damn, i think it is :( ), how much more time does this mean?

Thanks for your responses.

ers_md

Anya4ever said:
I have been waiting for my spouse's approval since April. Called VSC twice, and were told that the case is awaiting security cheks. Pls keep us posted about your spouse's case.

i guess I am not alone. My 485 was approved on 6/23/05 and I received my GC on 7/2/05. But my wife's 485 has still not been approved. The message still says "Finger prints are have been received ...... "

Me Too

ers_md said:
i guess I am not alone. My 485 was approved on 6/23/05 and I received my GC on 7/2/05. But my wife's 485 has still not been approved. The message still says "Finger prints are have been received ...... "

I-485 Approved on 7/5, received approval letter from USCIS on 7/8, and no LUD change on wife's I-485, since "fingerprint results received...." on 4/20.

EB3 approval

Hi

This is a repost. I did post this in the wrong forum yesterday. Sorry for the confusion. Here is my approval history.

EB3 Software Engineer

PD Feb. 07, 2002
Labor approved
Trenton, NJ April 04, 2004
Regional NY Sept. 2004 with one RFE on prevailing wage which we were already in compliance in the previous year.

I-140 + I-485 concurrent filing with RD Nov. 09, 2004.
For I-140 RFE for degree evaluation for MS (Canada) and Ph.D (Australia) on Feb 23, 2005. Replied in early April and forgot to submit transcripts.
Fingerprinting in mid March 2005
Second RFE for transcripts on May 24, 2005. Replied on early June 01, 2005.
Approved I-140 + I-485 on June 28, 2005.

Note that I-485 was approved without a non availability of birth certificate. I had only an affidavit (at the time of concurrent filing) from my mother which she did it for my brother in 1987 for his green card. Indian consulate in NY will not give me a birth certificate since I am holding a Canadian Passport. Later I managed to get a non availability of birth certificate from the town municipality and additional affidavits from India but my attorney suggested to wait for the RFE, which never came.

In addition, I was in Nova Scotia, Canada for the 4th of July weekend thinking that approval will happen only in the next fiscal year (since EB3 was closed on July 01, 2005). I reentered with my H1B instead of the advance parole on July 06, 2005. I saw the approval when I returned from Canada. I have an appointment for stamping, finger printing, photos, ..etc at Newark on July 21, 2005. No emails or system updates yet. On the internet it still shows processing I-485 and will contact when approved. Attorney received both the approval notices. My employer received I-140 approval notice.

We are a small company with 5 employees. All US citizens except myself and we work on US Defense R & D. Majority of our work requires US citizenship. Finally, what a relief!