2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

word of caution...

Just a word of caution - when I was talking to them, she mentioned that i should wait for 60 days after my "FP recv and case resumed" date. She even added that they are currently processing "Sep 2003" applications. :eek:

I had to remind her that my application is being processed by VSC and not transferred to local office yet.

Looks like VSC customer svc reps really do not have anymore info. that what is available to us via their "Online status" website.

Cheers

docneedsdoc said:
Hi guys,

just wanted to share my experience with calling VSC about my 485. The rep said that they were processing 485 for May 13 (!) and that I should expect no change for the next 2-3 months! In addition, I questioned her about the fact that I had no FP received message while my wife did - it appears that my file is 'where it is supposed to be' and that she did not have any info about there being a security (or any other) delay.

I guess they take their time with these things. I wanted to put this out there for others in my situation and also to seek any advice or courses of action to be taken.

regards

How I visualize/see it? the LUDs on my I485, after FP scheduled/done date
FP-Done/Scheduled date: 04/14/2005 (Ignore it)
LUD1: 04/14/2005 (Applicant Appeared/FP/Biometric Captured)
LUD2: 04/15/2005 (Captured FP/Info Transmitted to FBI)
LUD3: 04/20/2005 (FP Results Received..on the XX/XX/XX Date..Resume..)
LUD4: 05/11/2005 (Internal Change/Consolidation/Review)
LUD5: 05/12/2005 (Internal Change/Consolidation/Review)
LUD6: XX/XX/XXXX (NameCheck Receive/RFE/Approval)

Gcprocess2005 said:
everything is on hold.. I would suggest you not to call uscis to make an inquiry.. we can wait for sometime, I guess.
i can't even call for an inquiry, because i am on EB-1 multinational and date shows Nov 18th 2004 for this category. It's been 5 months and that date is not moving at all.. it took 4 years to convince my compary to sponsor and now don't know how long it takes ... :(

luck_2005 said:
i can't even call for an inquiry, because i am on EB-1 multinational and date shows Nov 18th 2004 for this category. It's been 5 months and that date is not moving at all.. it took 4 years to convince my compary to sponsor and now don't know how long it takes ... :(

dont loose your heart my friend. Im sure we will get it soon..
VMI,
we unfortunately cant predict the USCIS's processing. All we can do at this moment is to wait.. .

assur said:
based on your judgement should I wait one or three more LUDs to be sure that the name check is cleared?

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd EAD and AP

I am also applying for 2nd EAD and AP and donating some money to them.:D Seeing the pace they are clearing backlog I may not get approval for next 7-8 months.
I was just curious is it compulsory to apply 2nd EAD and AP for my spouse? She doesn't work and will not need EAD. Can I apply only for me?

patnams said:
I finally applied for 2nd EAD and AP for both me and spouse. USCIS gets another 680$. Good business !!

As a matter of fact USCIS is a money making machine. All the money that comes in through USCIS goes to centralized account (may be DHS). Then each year DHS allocates some money to USCIS, irrespective of how much USCIS is actually making.

Lot of this money is used for hiring temporary workers. When the money is used up, they get rid of temporary workers and as a result case processing becomes very slow.

I wonder if the slowdown in past few days is related to budget? I hear that processing has slowed down in other centers too.

EricS said:
1> You should call USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

2> You may ask your lawyer to open the inquiry, but you do not have to ask your lawyer if you are going to call yourself.

3> Ask the representative that you want to know why your 485 is not processed as VSC is now processing case that have ND 30 days > your 485 ND. S/he will give you an option to start a status inquiry or you can ask to start it. They will send you a written response stating the reason of the delay, if any.

The sole purpose of this inquiry is that while look for a reason for delay, they may find that the FP is not done and will send you the FP notice.
Let me know what you find out, I may also be calling for my spouse's case when 485 date moves ahead.

Erics,

I called USCIS service center today, as you said, they issue a status inquiry for my case and said I should receive something within next 30days, let see.....

assur said:
I think....
USCIS is processing cases based on - Name Check Batches sent by FBI
- Name Check Batches Under Process (Month of March)
- Name check Batches Awaited (Month of April)
- Name Check Batches Awaited (Month of May)

Watch "FP-Received" date ranges. It seems to be a single process. First, FP results are sent, sencod the Name Check are sent, to USCIS by FBI.

hi Assur and all Gurus,

I did my FP in the month of FEB 2005 and i see a message something like "On March 7 2005 the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. "

Based on the above message can i assume my name check is done ?
Sorry i did not keep track of the LUD Changes.

Please let me know .

thanks -Tigris

GCMental said:
I contacted USCIS rep and he said that my 485 is pending processing due to name check of my daughter(15yrs) and they do not have any control over the name check proces..

Can someone help me how to expedite name check process?
Gurus.. Please help.
regards, :(
Very sorry to hear that your daughter's case is stuck in the name check.
In my opinion, your own case should be adjucated as it is not your case that is stuck in name check.

Unfortunately, you cannot expedite the name chack. That said, there are still some option that you can excersise to get it moving. One of my friend's case is also stuck due to name check. Please see the following thread for more information:
Thread: Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it
URL: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845

VA_CH said:
Hi Eric
I got the pending message from VSC rep but he said that everything was clear-FP, name check etc. He also said hopefully your case will be worked on soon. I dont understand why the case should be in pending status if everything is clear.
I can think of 2 scenarios here:
1> You are still within 4 to 6 weeks of FP done date. May be your case is in the process of adjucation and you will hear the results in about 2 weeks time.

2> There are too may cases with ND around May 18 to 28, 2004. It may take some time for them to start working on your case. Best bet will be to start a status inquiry and get a written response as to what is holding up your case. Some times this will trigger them to work on your case. Please read Jharkhandi's post couple of days ago where he suggests what to do if you think your case should have a result by now and you are still waiting.

bocondo said:
I am also applying for 2nd EAD and AP and donating some money to them.:D Seeing the pace they are clearing backlog I may not get approval for next 7-8 months.
I was just curious is it compulsory to apply 2nd EAD and AP for my spouse? She doesn't work and will not need EAD. Can I apply only for me?

EAD you need to apply if u intend to work. In your wife's case, since she is not working, you don't need to apply for an EAD for her.
AP you need to apply if u intend to travel. Now if your wife needs to travel out of country and back and doesn't have a valid H-4, in that case you would need a AP for her.
Hope this helps..

Infopass Appointment

Friends,

Need your suggestion/advice.

I received my 485 Approval on May 16th. Now since I am trying to get an appointment via infopass.uscis.gov for my passport stamping, I am having a hard time getting through it, display the standards message "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later".

I am in Tampa Bay, Florida Area. Please help me and any input is greatly appreciated.

Casca2005
------------------------------------------------
EB3 Labor Substitute Case.
LC PD 1999
140/485/EAD/AP RD Dec 30th 2004
140/485/EAD/AP ND Jan 18 2005
140 RFE: 12 April 2005
(RFE on old Education Evaluation, so submitted a new one)

485: FP done on 12th March 2005
EAD/AP: LUD May 12 2005
Both 140/485: Approved on 11-May-2005
Waiting for the Infopass Appointment

zbcx123 said:
I was told by the rep that my case is put on hold due to visa number unavailability ...

zbcx123 said:
Not sure... My attorney said he is gonna call USCIS to re-iterate the fact that it has to be processed under EB2.. Will keep you posted.

I will suggest that you ask your attorney to send a written request also, to attach your pending 485 to your EB2 approved 140, something like interfiling.

Beeru_thaaganu said:
Dudes - Whats going on at VSC? No approvals on this forum for a long time.

Beeru, I have noticed a marked slowdown also. They seem to have put the brakes on for a while. May be the Gurus can shed some light here.

assur said:

most likely it's like this:

LUD4: 05/11/2005 (NameCheck Receive)
LUD6: XX/XX/XXXX (RFE/Approval)

What is name check?

tigris said:
hi Assur and all Gurus,

I did my FP in the month of FEB 2005 and i see a message something like "On March 7 2005 the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. "

Based on the above message can i assume my name check is done ?
Sorry i did not keep track of the LUD Changes.

Please let me know .

thanks -Tigris

I am in the same boat. (been silently following this forum for many months)

What is name check and will there be an LUD for the same?
If it is stuck which agency do I contact /push?

Any advise will be helpful. Guru's, any predictions for me?
Can somebody update the tracker with my info as well?
Thanks,

-----------------------------------
Self
EB2 Subs VSC PD June 11, 2001

Got 131 in July 04- but online status never updated
765 Approved 06/30/04
I140 recvd 4/7/04
I140 Approved 02/25/05

Spouse
131 - Approved 07/01/04
485 - recvd 5/20/04 - notice 05/26/04
765 - Approved 06/30/04

485 - App recvd 5/20/04 - notice 05/26/04
FP done for both 02/26/05
LUD saying FP results recieved on 03/07/05(for both)
No movement after that

Called USCIS on 5/20/05 and sent an inquiry on the case.