2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

rj123 said:
Guys.... please help. I am trying to find out if my approval delay due to my working experience in a gulf country and also because of my popular last name, no middle name in official record etc. Did anybody here got recent approvals who had their case stuck in name check recently (per USCIS) and now approved ?. Also if your name falls in to a common name category with no middle name in official record and if you had worked in any gulf countries etc ?.. I am getting frustrated with this whole name check delay crap...... it is ridiculous that this name check delay is killing us.....!!! Please reply.....
Did you get a reply from FBI that your name check is not cleared yet?

> If yes, then please add your record to this following thread and you can also see how long other people are stuck. I can understand your frustration, but there is nothing once can do about it. Read the story of user "dima66a" in that thread, see if you can also find such a person:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1192663#post1192663

> If no, then how do you know that you are stuck in name check?

mygc2005 said:
Gurus,
Please help me.
Just now i found that my I 485 has been Adiministrativily closed by USCIS.
Don't know the reason.
I did not get any letters from USCIS yet.
USCIS rep told me that she don't have any furthur info os Administrativily closure.
She told me that she can give more details tomorrow.
Does any body have idea why USCIS will close a case like this?
Thanks in advance.
I looked at your previous posts. You had some problems with your 140. Your company never received a receipt for that.
Very important in your case, find out how I-140 fee was paid?
Is that check cleared?
If so then your receipt # will be on the back of that check.

Talk to your company and find out the answers to above questions. I think the reason USCIS closed your 485 is that they think you never applied for 140, where as the case may be that USCIS lost your 140 app.

Hey mygc2005
How did you find out that your case was administratively closed? FOIA or cust. rep. or email notification. I am in the same situation.

Thank you GcNov2004

Thank you GcNov2004 for your answer and help to provide docs for name check. It was a big help. I will wait for 30 days as I have initiated official inquiry. I will follow your steps regarding expediate thru congressman option.

All the best for your case.

-happy4you

New Development

I just checked USCIS website and found 140 LUD is changed. As mentioned earlier, mine 140 was approved in Jan 05 with wrong message (eb2/eb3 issue), got corrected in Jan,05 but now got LUD changed in Jun,05. What that mean? Recently, I have initiated official inquiry for 485 status. Is it related ? I am really worried.

happy4you said:
Thank you GcNov2004 for your answer and help to provide docs for name check. It was a big help. I will wait for 30 days as I have initiated official inquiry. I will follow your steps regarding expediate thru congressman option.

All the best for your case.

-happy4you

still waiting...

It seems that one of the previous comments hits the spot -- if there is any information on you in FBI whatsoever, bad or good - no matter - it significantly delays the name check.

I am still waiting. :rolleyes:

I know for sure that my fingerprints exist somewhere, as I work for a brokerage and by SEC rules they did a background check with FP when employed me.

Now I am waiting... and waiting... given that FP was 04/12 and mine is EB-2.

-NYQ.

I am in the same boat

ny-quant,

Similar situation here with I-485 ND of 9/04, FP on April-13.

However, the official processing dates from VSC are showing July, 04. We need to wait a bit, 30 days after it passes the Sept, 04 mark and then we can raise an enquiry as to the status of our cases. Hopefully, in a couple of months or so...

Hopefully, we will get our approvals by then.

Cheers,

EricS said:
I looked at your previous posts. You had some problems with your 140. Your company never received a receipt for that.
Very important in your case, find out how I-140 fee was paid?
Is that check cleared?
If so then your receipt # will be on the back of that check.

Talk to your company and find out the answers to above questions. I think the reason USCIS closed your 485 is that they think you never applied for 140, where as the case may be that USCIS lost your 140 app.

Thanks Erics.

My company received a letter from USCIS in JUNE 1st week regarding I140 missing fess.
Company Send the Check(I140) with that letter to USCIS on JUN 2nd week.
Don't know why USCIS closed my file.

Thanks,

HeyWhereIsMyGC? said:
Hey mygc2005
How did you find out that your case was administratively closed? FOIA or cust. rep. or email notification. I am in the same situation.

I called USCIS Vermont Ser. Rep regarding FP Results.
She told me that the case has been Administrativily closed on 06/28.
There is a LUD on I485 on 06/30(Mine and my dependents cases).

EricS said:
Did you get a reply from FBI that your name check is not cleared yet?

> If yes, then please add your record to this following thread and you can also see how long other people are stuck. I can understand your frustration, but there is nothing once can do about it. Read the story of user "dima66a" in that thread, see if you can also find such a person:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1192663#post1192663

> If no, then how do you know that you are stuck in name check?

Thanks EricS.....

I got this info from VSC customer service... They told me my case is all set for approval but pending name check...

for those whose 140 and 485 are still pending..

guys,
Let me know what should our plan of action should be?? my employer doesnt seem like making an inquiry to the INS about the status of i140. He just wants me to wait forever.. Does it make sense to switch employment at this point of time? I have only six months left on my h1. I can ofcourse change employment and go back to my previous employer where my labor(first stage) is going on for about an year now..
Let me know ur suggestion guys.

Looking at todays events in London, now either everyone will be stuck in name check or they will expedite the name check process.

:eek:

mygc2005 said:
Thanks Erics.

My company received a letter from USCIS in JUNE 1st week regarding I140 missing fess.
Company Send the Check(I140) with that letter to USCIS on JUN 2nd week.
Don't know why USCIS closed my file.

Thanks,
What is the status of that check, is it cleared?

If the answer is no, then USCIS did not get that check and that is the reason why they closed your 140 file. Find out the status of that check.

ny-quant said:
It seems that one of the previous comments hits the spot -- if there is any information on you in FBI whatsoever, bad or good - no matter - it significantly delays the name check.

I am still waiting. :rolleyes:

I know for sure that my fingerprints exist somewhere, as I work for a brokerage and by SEC rules they did a background check with FP when employed me.

Now I am waiting... and waiting... given that FP was 04/12 and mine is EB-2.

-NYQ.
I agree with your statement that if there is any information on you in FBI, it will delay the name check, but I do not think that a previous background check with FP from FBI can be one of such information. The reason I say so is that when I applied for Canadian Immigration few years back, I (as everyone else) had to send FP to FBI for background check. Or may be it was plain luck that I did not get stuck in name check.
Just my 2 cents.

Calling VSC Rep

Is there any harm calling cus rep to find out the reason of delay after giving FP for more than 2 and 1/2 months. Just want to check whether i am victim of name check or something else. my I140 and 485 RD is 12/21/04

please help

EricS said:
What is the status of that check, is it cleared?

If the answer is no, then USCIS did not get that check and that is the reason why they closed your 140 file. Find out the status of that check.

Thanks Erics.
I am trying to find out the status of Check.
And also i had called USCIS today and the Cust.Rep told me that my file is with case resolution unit.They will contact me if anything they needed.

Cards Received

Hello All,

Finally, my journey of more than 4 years has concluded. Received cards for both me and my wife on July 5.

Thank you all for your valuable guidance and for those still waiting, good luck.

I will continue checking messages here.

GC and Getting SSN for Minor Child?

I just got my GC approved - along with that of my son. He is 11. Is he eligible to get a SSN?
I checked SS website QnA, but could not get a clear answer to this questions.
Your input is welcome.